“Fab Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Ranked #5 of 174 Restaurants in Waterford
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tapas Bar located in the Viking Triangle at the Heart of Waterford.
Waterford
“Fab Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Visited this restaurant for the first time last night with my daughter.
it was gorgeous, food was to die for, lol, to be honest we really didn't know what to expect. We had never had tapas before, so with the help of a very nice girl,whom I have forgotten her name, who waited on our table, helped and explained every dish,we were just spoiled for choice. We just can't wait to return .

1 Thank Fadetoblack

waterford
“Best Tapas In Eire ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

The Olive Tree is a class act when it comes to great tapas and brilliant service .

My self and my wife have visited a number of times and never been let down .

I would highly recommend the restaurant :-)

Waterford, Ireland
“Great atmosphere, Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

First of all it's nice to have a place like that in Waterford which lack food diversity. I've been there twice- both for birthday celebrations. Positive:
fantastic monkfish (it's on specials, however, I've been there twice, there were time spaced out visits and by talking to some people, it seems specials don't really change)
lovely calamari and prawn
great wine
good atmosphere

The second time we had a waiter James, who was great craic and seemed very knowledgeable. He didn't, however, remember to bring a slice of lemon as I asked and he assured "was no problem". Minor problem, but I just really love my water with lemon!

The second time round we had some meatballs in tomatoe sauce and roast potatoes with chorizo and fried egg on top. Both were of a really mediocre quality and lacked in flavour- when I think of tapas and Spanish cousin I can nearly taste explosion of flavours on my tongue and I was disappointed with both dishes (we didn't finish those). Also I wouldn't recommend frittatas- rather bland.

All in all: a good place, with a room for improvement!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Waterford, Ireland
“Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Fabulous night out! It started with our waiter James and progressed nicely to excellent food, great choice, great value. Can't wait to go back. Well done to all at The Olive Tree.

Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

We visited this little restaurant in Waterford, the staff were good and manager was very helpful squeezing us in for an early meal. The food was excellent, very reasonably priced. Highly recommended.