“My new favorite place on earth!”

Creacon Wellness Retreat
GreenLeadersGold level
“My new favorite place on earth!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Had a wonderful visit at Creacon Lodge. The energy here is amazing. It is beautiful and peaceful, the food is great the company even better and there is a wide variety of services offered that people travel for, as well as workshops and classes. I highly recommend it.Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: our room was on the far end of an outside cottage #8. We loved it!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank maryannmichaels
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your rave review of Creacon Lodge. We are flattered that you consider us your favorite place on Earth - such an accomplishment :) We are glad to hear you enjoyed your room, the food, the services, and the staff. We look forward to your return, which sounds like it may be sooner than later.
Jonathan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have just returned from a 24 hour stay at Creacon Lodge and if I can feel this good after such a short visit I cant wait to return for a longer stay. The staff were so welcoming - I felt I was coming home. The food was great and the surroundings were just so beautiful. Thank you so much for a lovely relaxing time. I am planning my next visit already.

Regards and love to all.

Mary - Wexford

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary W
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful and shining review! We welcome your return and are glad to hear you felt at home at Creacon Lodge. You only experienced a taste from your one night stay and you won't believe the personal transformation and peace that you can find by staying with us for a week or longer. We will see you back soon... :)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Creacon Lodge has been my destination for years when I really want to get away. Working very long hours and days, I seldom get the chance to just be with no hustle and bustle. Creacon Lodge, with their friendly staff, excellent service and unique tranquil atmosphere I find myself always recharged. Their unique spa services and classes make this a self help mecca without ever trying. Come and enjoy this exquisite place. It is like none other I have ever been!

Room Tip: Every room I have had is special.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ThePhoenixtvlr
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your kind review! It is great to know that you continue to appreciate all aspects that Creacon Lodge has to offer and the value of its services to help you relax and unwind. We greatly appreciate your fantastic review and sharing with your friends your great recommendation to stay with us. Until we see you again !

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I came across this place by accident & am so glad I did ....this place is so relaxing ...the food is wonderful ..the staff are so helpful & welcoming ...it is a place without doubt to go to re charge & relax..totally renewed after 2 nights ..will be back without doubt

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank tricia023456
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We are very happy you found us as well and from your review, it sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your visit in all aspects. Thank you in advance for your return visit and for posting this gleaming review.

Dublin
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Creacon Lodge is an impeccably clean and well-run facility located in a lovely, peaceful setting and run by extremely welcoming and friendly staff. My spa treatment was top notch; much better than those I've had at 5-Star Resorts. And it was so warm! Which is saying something, for those familiar with retreat centers in Ireland and the U.K.

Despite this, I give the centre an 'average' rating because -- as someone who is not a disciple of Derek's (the lodge's owner/guru) -- it was simply a bit over-the-top for me. As a seasoned meditator, I found the meditation hall overwhelming; more sensory overload than the relaxed meditative environment I had hoped for. Upon entering the hall to your left is a buddha statue flanked on one side by a picture of Merlin and on the other side by a drawing of a hooded man who I assume was an avatar of sorts -- (i.e., a being that certain New Age philosophies believe have superhuman qualities, this includes Jesus). Throughout the hall you find various idols and pictures of Jesus, angels, many Indian gurus, a large photo of Michael Jackson, photos of Derek and his wife as gurus themselves, and much much more. I found it cluttered and confusing, but that is just my perception, of course. I prefer a more simple meditation hall.

By no means did anyone apply any pressure to 'convert' us to the Prema Agni belief system that Derek has developed. It was VERY relaxed in that regard. But throughout the lodge were quite a few icons and idols of Derek himself, such as paperweights with Derek's face etched onto them. This gave me some pause and made me wonder if he is a cult figure, but 'the internet' shows he has helped many people, which is wonderful.

All in all, Creacon Lodge is quite well run by a lovely staff, but the mixture of religions/icons can be a bit overwhelming for some. For those looking for a more neutral meditative environment, Creacon Lodge is not it, in my opinion. For those intrigued by New Age philosophies, this IS it! I don't think you'll be disappointed!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Traveling309
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your sparkling review and we are glad you enjoyed your peaceful stay and our services. It is great to read that you found great value and personal benefit in your treatments as well. We strive to make everyone's visit relaxing and comfortable. Thank you for your honesty about our Meditation Hall and we welcome you to return when you need a recharge and to unwind.
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I partook in lunch today, purchased through Groupon. We both had potato & leek soup for starters which was beautiful and very well received on a very cold day. The ambience of Creacon is unique , very tranquil and the staff very welcoming and warm. We then had a toasted sandwich and bruschetta which were both very tasty. Highly recommend the peppermint tea made with mint grown at Creacon! Desserts too were divine - an apple & cinamon muffin and chocolate biscuit/cookie cheesecake. The whole experience was peaceful and lunch was divine. Highly recommend. We will definitely be returning. Thank you Jonathan and Marcela.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank sherimc84
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your rave review of Creacon's lunch. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed every course including our homegrown peppermint tea :) What is more exciting is that our new and improved cafe format is launching next week complete with more options, various salads, and a bounty of gourmet and homemade treats. Thanks again and we look forward to your return.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed here for two nights and it was just so relaxing! The staff are welcoming and very very friendly from the minute we arrived to the end the healing treatments were amazing! The house is so warm and cosy you just would not want to leave this place it's so full of love and energy can't wait to return again soon and would recommend it to everyone go there for the lovely experience!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Grace121
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you, Grace, for your stellar review and kind words of Creacon Lodge Wellnes Centre. It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to your return. Glad to hear you enjoyed everything!
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Ross
Granville Hotel
#2 of 12 in Waterford
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort

Been to Creacon Wellness Retreat? Share your experiences!