All reviews city centre ring road bar food reception staff would stay again stayed here for two nights saturday night self service minute drive buffet breakfast few drinks both mornings yogurt family room evening meal dealership carvery
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Room was large and clean. Staff were very helpful. Food was adequate. I would stay here again. Bed was very comfortable. It is quite close to town. Not walking distance but a short car ride. There are no rooms with a view.

Date of stay: August 2019
Darren B, General Manager at Viking Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Lesley O,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Viking hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When we booked I asked for a quiet room with, if possible, a view only to be told that there were no rooms with a view. When we arrived I understood why as it was situated in a business area and was surrounded by car dealerships. The hotel itself was fine, clean and well laid out. Our room, 209, was at the rear of the hotel overlooking the car park. The room, while average sized was clean and freshly decorated so no complaints there.

We had booked half board, dinner bed and breakfast. When we arrived we were given dinner vouchers which were brought to the bar as there was no restaurant. I was surprised and a bit disappointed to discover that this entitled us to a main course only. I had missed this on booking and meant that we had to pay extra for starters and deserts and some dishes had a supplement of between €5:50 and €7:50. The food itself varied, the first night I had a chicken sizzler and my wife had another chicken dish, both of which were excellent however the burger on the second night was dry and distinctly average.

Breakfast on both mornings was also a bit of a let-down, cold fried eggs and no choice of scrambled or poached. The plate warmer was not working so food went cold quickly. There was also a cold buffet with the usual cereals.

One thing that the hotel has going for it were the staff, all were friendly and accommodating, so full marks there. Otherwise it was an average hotel which with a little effort could be a good one.

Room tip: Rooms overlooking the car park at the rear are quiet.

Dear B578Dlpetero,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at the Viking hotel and I am pleased your overall experience was a pleasant one. With regard to your online booking, you chose a main course dinner bed and breakfast package which allows our guests to enjoy a main course dinner served in the Wooden Pestle Bar & Restaurant and guests are free to choose extra courses as they wish when they are dining all of which are individually priced.

Although I note your dinner on your first evening was very enjoyable any issues experienced during your stay would have been quickly rectified once a member of the team was informed, we want every guest to enjoy their dining experiences here and we are also very happy to cater to specific tastes.

I appreciate your feedback and I do hope we can welcome you back again. I will ensure that your dining experience will be a very enjoyable one on your return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a brief stop over at the Viking hotel ,
I needed a meal and a quiet room to recharge before an early morning start,
The staff here are warm and welcoming, the rooms are clean and comfortable,
I really enjoyed my brief stay and will return,

The room doors automatically slam as in most hotels in Ireland,
I always hold the door for a soft close, so as not to disturb other guests,
Thanks to the check in staff I had a carefully selected quiet room and the noise was minimal,

Breakfast is buffet,
It's really good, a great selection,
Thanks so much

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room at reception
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear SeanPianoMan,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Viking hotel and your wonderful comments regarding your accommodation, staff and dining experience. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Viking Hotel was very good. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. They are due for updating but deffinately served the purpose for us. Breakfast was $10.50 but was a very good selection and a awesome Capachino machine.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear TheBugGuy,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Viking hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and I hope we can welcome you back very soon indeed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel has a very professional entrance , reception and bar area. All staff were very professional and accommodating.
The bedrooms however were very plain and more like a cheap hotel . No pictures on the wall or any colour. Everything was white . I was very disappointed as I presumed from the reception area the rooms would be similar . Breakfast was lovely .

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear donegal1321977,

I appreciate you taking time to review your recent stay at the Viking hotel and for your very positive comments regarding the entrance,reception and bar areas. Although we have recently re-fitted all of our bedrooms with new carpets, curtains and top of the range King Koil beds, we are currently in the process of adding some soft furnishings and finishing touches to our rooms. I hope we can welcome you back once this is complete and I am sure you will be very pleased with the end result.