Athenaeum House Hotel
Fitzwilton Hotel(Waterford)
$161
Dooley's Hotel Waterford(Waterford)(Great Value!)
$118
$86
Agoda.com
Woodlands Hotel(Waterford)
$86
Waterford Marina Hotel(Waterford)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotwire.com
All reviewszaks restaurantwaterford cityacross the riverquiet locationshort drivelovely hotellarge roomfull irishsaturday nightcourse mealvisiting waterfordcar parkstancarrieirelandsuirduvet
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Wanted to re-connect with my husband for Valentines Weekend so was looking for a boutique hotel that was a little bit different. With all the business pressure we've been under of late & two kids under 3 there hasn't been much US time.

The feel of the hotel is more like going to a private house for the weekend. The Georgian features have been retained & the staff are really friendly & helpfull.

We enjoyed dinner in Zaks so much on Friday we stayed in again on Saturday & we were treated to the relaxing live music (solo guitarist with soothing voice) topped off with candle light & great view of the crystal city other side of river.

Oh & we also loved the chess set in the library upstairs I didn't win but we're planing a return visit for re match soon.

Athenaeum House Hotel has a lived in, quirky feel, we laughed alot & simply relaxed. It was a perfect Valentines Weekend we forgot the stress of daily life and simply got lost together x

Reviewed February 6, 2010

Myself, my fiance and 2 freinds spent a long weekend to "ring in the new year" at Athenaeum House Hotel - check in is swift, staff extreemly helpful and room was lovely. We stayed in one of the suites, which has a contemporary / quirky character with a mix of old fireplace charm and new fixtures. The bathroom had a jacuzzi bath and powerful shower. The new years eve package include a champagne reception (not limited to one glass), 5 course delicious fine dining meal follwed by a live band and drinking until the small hours! The atmosphere at Athenaeum is more like a party with freinds and NOT a stuffy hotel room where you just book at table for the night. No request is too much trouble for the staff, even at 3am! It is not my first stay here, nor the last and it is definately worth a visit.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Stayed here for one night and will not be returning. Don't know how it got a four star rating. Room was ok but bed not comfortable, very soft and sagging, tiny tv set with rolling screen, all lights in room inadequate. Bathroom was fine, shower had great pressure but it could have been cleaner. My big disappointment was breakfast. Buffet choice was so poor, cheap yogurts and tastleless bread and some stale cereals. I had scrambled egg which was good. I had a pot of very poor coffee and felt cheated when on leaving the dining room I spied a coffee machine, presumably it served good coffee! Staff were friendly. I definitely would not return and thought Euro 80 for one night overly expensive. I have stayed in b and b's which were far superior and a hell of a lot cheaper. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank allihies
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We stayed here for a weekend away and were really impressed. The Hotel itself is a little outside the city but is wihin a twenty minute walk of it. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and it all feels very personal and that they are there to help you out as much as possible. The food in the Restaurant is excellent. The deconstructed cheesecake is divine. The rooms are quite big and afford one a lot of room. The bathroom is spacious too. The only downsideare the rooms. They could do with a lick of and a bigger tv. Saying that there is nothing wrong with the rooms I would just not equate them to what one would expect from a four star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We stayed here for one night & were really dissapointed. We expected a lot more from this hotel. This is not a four star hotel. It didn't have a fitness centre or a pool. If it doesn't have these things I expect more in other areas. The room was spacious but very dark & a bit shabby, the bathroom at first looked new but the finish wasn't up to scratch, it seemed as though maybe once it could of been a four star but had not been maintained that way.
If you wanted attention at reception you had to ring a bell, I think they may have been short staffed.The staff were pleasant & helpful but for the money I definately wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple