“Average but good value”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Dublin
“Average but good value”
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Stayed here a few times. Its OK. relatively clean. Good value compared with the prices some hotels charge these days.
Its good.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
ipswich
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Stayed three nights, booked non-smoking room, first night hotel was full, no non-smoking room was available but moved me next day no problem. For the price this represented very good value, comfortable clean hotel, friendly helpful staff, I would stay here again, only down side was location, hotel was a fair way out of town thus if you wanted to go into town in the evenings without a car, taxi was ten euro each way, so might be more cost effective to stay in a closer hotel, hotel surrounded by car showrooms, some reports put this as a negative but it did mean nights were quiet

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
midlands ireland
Reviewed February 9, 2010

We needed to stay one night in Waterford and this hotel was perfect for one night.
We booked a connecting room for 99 euros which was excellent value for two rooms for 2 adults and 2 children. The hotel is really only suitable for one night or for commercial travellers as it is located in an industrial estate, on cork road just outside city, so not very scenic.

We had food in the bar which i have to say was suprisingly good and not overpriced.
The hotel staff from receptionist to bar persons were very friendly and helpful.

The bedrooms have basic unfussy furniture with bland colours but both bedrooms and bathroom were perfectly clean.

The only complaint i had was at 1am in the morning our neighbouring room turned on the television and we could hear and make out the music, we rang reception asking them to turn it down which was dealt with very promptly. So the walls must be quite thin.

Breakfast following morning was excellent.

I would recommend this hotel if passing through or looking for a base around waterford.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
ireland
Reviewed February 7, 2010

I enjoy staying at this hotel.. Rooms are fine, clean, good shower.
Staff are very helpful,
at breakfast I asked whether I could have s skinny cappucino with my breakfast, the girl said no problem, and as I was leaving she made offered to make me another one to take back to my room,,,(which I took her up on).
I stay here often when visiting family in Waterford and would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
carlow
Reviewed January 23, 2010

Checked in abit out of town . . room nice & very clean tv channels not great but the shower was good ! When down for dinner in the bar ............ waited 40 mins for a salad which was very good BUT the girl (sorry i missed her name) was rude and very unhelpful. Yes she was busy but she clearly is in the wrong job as she is NOT A PEOPLE PERSON ! Finished my business early and called back to reception to check out early "Laura" at the desk was shocked to find out that i decide to check out and explained to her that i finished work early & why should i stay & eat here & wait 40 mins to be severed by a girl that felt i was an inconvenience she assured me that the manager on would like after me and that wasn't the norm. HAD ROOM SERVICE just in-case Nice Hotel ! Compliments to "Laura & Fiona" (who severed me breakfast) are a credit ! Hotel Great Staff Very good its a shame theres afew bad grapes

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 2, 2009

My daughter and I stayed for two nights at the Ramada in Waterford, and I could not rave enough about the hospitality we received. This was our very first trip to Europe - and to Ireland - and all the staff at the Ramada lived up to the Irish reputation of being the friendliest people on earth. I had a brain hiccup and accidentally left the lights to my rental car on overnight and, needless to say, the battery was dead the next morning. I was so upset, and the staff saved us. The front desk clerk immediately started asking around for who might have jump leads to help us. The manager then took it upon himself to find someone, and a young gentleman who worked at the hotel came out to help - in the morning rain, mind you - and gave our car a time-consuming jump (I had really killed the battery) with nothing but a smile and pleasant conversation. He even gave me the perfect place to go to find a very inexpensive plug converter in town to replace mine that had broken. We had a couple things happen during the stay, such as the heat in our first room went out, but they put us in another room without question and lots of apologies and assisted us in many other ways over the two days we were there, always with a smile and good conversation. Of all our stays during our two weeks in Europe, this is the hotel I paid the least for, but it was ironically the one we got the best service and treatment at.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I enjoyed staying at this hotel. The room was spacious,clean and the staff were friendly. The meals were ok except the hamburgers were dripping with fat and i could not eat it. The other meals were ok.Not far from Waterford Crystal factory. You could not walk to the town you required transport.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple