“Reliable and excellent”

Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in New Ross
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I don't get to the Nutshell as often as I'd like to but I'd never take a trip through New Ross without calling in for something to eat. I love the unusual breakfast options - toasted bagel with a mini spinach omelette on top was just delicious on my last visit but I've tried almost everything over the years. They make a super hot chocolate and the selection of cakes is just amazing. I like the fact that everything is made to order - it may take a little longer but I think it's worth it. If I wanted somewhere really fast I don't think I'd be going to a cafe that makes clear its organic and wholefood credentials! I'm surprised by some of the negative reviews on Tripadvisor as I've never found the owners and staff to be anything other than extremely pleasant.I've taken different friends there over the years and none of us have ever had a complaint. Personally I've never noticed the pricing to be other than fair - it's high quality food with good ingredients; it costs more. I, for one, am happy to pay it. An excellent and reliable place.

1  Thank DurrusWaterford

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very family unfriendly with no kids menu or half portions. Very rude host when questioned. Good food but way overpriced. Closed Mondays too!?

1  Thank nuttysoutheat
Reviewed October 30, 2012

A perfect place for lunch or a mid-day snack. The food was very good and the service friendly. Good value for the price.

1  Thank Claudia M
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I visited this yesterday afternoon following a walk around jFK Arboretum outside NewRoss. It had been recommended to me and my wife has eaten in some years ago.
We were both delighted with everything about the place and would definitely visit again.

1  Thank paddy015
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Management the problem, staff very nice and polite. would recommend the food also, but there is more to a restaurant than food. Hospitality goes along way.

6  Thank Caroline F