All reviewslittle toucheshome from homefresh fruit saladtraditional fryoutstanding hospitalitysecure parkingmini fridgecomfortable bedstown centrewi ficouldn't do enoughtea coffee making facilitiespleasure of stayingbreakfast was amazingb and bfollowing morninglocal pub
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We recently stopped over in New Ross coming from Rosslare. We were lucky to get accommodation so late. The rooms are very spacious with lovely comfortable beds. The ensuite was clean.The owner is a lovely lady who informed me that the local community had recently got together to upgrade the street, painting etc. it did look well. We had a lovely breakfast. I would recommend if you like old style traditional irish, which we do!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sam K
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Ireland may be the country of a thousand welcomes but Inishross House is the B&B of TWO thousand welcomes. It is a gem and Bridget Doyle is without a doubt a national treasure - the kindest and most caring landlady you could ever find. She takes great care of her guests and nothing is too much trouble for her; given the hugeness of my suitcase, she even drove me to the bus-stop when I left. She also gave me a lift on one particularly drizzly day. Inishross House is delightfully old-fashioned with antique furniture and has the cosiest feel about it. The beds are extremely comfortable and the bedding is beautiful. The bathrooms are new and equipped with power showers and the most extraordinary selection of decorative toilet rolls! The Irish breakfast is incredibly tasty and there is also an excellent selection of cereals and marmalades. When I return to New Ross, I will stay again (and again) at Inishross House for the pleasure of a real welcome and Bridget's genuine warmth and sincerity... even better than a home from home! I cannot recommend it highly enough. You won't be disappointed.
However, if you are looking for a characterless corporate-style hotel, this is most definitely not for you.
A few words of caution: Please do not be put off by the surroundings if you are looking at Mary Street on Google StreetView. There are a few derelict shops and some very tired facades on seemingly abandoned buildings but Inishross House is really well-positioned just a few minutes from the town centre.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank AnonymousMonaco
Reviewed December 30, 2011

InishRoss is special. You will feel as though you have arrived back home to genuine warmth and fresh home cooked food. The breakfast consists a variety of freshly prepared [on site] breads, fruit salads and a cooked breakfast, to name but a few of the choices. You will be offered more of everything.
Bridgit is one of those rare people you meet. She oozes genuine warmth and sincerity and will do most anything to ensure your stay is comfortable. She welcomes children too.
Don't judge it by neighbouring buildings. New Ross has been hit by recession too.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank windsor15
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I having been coming to stay at Inishross for about 6 years now and the one thing that never changes is the welcome. Bridget is a great hostess running the B&B like clockwork, even under pressure and Mark could'nt be more helpful. The house is always clean and tidy and smells lovely and freshly laundered. My daughter & I visit family there 4 or 5 times a year and Inishross is like a home from home for us, we always enjoy the comfy beds and delicious breakfasts. I've read all the reviews and honestly can't see how anyone could criticise the place. Perhaps the antique olde worlde decor does not appeal to everyone but I think it has a charm and cosiness which seems to be exclusive to few b&b's and smaller hotels. The house may be old but it is in pristine condition and was closed in April to all but regulars like myself whilst it was being refurbished and the new bathrooms are lovely. We last stayed in August and enjoyed a lovely meal at Phoenix House chinese restaurant which is across the road, down the hill from the b&b. There's a selection of restaurants and takeways close by within easy reach. Due a visit, hoping to stay soon again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Joanne M
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We stayed at the Inishross House during the recent Piano festival as it was conveniently located on the same street as our venue. First impressions were good, the house was decorated throughout with antique furniture and lots of colorful floral displays. We stayed in a double room which had all the usual facilities one would expect from a B&B; TV, wi-fi (signal could have been better but we were informed it is being worked on), tea & coffee facilities, etc whilst our ensuite was very clean and clinical. Breakfast was very satisfying, I had a full Irish whilst my partner opted for fresh fruit salad, cereal, yoghurts, etc. Staff were nice and the price was very reasonable.

Would certainly recommend.