“Lovely hotel would go back again”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fitzwilton Hotel

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
County Kilkenny, Ireland
“Lovely hotel would go back again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Lovely hotel with lovely staff , hotel is really close to the town centre and it has a good location for people who are travelling to the city and i would def go back again plus the breakfast was really good too and the rooms are clean and modern with plenty of space :)

• Stayed June 2013
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Fitzwilton Hotel. It is great to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and in particular your spacious room and really good breakfast. I am delighted also to see that you will definitely be back to visit us again.
Thank you once again for your kind words.

Fitzwilton Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Polish first
Knutsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel has a four star rating, but it does not come up to that standard in our opinion. The hotel is entirely adequate but our room was a bit shabby, and the colour schemes are vivid to say the least, and it had a nylon shower curtain around the bath which is not four star standard.
The dinner was adequte but the breakfast was good; the bar area was good and the staff were all very helpful. The parking was also good which was important for us.

Room Tip: We had a room at the rear of the hotel which was quiet, the ones on the street side we were told wer...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patricia W
Hi Patricia,

thank you for your review. We were delighted to host you and all of your wonderful cars recently at the Fitzwilton Hotel. I am sorry to read that certain aspects of your stay did not live up to your expectations. Thank you for your kind words relating to our food and friendly staff and I am happy to see that Parking was also adequate. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience at the Fitzwilton Hotel. We hope to welcome you and your colleagues again soon.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Clean modern rooms , friendly helpful staff , central location , really enjoyed our stay there .. Came for one night - stayed for three !!! And an amazing breakfast - complete works .. What more could you ask for :-)

• Stayed July 2013
Hello Reviewer,

Thank you for your very kind comments - I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay from our friendly staff right through to your amazing breakfast. More importantly, I am delighted to see you were able to stay with us a little longer than planned and I will be happy to pass your very kind words to all the team at the Fitzwilton. Thank you once again for taking the time to review your visit and we hope to see you again soon.

Fitzwilton Hotel Waterford
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable beds, good sized room. Friendly staff at reception who was more than helpful recommending things to see in Ireland and how to get there. Breakfast was amazing! Couldn't get Internet in our room so had to sit outside the room to organise the rest of our trip. Other than that small detail, very nice.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and will happily pass your comments on our amazing breakfast to the kitchen team. I will also inform reception of your kind words related to their friendliness and helpfulness, thank you again. I am sorry to read the wi-fi dropped out as we have just invested heavily in a new system throughout the property. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you once again for taking the time to write and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Waterford and Ireland.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night during the day tripper festival in Waterford. Parking was a breeze no problems finding a space the staff were more than helpful and very friendly. Although check in wasn't until 3 we were allowed to check in at 2 by making a simple phone call. Although we didn't really spend much time in the hotel itself there seamed to bit a vibrant friendly atmosphere about the place. The rooms were very clean and breakfast the next morning was top notch and plenty of everything. All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hello reviewer,

Thank you for your very kind review. I am delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay with us and I hope you enjoyed the festival too? I am happy to read you were able to avail of our free on site parking and enjoyed your breakfast too. I will pass your kind words to our friendly and helpful team also. Thank you for your recommendations, they are greatly appreciated.

Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have stayed at the Fitzwilton on a few occasions and have always been more than satisfied. I especially like the location. Just a short walk along the quay will bring you into the city centre. The staff are very welcoming and helpful. Rooms are clean and modern. I didn't eat in the restaurant but the bar food is delicious and there is something to satisfy every palate. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hi reviewer,

thank you for your kinds words. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your return visit to the Fitzwilton Hotel. I will be more than happy to pass your compliments regarding our delicious bar food to the chef also. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience at the Fitzwilton. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was my first time staying in the Fitzwilton Hotel but will certainly not be my last! I cannot speak highly enough of the hotel, The staff in particular were extremely helpful and pleasant., from every staff member I came across having a smile on their face to greet you to recommending places to see around the city. They made myself and my girlfriend feel like they cared we had chosen their hotel to stay in and also that we had a good time both in the hotel and when visiting their city. I found it a refreshing experience from the usual "just another person staying here" attitude you often come across in large hotels. The hotel itself is immaculate from the reception to the rooms and is superbly located with resident parking facility. You are only a few minutes walk away from the centre for shops and bars so no need to keep moving your car around. I would strongly recommend anyone staying in Waterford to stay at the Fitzwilton, We stayed there 2 nights, had drinks in the bar, 2 lunches and one dinner and not even one fault! a great hotel all around -Bryan Carty

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Bryan C,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your visit to Waterford and stay at the Fitzwilton Hotel. Thank you for your very kind words in relation to our friendly and helpful staff of which I will be happy to pass your sentiments on. I am pleased your expectations were met and exceeded on all aspects of your stay. We look very much forward to welcoming you and your girlfriend again soon.