“Great Experience”

Ranked #11 of 23 Waterford B&B and Inns
Granger, Indiana
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at the Barley Field for one night. The room had 3 beds for the 3 of us and we were comfortable with the size of the room. The bathroom was modern and had been updated. This is a very good value for the price. We especially liked the great meal that we had in the evening. Keith and his staff prepared a great dinner and their breakfast, the following morning was terrific, as well. We felt is was very central to the city and within easy walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ireland
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights here it is a great place to stay . On my check in I was greeted by very friendly staff who where more than happy to help me with anything I needed . I was also provided with details for parking ,my room key and a TV remote .

My room was on the 3rd floor and there is no lifts as the property was advertised as a Guest House I wasn't expecting there to be any .My Room was very clean and seemed to have recently been refurbished to a high standard and was spacious with an extremely comfortable bed .
The Barley Field is located about a 4 min walk to Waterford city centre .I would highly recommend to this anyone and I would stay again .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Athy, Ireland
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed in the Barley field on the 27/9/2013 for 2 nights . from the minute we arrived we were made welcome by the manager keith .our room was on the third floor which was not a problem , we were delighted with the room it was spotless the bed was very comfortable also we could not believe the power of the shower it was fantastic .
Before we went in to the town center we had a few drinks in the bar and i can tell you the Guinness was very tasty my wife asked for a light snack which the manager keith was very helpful.
The town center is a very short walk from the hotel when we arrived back at the hotel which was very late there was a hen night there and that added to the fun .everyone in the Barley field were very nice from customers to bar staff ... we slept very well no noise on both days we had breakfast which was outstanding everyone who traveled with me agreed .
Myself and my wife enjoyed our stay so much we have booked again to stay in november and we recommended the hotel to friends ...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We booked this hotel in part because of the relatively attractive photos and the reasonable prices.
Upon arriving we were greeted (or should I say NOT greeted by a rather unfriendly woman behind the desk. I was so put off by this woman's lack of hospitality that I was ready to leave. Only then did she start to warm up a bit.
As for the rooms. Dated and tired. The bathroom, however, was modern and renovated. We stayed on the third floor and there are no lifts to get you there. There was also no remote for the TV which rendered the TV inoperable. When I went down to the front desk (because there are no phones in the room) to see about getting a remote our friendly desk clerk was nowhere to be found. I walked around behind the desk and found myself in the pub. That's where I found our clerk, sitting at the bar. The bartender told me he would find me a remote but never did so we that was the end of that.
When we checked out the next morning there was a different clerk who was totally unconcerned as to how our stay was as he barely uttered a word.
The tariffs for this place are cheap but be prepared to get what you pay for...not much.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the lower floors as there is no lift in this hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Waterford hotels

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Pictures on tripadvisor look great and are a fairly good reflection of the hotel. Rooms have recently been refurbished very well and are spacious. Good breakfast, friendly staff. Downside is that it is above a pub although this is now only for members and residents, so never over busy. Dont take too much heed of the 'terrible' reviews, this is a very good value hotel..

Stayed September 2013
Maryborough, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed one night and it being a Friday night could understand if there was some noise being that the room was above a pub. upon arriving our booking was lost due to no fax paper, while this was being we were offered a free drink (beer). It tasted terrible and when checked the use by it was three months out of date. We went to be to be woken up at 2.30am by doors slamming, loud yelling, laughing and people banging on the walls. The went on for over an hour with no management taking action. Breakfast was the only bonus. Keith and Neil were very unhelpful in fact Neil was quite rude. Would not recommend this place.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else - don't stay here.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leanne B
Ardglass, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I would say that the barleyfield is the place to stay if u going to visit waterford me and my wife stayed 3 nights from the 5th to 8th of sept and the service from all the staff was exellent the rooms are very clean and the food was very good will be going back again soon.

• Stayed September 2013