“Great meal”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited chiang mai as a group of four and all of us enjoyed every part of our meal i would recommend the mixed starter for two just perfect and i had a massaman curry for main and it was totally unique to other currys had to mention that also my friends raved and raved about the tamirand duck so i think i will give that a go next i cant really fault this place all of the staff were attentive and welcoming nothing was too much too ask the decor really pleasing to the eye and pricing very fair also couples and earlybird deals deliveries or takeouts they have thought of everybody thank you chiang mai !! We will be back over xmas !!

Treacys_Waterford, Sales and Marketing at Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2015

Dear guest,

Following your dining experience in Chiang Mai I am delighted to receive your wonderful feedback. I so pleased to hear each member of your group enjoyed their meal and we certainly hope you will be returning to us very soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I was down in Waterford for the weekend with my boyfriend. We are fans of thai food so we found ourselves in this restaurant which we heard was newly opened.

When we arrived the staff we very welcoming and it was a relaxing atmosphere. The food was great too as thai goes. My boyfriend really enjoyed his pad thai and I thought the duck was fantastic. We had shared starters which we great also. The deserts we good too, they all seemed to be homemade also which is always nice.

Overall great meal and would recommend it your into thai food!

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Chiang Mai. I am delighted you and your boyfriend had a fantastic meal with us. Our desserts are indeed homemade which we also feel are much nicer.

I do hope we will be welcoming you back to Chiang Mai very soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and myself ate here on Saturday night and the food was just incredible. We got the 59 euro deal starter main dessert tea or coffee and a bottle of wine for 2 people which I must say was great value. I got the beef with chilli oil which was a sizziling dish and tasted devine! The restaurant is beautifully done and had lovely music. All the staff were Irish and very friendly and attentive. I could not fault this restaurant in any way .

Dear guest,

Sincere thanks for your wonderful feedback following your dining experience with us. I'm thrilled you found the staff friendly and attentive and that your meal was both divine and excellent value.

Once again, thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have just gotten home from a great night out in this new local restaurant. I have never tried thai food before but decided to give it a go with a few friends. As soon as we got in, staff were more than helpful and made us feel welcome and relaxed.
We ate from the early bird menu which we found to be great value. Starter and main course and glass of wine for €20. Great value at €40 per couple.
The food arrived promptly and we all really enjoyed it.
I will definitely be recommending this place for quality, service and value.
Thanks for a great night.

Dear guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on Chiang Mai. I'm delighted you enjoyed your first taste of Thai food and found the Early Bird menu excellent value.

I do hope we will be welcoming you back to Chiang Mai very soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Just got take away here 20 mins ago. Got a mix platter for 2 and one main course. The starter was 12€ and NOT worth the money. There was only 2 of 4 things in the box and it looks like a platter you'd get in tesco. The chicken satay skewer was hard as a boot and I almost chocked on it. The yellow curry we got doesn't even taste like curry. This place has ruined my taste for Thai food, and I will never eat there again. Of the take away is this bad id hate to see what it's like to eat in the place. The only thing that was nice was the free crackers we got. Not worth the money too expensive and food tastes terrible

2  Thank Hawgaw
Treacys_Waterford, Sales and Marketing at Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2015

Dear guest,

Obviously i am extremely disappointed to ready your review. I'm erribly sorry you had such a bad experience with our takeaway.

When Chiang Mai first opened we did have some teething problems but I'm delighted to report those have now been rectified. Our brand new chef is from the Chiang Mai region in Thailand and personally wrote our new menu. I do feel if you returned you would be completely satisfied with our new dishes so i hope you will afford us the opportunity to restore your faith in Thai cuisine.

Michelle O'Halloran