“Business overnight stay!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hedge End
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Business overnight stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was looking for a mid way over night stay between business meetings in Dorset and Brighton the following day and Botleigh Grange looked ideal from a location so handy for M27and I got a very good room rate, which was more than comparitive to a Premiere Inn. The drive up to the hotel was delightful and yes it looked a bit tired in parts, it had real character, which I like. Booking in was done in a pleasant and efficient manner. My room was spacious and well furnished in character with the building, the bathroom was larger than you would get in a motel type offering.
Dinner was was booked and again, very good menu and wine list which was not over the top priced. service was a bit slow between courses, but not enough to complain about. all courses were very well prepared and served. staff very polite.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DAVID P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I booked this based on some decent reviews, until seeing a more recent review after I had booked it, and I just knew it would be grotty. We arrived Saturday 17th, like all the other reveiws upon arrival it does look run down and dated. The room was extremely old fashioned, smelt old and the bathroom though was clean was totally dated, along with a horrible wooden toilet seat (AWFUL). The room was hot and I found sleeping was a bit of a problem, the bed was too soft and really not the best hotel I've ever stopped in.

They really need to sort themselves out as it's not as if the rooms are cheap either.

So I would not recommend stopping at this out dated grotty hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Hedge End hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

The hotel looks very impressive as you turn into the drive. As you get closer it is obvious that it is in need of renovation. As you enter the hotel you are greeted by a sign notifying you of the forthcoming renovations. The hotel has some fine period features. The grounds are well kept with two fishing lakes. Unfortunately the stone work around the grounds has started to crumble and has moved with time. This does not spoil your enjoyment of the grounds. Inside the hotel shows signs of age but is kept spotlessly clean. Our room was pleasant and kept very clean. Tea and coffee facilities were provided in the room. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We went as part of the Gourmet Package that they offer. We thought this was good value. The food in Hampshire's restaurant in the evening was excellent. My wife is a fussy eater but she was pleased with the quality of the food which was cooked to her taste. The menu had a very good choice and the service was extremely good. I was a little disappointed with the wine menu as I tend to like 'New World' wines. The bar was bright but still cosy. The only disappointment we had was that the cooked breakfast on the day we left was poor. If you are looking for a hotel with modern furnishings, then this not for you, but if you like period hotels and do not mind it a bit aged then it may be worth a try. We would certainly return. We did not use the spa facilities so I am unable to comment.

Room Tip: Book a room with a view of the garden and lakes.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to stay for one night at the hotel. After looking at the very nicely laid out website and looking at the pictures online we thought the hotel looked nice and was sure our stay would be pleasant. We decided to take advantage of the "couples cosy night in" package and called to make a reservation was asked if I wanted to upgrade to a 4 poster room and thought why not after all it's a treat. Driving up towards the hotel is when it all started to fall apart. The building looked old and decrepit with gaffa tape holding things in place. We were not even sure we had arrived at the right place as there was no sign. After checking in and not really being told anything we made our way to room 28 only to find the carpet coming up and the wallpaper coming off. The tv (which had signal problems) was balanced on a small table next to the bed, we took one look and couldn't figure out how we could have a cosy night in watching a film snuggled up together without giving ourselves a serious neck injury.

Onto the spa, we thought things would be ok after a relaxing swim so we headed down only to be told that the pool was full and could we "try again" in an hour!!! Why have a pool that can't accommodate all guests?

Heading back to the room we decided that enough was enough and it was time to leave I went to reception and explained everything (in the meantime the girlfriend is online trying to find an alternative place to stay) the duty manager came and spoke with me and didn't seem surprised this was how I felt. I explained we hadn't touched a thing and would be leaving without my card being charged he said that in this case he would do this and we left.

Very run down and not at all welcoming.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Darren C
Surrey, England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We intended to visit Botley grange as a special weekend away to celebrate my husbands big birthday. When booking and on arrival the staff were polite & attentive. Then it all went downhill. The pictures on the website are very different to what awaits you when you pull up into the car park. Likewise the photos of inside do not reflect reality.

Our luxury suite was dated, shabby and in need than more of a little tlc.

Needless to say we checked straight out without staying - they didn't even question this so are clearly use to this happening.

Our advice is to avoid Botley grange.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Ali K
Chichester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I took my friend here for a 50th birthday treat. It was a lovely sunny day so the view on arrival was impressive and the welcoming staff very warm. We went throught to the Spa area where the reception was a little stilted but the actual therapists were fabulous. After our treatment we enjoyed the pool and the tiny steam room. Whilst it was a good deal smaller thant others we have previously experience it was clean and comfprtable.

The grounds were delightful to walk around before having our afternoon tea. This was a very lovely treat with sandwiches and moist cake.

Overall we had a pleasant day but felt that the place could do with an overhaul to bring it up to competitor standards.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jacqui R
Royston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have to say we had a fantastic weekend. We arrived on the Saturday and our rooms were ready early, which is always a good start. Heading to the Spa for treatments which were fantastic. I don't think i have every been so relaxed.

The grounds of the hotel are very nice and the hotel it self is nice if not somewhat out dated. All i think it needs is a little TLC. The staff were all fantastic and the gourmet meal we had in the evening was amazing. A big thank you to Jade, Jade & Megan for making our stay a fantastic one. The little touches were much appreciated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Harbour Hotel
Grand Harbour Hotel
#19 of 24 in Southampton
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,653 reviews

Been to Botleigh Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!