All reviewslittle toucheshome from homefresh fruit saladtraditional fryoutstanding hospitalitysecure parkingmini fridgecomfortable bedstown centrewi ficouldn't do enoughtea coffee making facilitiespleasure of stayingbreakfast was amazingb and bfollowing morninglocal pub
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stayed in Inishross Guesthouse whilst attending the Tall Ships Race in Waterford and travelling around the south east coast. I had the best sleep of my life! The bed was so comfortable. The house is old but has character which I like. The room had an ensuite which was spotlessly clean. My family and I required no food till late afternoon due to the size and quality of breakfast- anyone who stays and declines breakfast is missing out!! Overall, if you like an old style traditional irish family run guesthouse you will love this place. It's home from home and if we are around Wexford again we will stay there.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Lmccauley
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I'm sure the two negative reviewers on here must have stayed at a different place. We were part of a group of Harley riders heading to a rally outside Waterford, and we were treated like royalty. The place is spotless, with secure parking for motorcycles, it's in the middle of town and very easy to find; Bridget welcomed us as though we were her own family.

Nothing was too much trouble, the beds extremely comfortable, and the shower room better equipped than many 4-star hotels, even a choice of patterns on the toilet paper!. It's fair to say that some might find the furniture slightly old-fashioned but I liked it; it was all in an excellent state of repair.
If you leave this place hungry, it's your own fault; breakfast was perfectly cooked, plenty of it and the dining-room is well appointed. The "full Irish" lives up to its name, with fresh fruit salad, cereals, toast and fresh bread (including soda bread) accompanying the fry-up. As much tea and coffee as you can drink too.

We have already booked for next year's rally and will be placing a link on our own website (www.hdrcgb.org.uk) recommending it to others.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Our stay at Inishross was the very first stop on our 23 day expedition of Ireland. While the decor was older fashioned and the bathroom was rather cramped and confusing, there wasn't much to dislike about the Inishross.

For starters, Bridget, is the sweetest lady and made sure we were well taken care of. The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was honestly incredible, the best we had while in Ireland. In the evening we had asked about St. Mary's Catherdral, since they were doing renovations and the gates were locked, and we really wanted to have a chance to look at it. That following morning, Bridget had contacted the people in charge of renovations and had convinced them to open it just for us. We got to tour the grounds before leaving town, and it was truly spectacular.

If making a stop in New Ross, Inishross House will provide you with a good bed, and great food before leaving for another day of adventure. And make sure you check out St. Mary's... if it's locked, just talk to Bridget :)

Pros: Hosts, Irish Breakfast, Comfortable Beds
Cons: Bathroom

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank cotysloan
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My Husbande and i stayed at Inishross House while visiting friends in the area. The house is full of charm with beautiful flowers everywhere. We were made very welcome and nothing was too much trouble for Brigette and her son to ensure our comfort. The rooms have all been newly decorated and we were given a key so we could come and go as we pleased. The breakfast served to us was top class and i will certainly never stay anywhere else in Wexford again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maree_Trim_Ireland
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I stayed here recently - as it was a dire emergency late one night - and I had to stay in the area overnight. The local hotel was booked out completely. I looked up Tripadvisor and thought Inishross House looked nice and the reviews were largely quite good. How wrong could I be? First impressions were 'RUN' - the place is at the top of a hill - where most of the neighbouring houses/businesses are boarded up (they look like they are burnt out). The car park is non existent. I could not park in the yard area behind it. I had to resort to parking on the road - which I was not happy about. I dont intend to go into too much detail criticising the place - as it is somebodys home also. Suffice it to say it is very old fashioned. I would say there hasnt been a thing done in the line of home improvements/decorating in the house in 40 years. I have never seen anything so dated anywhere. The house seems clean enough and the owner and her son are very hospitable and friendly. I didnt stay for breakfast.

The only reason I am reviewing this place is just to make tourists aware that the reviews are not accurate (well one of them is). I stayed here based on false reviews - and I regretted it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business