“Great rooftop area!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Reg

The Reg
Reserve with OpenTable
The Reg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 173 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Seafood, Pub, European, Gastropub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: This exciting new dining scene in the hub of Waterford's Viking Triangle is a concept based on local, fresh, simple, honest and seasonal food with bursts of flavor. So whether you are with friends, clients or on a night out, this casual dining experience is always a good choice.Our venue boasts a Seafood Restaurant, GastroPub, Craft Beer Bar, Whiskey Bar, Late night bar and night club and Waterford's only stunning Rooftop Cafe Bar and Restaurant overlooking the River Suir and Reginald's Tower. With live music every night of the week. The Reg Waterford is the perfect spot for your eating and entertainment needs.
Dublin
“Great rooftop area!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely time having food and drinks in the sunshine on the rooftop terrace. Great service and atmosphere. Didn't want to leave!!

1 Thank Groovylibby
TheRegWaterford, General Manager at The Reg, responded to this review, June 25, 2014

We love our Roof Terrace so we are delighted you enjoyed it just as much as we do.

We hope to see you again soon!

The Reg

• Polish first
Jarrettsville, Maryland
“Great views and music what a combo”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the rooftop views for cocktails with very friendly service then downstairs for a nice meal of fish and chips and great Irish music .. What could be better

• Visited June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review!

Here at The Reg we pride ourselves on our food offering and live music every night so it is great to hear your positive comments.

We are delighted you loved our roof terrace just as much as we do.

We hope to see you in The Reg again soon!
“Disappointed ”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I'd like to be able to give a review on the food we had but I can't. My husband rang the reg on Tuesday and ask about what time food was served till and was told that food served till 9am in the bar, terrace, and restaurant. We arrived at 6:50pm and we were sent upstairs to terrace, waited for a staff member to come and asked were there any tables only to be told no. There was no offer of cone back at such a time and I will give you a table then. Asked where else could we eat there and we were told that same menu available downstairs in bar. Arrived in the bar and we were told my the barman that food not served in bar after 6pm during the summer. He went.for his supervisor who confirmed this. Absolutely disappointed in the whole experience and the way it was handled. Thankfully we ended up going to Mclearys and the meal was divine.

4 Thank Jane C
Waterford, Ireland
“Nice all round”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Had burger & fries - not bad at all. Not very adventurous, I know, but neither is the menu. All pretty standard fare done pretty standard as far as I could tell. Table needed wiping down but no one did it. People smoking around me (we sat on the rooftop terrace) - didn't Ireland pioneer no smoking indoors? Maybe they should now follow others and just ban it where others are eating.

Overall, quite expensive, but view ok and atmosphere alright, if a litle touristy.

Visited June 2014
TheRegWaterford, General Manager at The Reg, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Hi Tezza,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
We are delighted to have so many tourists visiting Waterford and The Reg, probably why there is a touristy feel. Our Roof Top Café is very popular with both smokers and non-smokers and I suppose we can’t begrudge the smokers a cigarette outdoors! We have not gone too adventurous with our menu in our early days as we want to develop everything about our offering at the right pace.
We would have to disagree with you on your point that we are quite expensive, as we offer good food at great value in a prime spot – the view and setting of our Rooftop is unrivalled.

Hope to see you again.
Waterford, Ireland
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was there last Saturday night with a group of friends. There was a great atmosphere and live music. I decided to get mojito first and went to the bar across main entrance. Ordered my cocktail and stood literally face to face with the bartender. To my surprise he took a bunch of mint and squeezed it with his bare hands! Then he added all ingredients and crashed ice. To my even bigger surprise he took a spoon to mix this for me and covered my drink glass with his bare hand again. At this stage all I could think was, when was the last time he washed his hands...
Later that night I was drinking something else and found that my long drink glass was cracked. Went to the bar and showed it to another bartender. He took it, apologised and simply poured my drink to a new one. He did not even ask if I wanted a new drink prepared. I admit there was no broken glass in my drink, but I would expect the bartender to simply ask, if I wanted a new drink.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Karolina P
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Firstly we would like to say that all of our cocktails are made professionally so that is why they were prepared in such a manner.
In relation to the cracked glass it wouldn't be our policy to give out a fresh drink. If you have any further questions on this please don’t hesitate to call us on 051 583 000.

We do hope that you will join us again next time you are in town.