“Absolutely perfect place...amazing!”
Review of Glasha Farmhouse

Glasha Farmhouse
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Just like everyone says, this place is amazing. Olive is a wonderful hostess, who works tirelessly to make sure her guests are happy. My mom had her wedding here during our 3 day stay and Olive did everything she could to make it perfect. The house is really charming and cozy, with beautiful grounds. The furnishings and bedding are luxurious, but homey. Olive and her staff are also amazing cooks and she is willing to share recipes. The dinner she prepared for the wedding was some of the best food I have ever eaten. The breakfast every morning was plentiful and delicious...there was no need to have lunch. The house is well situated to many sights. It is a 10 minute drive to the town of Clonmel, 20-30 minutes to different coastal towns and there are a number of hill walks in the area. Perhaps the only downside is that it is necessary to drive to any sites or activities, except the local pub. Otherwise I can't say enough good things about Glasha and Olive.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 24, 2011

My husband and I recently spent one night at this beautiful Bed and Breakfast located in Ballmacarbry, Ireland. Olive, the owner, could not have been any nicer or more accomodating. Our room was beautiful and the bed was very comfortable. The rose gardens, fountains and grounds were magnificent. Our dinner was delicious. The breakfast the next morning was so amazing that I had to take a picture. Olive had put clematis flowers and roses on our breakfast plates surrounding our eggs and smoked salmon. Everything was homemade including all breads and jams. We loved our stay at the Glasha Farmhouse and were very sad to leave. Thank you, Olive!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paulafink
Reviewed May 16, 2011

A little off the beaten path, but so nice to have the country side and quiet. Had a lovely romm with king bed over looking the country side. Had a good dinner prepared by the owner, Olive on a delightful glassed in porch. Breakfast was also quite good and it was well worth the price.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Five of us stayed here at the suggestion of our tour guide and it turned out to be everybody's favorite stop on our trip through Ireland. Olive is an amazing hostess - truly deserving all of the accolades and awards she has received - and you feel like family from the very instant your car enters her driveway until you depart. The rooms were a delight and the meals off the charts. We spent the evening at the pub with our tour guide and experienced 'raw Ireland'. You'll be challenged to find another setting like this. Thank you Olive!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2011

The house itself is a clean, warm and cosy place. And to make it perfect Olive is a very friendly and helpful hostess. If you are looking for a quiet place surronded by an amazing landscape, a good homemade breakfast (not to say the best breakfast you ever had ) or some good hints for trips, that is the right place to stay. There also is a small and beautiful pub close by, so nothing you need to miss.
Thank you Olive we had one of the best walks (arround the lakes) in Ireland. The funny sheep followed us for a while and the weather was changing fast. It made every view from the top of the hill possible you can imagine. And it was a good breeze, if you still can call it breeze.
The M'n M's (Marcus and Matthias)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2011

The cities of Ireland are wonderful, and there are many wonderful hotels to be found. HOWEVER, few, if any,of these will let you experience the rich character of the Irish people experienced by staying at the best bed and breakfasts. For this, Glasha is simply wonderful. A beautiful residence located on a working farm, Glasha is for those who seek an interactive experience in the REAL Ireland. Don't miss the opportunity to have tea with Olive, the proprietor, or to let her give you a tour of the dairy farm. A beautiful, warm personality, Olive and her family are the genuine article. You couldn't ask for a nicer place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JSponholz
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I chose Glasha because of its proximity to the townlands my ancestors inhabited for generations in order to trace my history. Little did I know I was about a kilometer from the home my grandmother and great grandfather were raised in Castlequarter. My husband was scheduled to visit with me but because of a medical diagnosis could not and insisted I continue with my plans. Olive was so emotionally supportive of my situation.

Olive actually assisted in my genealogy efforts. She not only put me in contact with people who were experts in my extended family, but invited them to dinner. She welcomed my fourth cousins as though they were family, which as it turned out they were by marriage.

The accommodations were wonderful. The room was very quiet except for the cows at milking time. The farmhouse was clean and beautifully landscaped. The employees were very friendly.

Cos. Waterford and Tipperary are the most beautiful areas of Ireland and truly reflect why Ireland is called the Emerald Isle. It is also quite rural with very narrow roads. Driving can be a challenge if you are used to driving on the opposite side of the road. I sugggest getting the smallest car with an automatic transmission and drive during daylight. Don't depend on a GPS, it has not caught up with new roads and seem to insist on putting you on the narrowest road possible. Olive is great with directions. I can't count the number of times I called her when lost.

I highly recommend Glasha and plan to return within 2 years with my husband.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank comorgan710
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterford
Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort
Farmlodge B&B
Farmlodge B&B
#2 of 5 in Dungarvan
The Rhu Glenn Country Club Hotel

Been to Glasha Farmhouse? Share your experiences!