Fitzwilton Hotel
Waterford Marina Hotel(Waterford)(Great Value!)
$129
$191
$168
$153
$125
$141
$357
Dooley's Hotel Waterford(Waterford)(Great Value!)
$122
$82
Woodlands Hotel(Waterford)
$81
1,472 results
All reviewsthe penthousethe hotel car parklovely hotelcourse mealhen partybar foodcity centreself servicefrom start to finishweekend breaka lovely stayfood was lovelywould highly recommend this hotelbar staffenjoyable stayboth nightstop class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Good location. A few minute walk from the train station. Checked in quickly. Spacious room for our girlie weekend! Only negative thing was the heat of the room at night time! Reception gave us their fan which helped the second night though. Good value and would go back!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Operations2, Manager at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fitzwilton Hotel Waterford on tripadvisor.

I was glad to hear that our reception team provided you with a quick and effective check in.

I hope you enjoyed your weekend in Waterford, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed in this hotel last weekend for 2 nights. Nicely situated only 5 mins from both train and bus station. Parking wasn't great but we were lucky to get a space. The hotel itself is very modern and the room wasn't bad for the money we paid. Not quite 4 star but it was ok. Rooms are very warm and corridors very hot. Shower was a nuisance and kept turning cold. The hotel itself isn't very noisy but we were woke up on our first morning by a loud lady with a prominent English accent. It seemed like she was shouting at cleaning staff in the corridors. Obviously this worker had no respect for her fellow workers or the residents asleep. Breakfast was lovely and the full irish hot buffet was delicious. The staff weren't very friendly and we were left waiting until we realised ourselves it was self service. We went to the bar for lunch and some drinks and were greeted by a very friendly barmaid Adele who helped us choose our food and took care of us with table service for the afternoon. She gave us directions for shops clubs etc and nothing we asked her seemed to be a problem. And her cocktails were extremely delicious too. All in all our stay in this hotel was a good one and both the great girls on reception and the lovely Adele in the bar would entice us to return.

• Stayed: June 2014
Operations2, Manager at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fitzwilton Hotel on tripadvisor.

Let me start by saying I was pleased to see that you enjoyed our breakfast selection, and that you found it be "delicious". You have my apologies that the breakfast team did not clearly explain to you that the breakfast buffet was self service.

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our bar staff, I have passed these onto Edel who very much appreciates them.

I would like to offer our sincerest apologies that you found yourself to be woken, on your first morning by someone in the corridor outside your room. I have checked with all staff that were on site that morning, and I can assure you that we had no one with a "strong English accent" working at that time. I can only assume that it was another customer talking to a member of the housekeeping team.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

From start to finish. From the check in procedure to the check out no problem. Am a critic regarding customer service as deal in same. Reception supervisor 100%. Had bar food service fantastic. Fish and chips yum. And as for the girl behind the bar excellent customer service. Best nights sleep rooms spotless. Excellent training will be back and very recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank frantheman2016

I was very glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience when staying with us recently.

I have passed on your kind comments to all members of staff concerned. We are very proud of the team of staff that we have here at the Fitzwilton, and It is very much appreciated when our customers observe the high level of service we aim to provide.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilton Hotel Waterford in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed at the Fitzwilton for one night while on an organized tour. Its on the main street, close to restaurants.

If the weather is good, stroll along the water. Breakfast was very good

Rooms are comfortable and ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stan S
Operations2, Manager at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

I was very glad to hear that you availed of our locally sourced breakfast selection.

I hope that you enjoyed your time in Waterford City, and that you went on to savour the rest of your time in Ireland.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed here on a dinner, bed and breakfast package over the weekend with a group of friends and certainly was not bowled over by the overall experience!! Receptionists were friendly & check-in was quick and efficient.The bedrooms are clean and spacious however, the lift taking you there was a little dodgy to say the least! We ate lunch in the bar the afternoon we arrived and the service was extremely slow - two of the toasted sandwiches came out burnt to a crisp, so much so that we couldn't even eat them.

We then ate in the restaurant that evening and again, service was very slow. When our food order was finally taken, nobody appeared to ask about drinks order (which should have been taken first!) so when I finally managed to track the waitress down she told me that we would have to go to the bar to order our drinks as they were too busy and understaffed!!!!! Not something you would expect in the restaurant of a 3 star hotel let alone a four star. The food was delicious from starter all the way to desserts however they managed to forget one of our groups orders and did not bring her food until the rest of us had finished eating our main course (this girl also happened to be 6 months pregnant)

Of course I understand that mistakes happen but I felt given the overall experience of the day that I should bring it quietly to a managers attention but the response I got was one of extreme disinterest. I received a half-hearted apology which involved this man looking awkwardly in the other direction!!! The same manager was on duty the next morning and another lady was complaining about food she had the previous night, he gave her the same response as I received. In a management position, surely one of the first aspects you are trained on is customer service? This particular manager definitely needs a couple of sessions in this area, I would not be writing this review if he had dealt with the issue in a more comprehensive manner.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends