“Fantastic”

Aldridge Lodge Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Ross
Aldridge Lodge Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 8 New Ross B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight for dinner and B&B.
The food and atmosphere are fantactic. Brilliant choice of locally produced food cooked to perfection. I had the evening special surf and turf, lobster tail and slow cooked (14 hours) rib beef. Good portion size and good value.
Breakfast the next morning did not dissapoint either. Again quality ingredients.
My wife had the sole special which was top!
Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was travelling for work and needed to stay in the New Ross area. I looked on trip advisor and luckily this place popped up. I stayed the night had dinner and breakfast and could not believe the value. The meal was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. I had a crab starter and the special main. Biggest crab starter Ive ever had and the main was beef and lobster, all locally sourced and you could taste it. The beef (rib) fell off the bone and was to die for. Get the truffle chips too to make it extra special. I couldn't handle dessert but it looked good.The accommodation was perfect, very simple and spotless. For breakfast the local made yoghurt with rhubarb and the best white pudding ive tasted topped off a great stay.
The local area is also stunning, I will definitely be back and I would happily pay more(its not often you say that). Stayed the 29/6/13

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dob
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Arrived yesterday afternoon, to be warmly greeted at the door by Billy the chef, lovely welcoming person. Our room was perfect, spacious with a fabulous view over Duncannon beach.
We had an aperitif in the little bar before dinner where we perused the menu before deciding on what to have, difficult decision, as all choices looked fab!!!
Our dinner was excellent, all courses for both myself and my husband were pure perfection, I had the Surf and Turf and he had the steak both of which were superb!!
Loved every morsel of our dining experience in Aldridge Lodge.
This is a Gem of a restaurant in the wonderful surrounding of the Hook head peninsula.
Joanne, is so delightful and can't do enough for you, both herself and Billy obviously work very hard as it truly shows in this fantastic place. Well done guys, you are both so good at what you do, thanks for a fantastic dining experience!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Try the tasting menu. Super food with excellent service from real Irish/ local staff!
This a real jewel of a restaurant. We did not stay overnight so cannot comment on the bedrooms. I am still trying to fill out this review to get to the required 200 words .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sammccrum
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Aldridge Lodge really is a special place, with quality food really the reigning king. This time, I travelled with my family for a significant birthday, and we had a lovely time. Dinner was gorgeous, and the chef made a lovely birthday cake for us. The dessert platter is AMAZING- definitely get that when you go. The rooms are lovely (the 5 of us occupied all the bedrooms), and the little touches like sparkling water and the little pieces of homemade cake in the rooms, and fresh milk and cream in the mini fridge out in the hall, make a really big difference. Only niggle I have is that the room I was in this time had an old-fashioned shower which took ages to rinse my hair (a power shower would be better), but that's a very minor point, and I look forward to my next trip to Aldridge Lodge!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Celebrated a family event there over the weekend, booking out the rooms and having a great dinner with the family.

This was our second visit and the food lived up to our expectations and memories of the previous year. Great selections for dinner, a lot of sharing going on.

Breakfast is quite special with fruit, yogurt, muesli and a big choice of a fry, fish or pancakes. The part if the restaurant where breakfast is served is particularly bright with glass on three side and views across the countryside.

On our previous visit we had the "tasting" menu for dinner, this is quite special but is not available on Friday or Saturday nights.

Plenty of walks around the area with Duncannon Beach and Hook Head very close by.

We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Aldridge Lodge is a gem. The food is just amazing - everyting from the amuse-bouche to the dessert to breakfast the next morning. During our recent stay we were welcomed by the owners and the staff were very friendly. We had some delicious starters - the crab claws & pate dishes being particular hits, the mains were yummy, if a little large, and the tasting plate for dessert was very generous and each thing more tasty than the last. We stayed in the rooms upstairs which are comfortable and then were treated to more amazing food for breakfast. 10/10.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family