“A must when in Waterford”
Review of La Palma - CLOSED

La Palma
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2010

I really love La Palma on the Mall - I go here quite often being a Waterford girl myself, It's situated in a revamped Georgian building, the entrance hall has lovely marble floors, which bring you into the dining room.
The decor there is contemporary, typical of the building with high ceilings. Purple and lilac being the main wallpaper colours

On our last visit, I had the fish soup to start on the early bird - really tasty, my husband had grilled skewered prawns, he really enjoyed them.
For main course I had ribeye steak, it was decent enough, he hade the ravioli stuffed with chicken, absolutely delish and definately home made.
Icecream for me for dessert.

Can't wait till the next visit

Reviewed January 7, 2010

Disappointing considering this is a regular for many people in Waterford. La Palma was more style than substance, nicely decorated but really the food was average and expensive for what it was. My partners pasta came out stodgy, overcooked and stuck together like noodles - certainly not home made pasta, and not cooked well - surely a must for an Italian restaurant. Saying that the staff were pleasant and removed it from our bill.

Reviewed November 25, 2009

Availed of the early bird menu last saturday night with my wife, 4 courses for €25 & also had a bottle of house white wine at €20. Food, wine and service were excellent and great value for money. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed November 19, 2009

Me and my bf ate here on one of the nights while staying in Faithlegg, as the food was not great in the hotel - we had to venturte out.

This restaurant was AMAZING!!! Lovely ambience and top class customer service. I had the Prawn and Mussel Soup which was plentiful. Followed by pan fried chicken served with a red pepper and tomato sauce. Topped off by the creamiest creme brulee ever :) All for The staff are very friendly and the food was to die for.
All for 25.00. If you eat after 7 then its 30.00 Eur. Deffo worth a visit!!!

Reviewed March 4, 2009

Lovery restaurant for a cozy night out. Excellent bar with beautiful cocktails, always a great way to start your night. Friendly service very good food and not expensive. Starter portions are very good so don't overdo it!
Owners are there most nights I have visited and are very friendly people, well done.