“Outstanding Staff and Service - Nice hotel”
Review of Fitzwilton Hotel

Fitzwilton Hotel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed for two nights whilst on business in Waterford, all staff were very helpful and knowledgeable a credit to the Fitzwilton. The Hotel is tastefully decorated and rooms large and well fitted out. Breakfast had very good quality selection on buffet and both bar and restaurant meals nice. I left a shirt in my room upon departure and upon realising this contacted them and they posted on to me without hesitation, they really do have 5 star customer commitment

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Gavin H
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your glowing review of your recent visit to the Fitzwilton Hotel. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be more than happy to pass your kind words to all staff concerned. In addition, I will pass your kind words to the kitchen team regarding the wonderful food for breakfast, bar and dinner. Customer commitment/service is number one on our list of priorities at the Fitzwilton Hotel and I am truly delighted to see you experience this first hand.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Fitzwilton Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Nice hotel , probably more a good 3 star than 4. Whole team were very friendly. My room was modern and clean with a comfortable bed.

Evening meal nice with prompt room service and tasted very fresh. I didn't Have time for breakfast but the porter kindly provided me with a great breakfast to go - much needed

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Manchester980

Hello Manchester980,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Fitzwilton Hotel. I am delighted to see as with many other reviewers you found our staff to be very friendly and am also happy to see you were satisfied with your room and facilities.

Thank you for dining in Restaurant Chez - K's and experiencing the great food and service. Gladly, you did not have to entirely miss breakfast next morning and I will pass your kind words to our porter who looked after your needs.

We hope to welcome you to the Fitzwilton Hotel again soon,

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was really looking forward to my stay in the Fitzwilton Hotel. I had checked out their website and the hotel looked lovely. Unfortunately I came away extremely disappointed.
The staff on check in and check out where lovely however the staff serving breakfast where rude and unenthusiastic to help. The breakfast was definitely not worth the price, there was no milk out, no butter, no cutlery and the layout of the hot food was particularly bad with staff barging through a 2 way door with hot trays of food and knocking into people who where queuing. There was a very small choice of food and anyone could've easily have walked in and ate as there was no one checking room numbers.
The rooms where small but clean enough however the mirror was missing off the wall-a must when it's a girly weekend!! The shower was dirty and the shower curtain was mouldy as it was plastic...glass door would be much better.

Above might sound a bit finicky but when its your 1st night away with the girls after having a baby you just want to enjoy every minute.

Would be very reluctant to return and don't think I'll be recommending this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank LittleMissSmiley

Dear reviewer,

I am sorry to see you did not enjoy your stay with us on your recent visit to Waterford City. I will happily pass your kind words to our receptionists however. I am surprised to see you found the waiting staff rude as you can see form all previous reviews they are highly praised for their friendliness. I am also to see you found there to be little choice at breakfast as we offer a full hot breakfast buffet, plus breads, yoghurts, fresh fruit etc..

I am sorry to see you will not be returning or recommending us to your colleagues.

Thanks for taking the time to give us this feedback as it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Keen for a night away, we thought we would have a family night away in Waterford. I have no idea how this hotel has ended up on any "Hippest" list, as its a fairly typical 3 star hotel, similar to the likes of Jurys Inn. Nothing hip about it! However the staff were friendly, the cribs etc that were set up for our 3 year old and new born was exactly what we had pre-arranged (something that is so very basic but hotel still seem to find so hard to accomplish) and our room was big enough to comfortably fit the whole family.

We didn't eat or drink here, but the bar looked comfortably busy on a Saturday night.

I'm not sure we will have a need to stay in Waterford again, but if we did find ourselves here again, then I would be more than happy to stay at the Fitzwilton.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PenfoldMumbai

Hi reviewer,

thank you for taking the time to write. I am delighted to see you found your room and facilities large and comfortable for your family and also that your crib was set up as requested and expected.I am sorry to see you did not get to eat or drink in the Hotels Met Bar or Restaurant Chez - K's during your visit.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience and hopefully you will get to visit Waterford City again very soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Having recently stayed here for a two night "Warning Break" I would suggest the warning means don' bother!! On check-in I was requested to pay in full, even though we hadn't even seen the room at that stage. Our break included a bar meal on one night which was very dissapointing, no choice and poor service, on the positive side breakfast was quite good.
If the hotel is going to advertise itself as 4* it has a lot of work to do, during our stay, one or other of the lifts were out of order all the time, the bedroom was dark and dreary with filthy windows and very worn net curtains, the carpets throughout were worn and dirty, and the whole hotel needs a paint job. The website is very flattering!! We wont be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pfi513
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had read the reviews on various sites and while it was just a 'one night' stay I wanted something very satisfactory. Four star it isn't. If you're going with the wooden table top, sink surround etc, at least sand the surface regularly to remove water stains and general wear and tear. Food wise, I had anticipated being impressed. The 10 oz steak at a pricey 19euro was just average, cooked medium rare as requested but the fat rind hadn't been caramelised-basic faux pas!! The @handcut' fries were barely on the acceptable side of cooked and given that the roasted tomatoes and deep-fried onions were the only accompaniments, three small slices of the latter and four cherry tomatoes didn't exactly overwhelm my appetite. The 'French Apple Tart' a sliver, at 4.95 and didn't come warm, as I had requested. However breakfast was the biggest letdown. A very shoddy selection of fruit, no jams or marmalades on the table and as for the 'hot buffet', tepid would be a charitable description. Baby sauteed potatoes which were not remotely crisp and reeked of 're-heating': mushrooms swimming in liquid and as for the bacon, extremely anaemic and unappealing. The bedroom was fine but the remote control for the tv wasn't fully operational, the volume function was unresponsive. The ensuite didn't measure up either. The absence of a face flannel, shower cap and the fact that one couldn't but think that the hand towels had long since passed their 'fluffiness' all meant that this wasn't an experience I'd be in a hurry to repeat.I've had better experiences in 3 star places.

Room Tip: Don't bother