Fitzwilton Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as a corporate and was very impressed with room,level of service and especially the restaurant and friendly staff.looking forward to staying again.The only downside was the lack of parking but I was able to find on street parking which was fine.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Piscesblue
Write a ReviewReviews (1,434)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Very disappointing. Fire alarm went off falsely during the night and woke many guests from their sleep. In the morning, the hotel didn't even acknowledge the inconvenience. In addition, there is very, very limited parking in the hotel which results in on-street parking (worrying in a city). Just not good enough for a 4 star hotel in my view.

1  Thank Secretreviewer763
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Hi Martina,

thank you for your review. I apologise the alarm went off at 12:30am on the 25th September. Though it was only for 2 minutes I do understand how this would upset your sleep. Obviously, our guests safety is very important to us and fire alarms are installed for this reason. I am left confused that you say you were not acknowledged for your inconvenience as in your emails to me, you clearly stated the lady on the desk was most friendly and corteous about the situation. I am sorry to see your views on this have changed. We do also notify all guests prior to their arrival that free parking is limited at key periods. Secure paid parking is available on the quay and so street side parking does not have to be your second option.

Thanks again for taking the time to review your stay,

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Fitzwilton hotel is a very modern nice hotel. The hotel offers great services and a great view of the river . Although this is all nice and fancy there was a burglary that occurred during the night as I was asleep with my family apart from my father . My father had gone to the bar to meet up with friends and have a couple of drinks. As my father was gone my mother who is a very light sleeper heard somebody come into the bedroom. She knew it was not my father as she checked the time after the person had left the room anyway . she hear somebody enter although she stayed where she was quietly while I was still asleep. In the morning I woke up to see my father and mother searching desperately for something . she was looking for her handbag which was taken by the person who came into the room . she rang the guards and told them the story . a few weeks later she got a call from the police saying that 8 more handbags had gone missing and they were suspecting that it was one of the staff members which the main swipe key .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Yasmine O
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Hi Jasmine,

thank you for your post regarding your visit last July. I am very sorry to hear what happened to you and your parents. It was actually the hotel who called the police immediatley to have this awful matter resolved for which we are deeply sorry and had no control over. I have to say in this instance there was not 8 handbags robbed and I doubt very much the local guardai would firstly call you with this information and secondly, falsley accuse a member of our staff without any proof of who was in your room. I appreciate the fact the handbag was stolen for which we greatly apologise however elaborating the story helps nobody. PLease feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss.

Kind Regards,

Sales Manager

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I alongside two other bridesmaids were organising a hen for 30 odd people and the hotel were very helpful and accommodating before we arrived, but once we were there they went above and beyond their call of duty, reception , housekeeping everything and everybody, the food was delicious, the waiting staff were great but danny in the restaurant ( do not know surname ) went above and beyond to organise our clubbing activities and could noo have been more helpful in getting the best deal possible for us whn we arrived, true gent. I hand on my heart cannot praise this hotel enpough and will always recommend people go to waterford and 100% stay with the fitzwilton...and give danny a pay rise!

Room Tip: No tips all excellent
1  Thank Jenn R

Thank you kindly Jenn for your review.

We are all delighted you and your colleagues had a lovely stay at the Fitzwilton and enjoyed your visit to Waterford city. I am also happy to see your dining experience was delicious. I will be more than satisfied to pass your very kind words on to all of the team - especially Danny.
Thank you and your colleagues once again for taking the time to write. We sincerely hope we get to welcome you all again very soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Arrived at the hotel on the Saturday during the Waterford Harvest Festival, for a one night stay with husband and 2 kids. Booking in was smooth, our family room on the second floor had floor-ceiling windows overlooking the river, bright, airy room, spotlessly clean. Plenty of toileteries in the bathroom, brilliant shower. Beds some of the most comfortable we've ever slept in. Also, no noise from the street below. The staff were all friendly, helpful and polite. The bar was modern with comfortable seating, looking out onto the street, great selection of drinks (even Mojioto on tap!) The highlight though was the breakfast, vast selection to choose from, both cooked and continental, and again the staff very efficient and friendly. Will definitely return to this hotel, well done to all there!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Hi Wexfordlizi,

Thank you for your positive review on your recent visit to the Fitzwilton Hotel. I am delighted you and your family had a wonderful stay with us and that your room was to your satisafction. I will be more than happy to pass your kind words to our friendly staff. I will also let the chef know how pleased you were with our extensive breakfast buffet. (and our Mojito's :) )

We sincerely hope to welcome you and your family again soon.

Thank you once again for your review.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I took advantage of a great mid week offier to visit Waterford for hsitorical and genealogy reasons. I was delighted with the location of the hotel, friendliness of the staff, dleicious breakfast and opprtunity to relax. i would defintiely recommend as good to stay in. The bar was a bit on the dark side and could do with brightenting up the evening meal there was adequate, didn't eat in the restaurant but would suggest to give it a go judging by the breakfast served there. The cost for 2 at €170 was excellent value with 2 brekafast and 1 dinner included.

Room Tip: As the hotel is slightly off the main road none of the room have aparticulary good view.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend and really enjoyed it. We stayed in a room on the 4th floor and the room was perfect. It was lovely and clean and i couldnt of asked for a nicer room. As it was my boyfriends bday i asked for a bottle of wine in our room on arrival. When we got to our room there was a bday card from the hotel which was so thoughtful. Breakfast was lovely and the hotel was in a perfect location. Reception staff were lovely especially linda (i think that was her name) who made our stay extra special. Would recommend this hotel to everyone, will def be returning.

• Stayed: September 2012