“Very Nice B&B”
Review of Inishross House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Ross
Inishross House
Ranked #2 of 8 New Ross B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great Value. Room was tidy, clean and warm - Free Wifi too. Breakfast was great, I was fed for the day. If you are staying in New Ross, it is definitely worth it. Lady of the house was very friendly too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Having stayed with my daughter we have booked to return again. When you walk through the door Bridget Doyle's welcome is so warm, friendly and kind. Our room/ensuite was immaculate, spotless & comfy especially with the little touches, (tea/coffee, water, biscuits, fridge, TV, hairdryer) The breakfast was amazing,the lovely home made smell was very welcoming and made you feel at home, it really set you up for the day. When you meet Bridget, you realize she has a heart of gold. The most helpful host I have ever come across. I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Our room on the front was so quite, no noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ellen_oconnor1
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recommend Inishross House without hesitation. The location is central, the rooms lovely and comfortable, the breakfast delicious and, best of all, Bridget Doyle and her son Mark are the most friendly, well-informed and helpful hosts one could ever hope for. They make you feel right at home.

Anne E

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Anne E
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We, being my 10 year old daughter and I, stayed at Inishross House for 1 night on Oct 12th, and after the awful experience of dealing with Europcar in Dublin, Bridgit and Mark restored our faith in Irish hospitality. The house is a gorgeous blend of old fashioned decor and warmth, literally and figuratively. Bridgit and Mark were so friendly and tried in every way possible to make our stay wonderful. The breakfast was delicious, and the home had a lovely, rosy smell. Our ensuite was just right and very clean, and my daughter was fascinated by the tiny fridge for creamers. I concur with previous reviews about not being misled by the google maps view of the street that inishross house is on...New Ross is a nice little town and we felt quite safe walking around at night. The Dunbrody Emigrant ship is very touching and well worth the visit. Thank you Bridget and Mark for the wonderful stay!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We recently stopped over in New Ross coming from Rosslare. We were lucky to get accommodation so late. The rooms are very spacious with lovely comfortable beds. The ensuite was clean.The owner is a lovely lady who informed me that the local community had recently got together to upgrade the street, painting etc. it did look well. We had a lovely breakfast. I would recommend if you like old style traditional irish, which we do!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sam K
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Ireland may be the country of a thousand welcomes but Inishross House is the B&B of TWO thousand welcomes. It is a gem and Bridget Doyle is without a doubt a national treasure - the kindest and most caring landlady you could ever find. She takes great care of her guests and nothing is too much trouble for her; given the hugeness of my suitcase, she even drove me to the bus-stop when I left. She also gave me a lift on one particularly drizzly day. Inishross House is delightfully old-fashioned with antique furniture and has the cosiest feel about it. The beds are extremely comfortable and the bedding is beautiful. The bathrooms are new and equipped with power showers and the most extraordinary selection of decorative toilet rolls! The Irish breakfast is incredibly tasty and there is also an excellent selection of cereals and marmalades. When I return to New Ross, I will stay again (and again) at Inishross House for the pleasure of a real welcome and Bridget's genuine warmth and sincerity... even better than a home from home! I cannot recommend it highly enough. You won't be disappointed.
However, if you are looking for a characterless corporate-style hotel, this is most definitely not for you.
A few words of caution: Please do not be put off by the surroundings if you are looking at Mary Street on Google StreetView. There are a few derelict shops and some very tired facades on seemingly abandoned buildings but Inishross House is really well-positioned just a few minutes from the town centre.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank AnonymousMonaco
Reviewed December 30, 2011

InishRoss is special. You will feel as though you have arrived back home to genuine warmth and fresh home cooked food. The breakfast consists a variety of freshly prepared [on site] breads, fruit salads and a cooked breakfast, to name but a few of the choices. You will be offered more of everything.
Bridgit is one of those rare people you meet. She oozes genuine warmth and sincerity and will do most anything to ensure your stay is comfortable. She welcomes children too.
Don't judge it by neighbouring buildings. New Ross has been hit by recession too.

• Stayed: July 2011
#1 of 1 in Ballinaboola
Glenbarry B&B
Glenbarry B&B
#1 of 8 in New Ross

Been to Inishross House? Share your experiences!