“Amazing service and FOOD!”
Review of Jack Meade's Pub

Jack Meade's Pub
Ranked #1 of 26 Nightlife in Waterford
USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing service and FOOD!”
Reviewed November 3, 2008

Our name is MEADE. We were looking for a place to visit so we thought we'd look for a place on the internet with our name in it. We found Jack Meade's Pub.. so we hopped a train from Dublin to Waterford and took a cab to Jack Meade's Pub. We went in, hoping to find t-shirts, etc.. with the name on it, to purchase for souviners to take home. They did not have any! We must have expressed disappointment in our faces, so the bar attendant said give me a minute or two and let me see what we can find. In the meantime, we ordered Fish and Chips.. which is the best we have ever had! Long story short, the cook in the restaurant ran home, and brought back a beer mug with "Meade's" on it! All complimentary! Can you believe that! They made us feel like royalty, but I really believe, they treat all customers in this manner! Go to Jack Meade's Pub, it's worth the trip!

1 Thank AirlineFamily5

Ireland
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Grumpy Barman”
Reviewed November 2, 2008

We went to Jack Meades Pub in October on a very Cold Weekend.

When we went in there, there were only a few people sitting around having a drink and eating. We ordered a Hot Port and Hot Whiskey as it was 0 degrees outside.

We had two and when we went to order the third drink the barman started tutting behind the counter. He wasnt happy having to make them.

This is really unacceptable behaviour from a Barman. If a Customer wants a Hot Whiskey instead of a Pint, they are entitled to get the drink they are paying for. They are expensive enough without getting attitude as well.

We wont be running back there in a hurry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perth
“Singing by a real turf fire”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

I first went to Jack Meade's in 1979, whilst driving around Ireland with my best mate. We were staying at a guest house in Waterford and one of the full time tenants there suggested the idea of a drink, not long before closing time. My mate was already in bed, that's how late it was. So we only got a couple of drinks in but in that short time saw all the locals singing traditional songs I was familiar with from playing records for my old Irish Nanna back home in Australia. In 2001 I did a driving holiday in Ireland again, this time with my brother and had to find Jack Meade's again. All that time my memory was of it being known as the "half-way house". An internet search before we left Oz gave me the correct name and how to get there. Being half way along the Cheekpoint rd from Waterford seems to be the origin of the title. Anyway it was just as i remembered. After a while we met locals, Michael, Pat and John and a great night of drinking and singing beside the turf ensued. I could not recommend the place highly enough. A genuine Irish experience, not one created for the tourist. I will be back one day. Gerry Cassidy, Perth, Western Australia.

Norwich, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed August 1, 2007

Jack Meade's Pub is one of the finest I've frequented. It is right down the hill from Faith Legg Golf Course in Waterford. It is quite unassuming when you walk in, but it's character and charm flows steadily out, not unlike a fresh poured pint of Guinness. I bragged about this pub to a couple of New Yorkers' last year and when they walked in, they said 'this is it?'. With obvious dissappointment, we sat down to have our first pint. By the the third pint, they had snapped of two rolls of film and made many a new aquaintences. Build your own memories over a pint at Jack Meade's. Dave in Connecticut

4 Thank bangkokdave