Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,132 results
All reviews relaxation room lovely grounds lick of paint bit dated full english venue
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2020

I attended the same charity ball in November. We were a group of over 180 people all there to enjoy a fun night and raise funds for two local charities. The tickets were not cheap and covered the cost of the food and drinks package. The service provided on the night when things started to go wrong is certainly not worthy of 4 stars. After much prompting and questioning we found out there was a problem with the ovens - this followed starters taking over an hour to be served and still after a further 2 hours no mains and no apology. The response on the night was to extend the bar opening where we could purchase more drinks and a couple of pizzas were supplied. How can a hotel not have a back up plan for when things go wrong? Disappointment is an understatement. Added to which even after the event the follow up and aftercare has been completely unprofessional and to date no refund has been offered. Definitely a case of not caring and not supporting your local community.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank KLFR143
Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

We attended a charity event here of which we paid a small fortune for the 'meal'. The starter eventually arrived which consisted of a slither of smoked salmon and wilting rocket. After a wait of over an hour the mains arrived for some of us, again rubber chicken, which was cold and inedible, not sure what accompanied it as we just left it all. Others didnt get any food at all. Apparently the ovens had broken! The management did not handle the situation at all, and we have never received an apology or an offer of our money back. I am going to ask directly. The charities have also lost out on a substantial amount of money, due to the mis- management of the Botley Grange. I'm not surprised they are under investigation.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

I attended a function in this hotel before Christmas and have just read that it's received the lowest possible food hygiene rating of 1 out of 5 following a local authority inspection. Thankfully I escaped unscathed. I cannot therefore recommend this hotel and shall in future be avoiding it myself.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank indetraveller
Reviewed December 15, 2019 via mobile

I attended a Christmas party here is 2017 and it was AMAZING! Food was fantastic, entertainment and service was wonderful so the same group of friends booked again for Christmas party in 2018.
We were extremely disappointed in the whole event. The food was undercooked, rock hard potatoes and Brussels sprouts, the meat tasted horrible. Puddings were warm and had been seen sat out in a room ready to be served hours before they were actually served. I don’t believe anyone in the whole place had an empty plate that evening. The service was non existent and the entertainment was nothing to write home about. The only thing that made the night fun was the the company!
Myself and my friends all complained to the Botleigh Grange hotel. Some never received a response at all. I did but had to email several times to get any response. A year on and the complaints have never been resolved.
NEVER EVER go to a Christmas party here. You will get better food and service at your local pub.

2  Thank Z4755UOhannahh
Reviewed December 12, 2019 via mobile

Last weekend my partner and I stayed here for a night so we could explore Southampton. It looks lovely on the outside and inside. Greeted by a nice receptionist, we were told where our room was. We booked a deluxe room but we were put into a smaller room with a very loud fan. My partner went down to the receptionist and asked, but she said our room was a deluxe room. However my partner asked a maid and she said our room wasn’t a deluxe and only a normal room. We were moved to a deluxe straight after without complaint. The new room was lovely, with a large comfortable bed, working TV, and a great shower. The breakfast however really wasn’t good. The English Breakfast was barely luke-warm, mushrooms we suspected were done in a microwave, didn’t seem like fresh food at all! I felt sorry for the 2 waitresses having to deal with the stress and complaints, I’ve been a waitress before so I know what they were going through.

Overall the place is good, and the staff are pleasant but it needs to improve their food quality. Wouldn’t go back for the breakfast.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank hannahjaneapps197