Fitzwilton Hotel
Waterford Marina Hotel(Waterford)(Great Value!)
$129
$191
$168
$153
$125
$141
$357
Dooley's Hotel Waterford(Waterford)(Great Value!)
$122
$82
Woodlands Hotel(Waterford)
$81
1,472 results
All reviewsthe penthousethe hotel car parklovely hotelcourse mealhen partybar foodcity centreself servicefrom start to finishweekend breaka lovely stayfood was lovelywould highly recommend this hotelbar staffenjoyable stayboth nightstop class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Stayed at this hotel on a thurday night, I really don't know how they got four stars and I'd question if it truely is. Staff were very nice, however services was very slow and the food in the bar certainly weasn't worth the wait or the price. Rooms on the small side and very dirty, but I suppose when you are paying €50 for a room you shouldn't expect the room to be cleaned. Very noisey, noise coming from everyside.

I know you might be drawn in by the cheap price but to be honest stay in another hotel, you will not sleep in this place.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2011

Hi tohellor,

sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay at the Fitzwilton Hotel, but I am delighted you got to avail of one of our unique special offers and also that you found our staff friendly. I am also disspointed to hear you found your room small and dirty? You stayed with us one night, therefore your room would have been cleaned prior to your arrival and not again until you departed next day unless requested by you - so had it been dirty/unclened when you arrived, we would have gladly relocated you had you made us aware of this. However, in defense, we do strive to over achieve on the 4 star standards required of our property and I can assure you all rooms are cleaned thoroughly prior to guests check in. You mention that you would not expect a room to be cleaned when you pay €50 for it, however, I dissagree, if you pay €1 for a room it should be thoroughly cleaned, we do not deviate services based on the prices paid for them.

Again, I would sincerely like to thank you for your comments, and I will endevour to pass them to the relevant departments to make right the wrongs you experienced during your stay at the 4* Fitzwilton in Waterford City.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed January 11, 2011

A really lovely hotel which I actually happened to find on Facebook of all places. Found the car park no problem it is very small though and spaces are quite tight so probably not the best if you drive a big car!

Check in was great, nice quick and friendly. Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the street which is what I expected anyway because of the location.

Everything you needed was in the room. It was decorated to a high standard and was a huge room.

We went to the Bar for a couple of drinks where I was surprised that there was only us and other couple in the Bar for a Sunday Night at 10pm! It didn't get any busier which was ok but to be honest I expected more. Even a bit of music would have been nice but it was just the television noise. The guy working in the bar was very nice and polite and drinks were good!!

The Hotel is FAB and probably will travel there again BUT the noise is terrible in the rooms! We were on the 4th floor but there is obviously no double glazing because the noise was actually that bad from passing traffic that I felt I was sleeping on the Street!

Even some party revellers going late home could be heard as clear as day!! So really no sleep was had as the hotel is located on a busy road!

The beds are also quite hard which didn't make sleeping any easier!

Like I said I will go aback again but I will be asking for a room at the back of the hotel!

1  Thank JustATip

Hello our Wexford friend,

Thank you for taking the time to write these comments on your stay with us. I am delighted your check in and room were to your satisfaction. Sunday nights in Hotel bars I am afraid tend to be pretty quiet at this time of year – but again, I am delighted to see the service and drinks were to your satisfaction. In addition, there is no problem at all allocation you a room to the rear of the property on your next stay.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2011

got a great value break and so for the price we paid everything was acceptable. Small issues like asking for safe to be opened or needing a bulb for the room took at least 48 hrs to fix. Car parking is terrible, small spaces, badly lit areas and cars parking in the disabled spaces displaying no approriate signs.
Bar food only acceptable and service not great but had meal on one night in restaurant excellent food will visit again.
All in all great location could walk everywhere and with extra service could be a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank helenlaois

Hi Helen,

Thank you for your comments. First all my apologies that it took over 48 hours for your safe to be opened, this is unacceptable on our part. As mentioned before car parking is limited to 45 + spaces. However, it is quiet a rarity to have free on site parking in a city centre hotel, but I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our wonderful restaurant food and the splendours of our city centre location. Most of all, that you will visit us again so we hope to see you soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2011

Anyone that has read other reviews will know that people in general are not impressed with the car park, and their reviews are accurate. Dont bother with the hotel car park, go up the road slightly and you will find a multistory car park that the hotel subsidise. There is plenty of room and less chance of scraping your car trying to squeeze it in!

Check in was quick and efficient, with pleasant staff. We were up on the 4th floor. The room was only ok. It was small, and was a little shabby but to be honest, fine for the money we were paying (facebook special offer)

The bathroom was nice and roomy apart from a musty smell that permeated the room. We were heading out so we opened the window so that helped with this. The source of the smell seemed to come from the shower curtain. Small things like badly fitted shower head holder and door handles were a let down, everything seemed "loose". Lots of hot water though and good water pressure.

The bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. However We found the walls seemed to be very thin. Next doors television could be heard clearly and we finally got to sleep at 2am. The next night we had a repeat of the night before with the noise from the next room, so we didnt get much sleep.

We had breakfast on one morning, this was fine, not a huge selection but hot and tasty. We didn't eat in the restaurant or bar but we did have a drink, and it was fine.

On checkout I explained the few points that I had encountered (smelly shower curtain and dodgy lock that meant we were locked in briefly on more than one occasion) to the staff behind the desk who I felt took them seriously and said that they would look into them, and thanked us for bring this to their attention. They did say that we should have rang down to reception over the noise levels and to be fair to them this is true, but I felt it was more down to the thin walls that the other guests being deliberately loud.

All in all it was an ok stay, I personally wouldn't rate this hotel as a 4 star, small things let it down such as shabbiness of the room decor and smallish room. There was a poor amount of toiletries and towels for two guests. The lack of a decent car park is a downside as well.

Would I recommend this hotel? If you got a very good deal and you aren't a light sleeper!

1  Thank Minidriver75

Hi Mini driver,

I am sorry to hear you found it difficult to park your car. I would not advise however that people avoid our free onsite carpark. We have space for 45 cars which at peak times, does get crowded and alternative parking arrangements as you suggest are available.
I am also sorry to hear you found the room small and shabby. We pride ourselves on not only being the newest hotel in Waterford but also the only 4* hotel which means our hotel rooms are amongst the largest and in the city.
I have passed on your comments regarding the loose fittings and greatly apologies for any inconvenience these may have caused during your stay.
I am delighted you found your bed and room comfortable, had we been aware you were being disturbed, we would have been happy to move you to an alternative room immediatley.
Again, we replenish our rooms daily so had you been out of any toiletries outside of these periods, had we been notified we would have helped you immediatley.

It's a pity you did not get to enjoy our restaurant or bar food during your stay.

I am sorry to hear you only found your stay ok but am delighted to see you got to avail of our very special reduced rate on facebook.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Fitzwilton Hotel.

We hope to see you again soon?

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2011

Of the four hotels we stayed at in Ireland over Christmas, I was pleasantly surprised this was our favourite. Easy to find, on-site parking, excellent value to include breakfast, great location, clean, large, modern, well equipped room. Couldn't really fault it! Would definitely recommend a stay here, excellent value. We didn't dine in the restaurant, but there was a fantastic offer for dinner - approx. 50 euros for 2 people, 3 courses including a bottle of wine!

1  Thank DINKYBoyandGirl