I have just left this hotel after staying for four days whilst on business and I wanted to write a review having read some of the negative feedback that has been left. The first thing I would say is that if what you are looking for is an anonymous hotel room and all that comes with it, then this is not the place for you. The place has a very homely feel with extremely warm and genuine service. I was very impressed by how service was always with what appeared to be genuine rather than plastic smiles. No surly atitudes from anyone I encountered. I would remind everyone who visits to manage their expectations of fixtures and fittings etc in accordance with what this hotel costs. My impression was that if you make a reasonable request, the staff will do their best to meet it. That said, there is bags of character and a lovely terrace overlooking grounds where I strolled around a mini lake with ducklings who seem quite tame as they came up to me as I meandered around. Wonderful for photos for a wedding reception if you are getting married I think. There was also a lovely wooden panelled ante room with sofas for you to sit and read or have a drink in before you enter the dining room as well as the bar area leading onto the terrace. I did not eat a lot of food there but what I did was very good. There is a kettle and tea/coffee so you can have a drink in your room if you wish. I noted that I had no problems with morning wake up calls or the hotel booking taxis for me every morning which were always on time. All in all, a most enjoyable stay and a place that I would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Botleigh Grange Hotel & Spa is a beautiful country hotel with all the character you would expect from such a grand 17th century building whilst combining traditional ambience with modern facilities.Ideally situated amongst 14 acres of stunning gardens and grounds in Hampshire, this beautiful country house hotel offers you the warmest of welcomes whilst our dedicated staff strive to offer all our guests a level of service that will surprise you. The combination of great service and facilities such as our luxurious Spa, award winning restaurant and spacious bedrooms, including four poster bedrooms, makes Botleigh Grange Hotel the perfect choice for leisure or business (our conferencing facilities being the largest in the south), as well as being a great venue for weddings, with infinite opportunities for photographs in its stunning grounds, which include two lakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Botleigh Grange Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Botleigh Grange Hotel
- Legacy Botleigh Grange Southampton