“A bit disappointing for a 4*”
Review of Fitzwilton Hotel

Fitzwilton Hotel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Room : some tv stations were fuzzy. Very small bath , shower was a let down poor pressure some of the shower head blocked, room just very hot tossing and turning all night. There was also a large hole in the duvet cover no air conditioning quite noisy outside when opening window, cold in restaurant. Waitress very uncertain about things i.e if kitchen was still open at 8pm and after ordering saying the main course I had ordered was not available. Food was very good. Main bar area was freezing cold when myself and my partner went in for a few drinks. Breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2014
jeffd2009, Manager at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fitzwilton Hotel Waterford on tripadvisor.

I apologize that your stay with us did not live up to expectations. I have checked our TV channels personally and all of our TV channels appear to be tuned in correctly. Just to insure that is accurate we have also completed a scheduled re tune of all our hotels TV screens. If this situation had been brought to our attention whilst you were staying with us we could have had it solved for you then.

I am sorry that you found your bedrooms temperature to be un-comfortable. All of our heating systems are fully automated, but we can of course adjust this to suit our guests. We also have portable fans available for guests when requested.

To clarify your comment regarding the bed linen, all our linen is washed and supplied by an outside company. The duvet covers themselves are supplied with small access holes at the top ends of the covers. This allows our housekeeping staff to change the covers with having minimal contact with the cover itself.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I might be a bit late in posting this but better late than never.
I had my hen weekend here last year and I honestly don't think the staff could have done more for us. The food in the bar and resturant was fantastic as was the service, the rooms were lovely and clean. We got caught in the rain on the way back to the hotel one of the nights and the staff got all the hens heated towels and put some music on for us in the residents bar for us to finish off our night which gave us some of the best memories and photos of the weekend! We felt really welcome and we will definitely be back down for a girls weekend soon.
Thank you to all the staff for looking after us so well!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on the Fitzwilton Hotel Waterford.

I was very glad to hear that you had such a great stay with us whilst in Waterford for your hen night last year.

We are very proud of the team of staff that we have here at the hotel, and i am glad to see that they provided your hen party with such an enjoyable stay. I passed all of your very kind comments onto the relevant departments regarding both the food and the service you received.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming both yourself and your husband back in the Fitzwilton Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed in this hotel recently, staff are very helpful, especially the typical "Irish Colleen", Linda on reception. Nothing I asked was a problem!. ( lovely red hair and freckles ). I'd stay in this hotel on my next visit to Waterford.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fitzwilton Hotel Waterford on Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and that our staff made a lasting positive impression on you. I have passed on your kind comments to Linda.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilton Hotel Waterford in the near future.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The service at this hotel is very poor. On reflection I have called the hotel to air out my various grievances during my stay over two weeks ago, I was assured the manager would call me to discuss the VARIOUS issues, I'm still waiting on the call...... Says it all really.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Honestly28
jeffd2009, Manager at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I can assure you that we take all "various grievances" very seriously here at the Fitzwilton Hotel Waterford. If you want to email me directly at dsaville@fitzwiltonhotel.ie, to discuss the situation in more detail I would be happy to help in any way possible. Our procedures regarding un-satisfactory stays are very strict, and i can assure you if we receive any information from either past or present clients we act upon this.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Lovely friendly and helpful staff but the room was just not up to 4 star standard. The overall look of the hotel decor was a bit tired and in need of a lick of paint. We found mould and some random stains on the curtains in our room and holes in the duvet cover. There were broken tiles on the bathroom floor and in the shower cubicle. The walls of the bedroom also seemed to be quite thin and we could hear the television and talk from the room next door.
These are just a few things that we thought should be looked at. Otherwise it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eilser

Hello Eilser,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fitzwilton Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our team here at the Fitzwilton. I am surprised that you found the hotels decor to be "a bit tired", as we underwent a full upgrading of all our ground floor public areas in the last 12 months.

If you wouldn't mind contacting me on dsaville@fitzwiltonhotel.ie to discuss your stay with us in further detail.

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Second time staying here and cant complain. Nice hotel, lovely friendly staff and very central. Parking is an issue but we luckily got a space. Room was road facing which was a bit noisy but not a major issue! It was clean, spacious and had everything we needed. They have a lovely bar and the breakfast is quality. I would certainly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Waterford as it is keenly priced. Location is very handy for the bus and train.

• Stayed: February 2014
jeffd2009, Manager at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fitzwilton Hotel Waterford on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted your enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your lovely comments about our food & staff. I am glad you managed to get a space in our on site parking facility.

Please do mention about a room at the rear of the hotel when booking with us in the future and it will be our pleasure to accommodate you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We went to the Fitzwilton for the long weekend . had a great time , the hotel is fantastic , Linda at the front desk could not have been more helpful , a lovely girl , the rooms were very comfy clean and everything you would need in them . we had dinner in the restaurant last night and the man and woman that served us were fantastic . Sorry i forgot to get there names but they were in there 20s , nothing was to much for them and the food was beautiful . hope to be back soon, thank you fitzwilton for making our stay so enjoyable . Hilary

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple