“Superb!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Vegetarian and celiac friendly
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Took my mother and aunt and uncle there for lunch on a short visit to Waterford. None of us had been before but we left 4 clean plates-really delicious food beautifully presented , and charming service. I just wish I lived in Waterford so that I could eat there regularly. Waterfordians you don't know how lucky you are! Hope success doesn't change this place as it's perfect, bar one small quibble. ....the toilet needs sorting out guys!

10  Thank Makk28
There are newer reviews for Harlequin Cafe and Wine Bar

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was here for lunch. If I had nommed my way through the menu, I might have given it the full 5 stars. As it was, I couldn't fault it for a surprising find. If I'm back, I'll try it for dinner. Also, a nod in the direction of the staff - very good.

13  Thank MontyMullan
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Personally, I've shyed away from a lot of Italian restaurants in recent times as if I can make it at home as nice... why bother, visiting Waterford for an extended weekend we planned our eating plans, and thanks to Trip Advisor, chose Harlequin's.

Biggest surprise when we arrived was the small, unassuming size of the place - a tiny bistro. the chef at the side cooking on his own and the single waiter... no wonder they were surprised as our booking a month in advance...

The food was delicious, so much so I had to mention it half way thorugh the meal to the chef - this was melt in the mouth excellence - great wine selections too...

I don't think Waterford will be keeping this gem for long... to Dublin please!? But I feel the South may have a stronger pull.

Only negative, well... only 1 x dessert was left, which was gracefully shared.

Only our other plans, Good Friday and Easter Sunday prevented our return... Am I looking forward to Tuscany for my holiday this year... you better believe it!

15  Thank gerrymac32
Reviewed April 1, 2013

It was our first visit here food service atmosphere everything top notch . waiter very friendly an we will be back . We had starter and main both very good an fresh as we could see chef cooking in small open kitchen beside us .

15  Thank Andy B
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great food, great service, pleasant relaxed environment and very good prices sums up this authentic Italian cafe. We enjoyed it all, and will definitely return.

15  Thank S R