“Great for a family, close to ferry port, caring host”

St. Martin's Bed & Breakfast
and 1 more site!
St. Martin's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 16 Rosslare B&B and Inns
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Great for a family, close to ferry port, caring host”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The ferry was delayed so we booked this B&B by phone from Pembroke. John, the owner gave clear directions and called when there was no sign of us as he was concerned we were lost (we were still on the ferry - very long crossing). We arrived on a cold and stormy night with our 8 and 5 year olds. The room was spacious and warm and the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CrankyMammy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed here in December and can not speak highly enough of the place. My ferry was due into Rosslare in the early hours of the morning and the hotel went out their way to accommodate me. The room was warm and spacious and despite only getting a few hours sleep due to business matters it was clean, comfortable and quiet. When I got up the owner (John) made me some breakfast despite it being after the normal breakfast hours and he sat with me and offered advise of travelling around Ireland for my business trip and even offered the use of his iPad to plan my journey. He was very friendly and chatty and even gave me some fruit to take with me on my journey. The room was nice and the owners nicer. Thank you again and if I am ever coming again would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2014

It was wet and cold when we arrived and John brought a lovely tray of food and hot drinks to our room which we were most grateful for. Would highly recommend this accommodation. Location was excellent for the ferry.

• Stayed December 2013
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had a reservation to stay here. It seemed like a good place to stay, close to the ferry terminal, and nice. Bad weather cancelled my ferry back to Ireland, and on top of that, my car had broken down. I had no way to make it to Rosslare.

I know that the cancellation policy is 48 hours notice, but this all happened within 30 hours of my trip to Rosslare. I called the property to give them as much notice as possible, and even asked if I could still pay them a lesser rate considering the short notice. The owner was less than understanding and still charged to full amount.

Because life and weather on the Irish Sea are both uncertain, DO NOT STAY HERE!!! This is a bad business practice, and it is preying on someone when they are completely helpless. Do not stay here and support people who operate a business like this.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank kpbjr1
Stmartinsrosslare, Owner at St. Martin's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
You have the audacity to claim that you were "charged the full amount" when you gave invalid credit card details when making the reservation and therefore could not be charged. Terms of booking are very clear when making a reservation on booking.com.

When you called me you only said your hired car was broken down and it would take four or five days to get the part, had you mentioned the ferry cancellation, that would have been taken into consideration and no charge would have been applied.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Wonderful hotel. Friendly atmosphere.
Made to feel immediately welcome by the owner.
Great breakfast.
Very convenient to the ferry to Wales for our onward journey.
Also handy for supermarket & good food at the nearby hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

When we first arrived the owner greeted us, chatted with us and made us feel very comfortable. We arrived quite late on a Sunday evening however he recommended local restaurants which were still open, this was very handy as we had just travelled a long way. He also informed us that we were just a minute away from the ferry port which we needed to get to early the next morning. There are plenty of leaflets containing information, food menu's etc for the local area.

This building is beautiful inside and out, we were shown into our en-suite room which was spotless. The room contained two large windows, tea/coffee making facilities all stocked up, with the option of using a normal or plastic cup. There were ample plug sockets and lighting, a TV and trouser press, nice large wardrobe and spare pillows. The main feature in the room had to be the very comfortale four poster bed and lovely soft sheets!

The bathroom was also very clean and honestly cannot be faulted.

The following morning we opted for a meaty full Irish breakfast! It was a good size meal and we were provided with plenty of coffee (or tea if you choose), juice and bread. The food came out very quickly and the lady serving us was very polite.

Once we had eaten the owner came to see us to make sure everything was ok and to ask if we needed anything else.

All in all this was a wonderful stay and I honestly don't have a bad word to say about the place or the staff. I will definitely recommend and stay again!

Apologies, my pictures really don't do this place justice!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7