“It looks better on the website as it is in reality”

Treacys Hotel Waterford
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights. Our room was extremely small as was the bathroom. The bath is only big enough for a child def not an adult. Couldn't open the window as the smell of the pet shop up the road was unbearable plus the sound of the traffic. Alot of channels on the tv but very bad reception and the sound was bad. Food in bar not great. Bed was hard and our backs were sore. Old hotel and could do with renavating again and modernising. On a positive note room was clean. Def would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed March 6, 2010

My office booked this hotel as my usual one was not available. I have been staying in Waterford for five years now and never tried this hotel. Well it wont be the last time, I thought the facilities were great for me, as I was staying for 6 nights I really got good use from the leisure center.....the staff were friendly a and even did a plan for me. I found the food in the bar quite good and the internet was free so it met my needs (I like no hidden costs).

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2010

myself and my wife have just spent a weekend at the Days hotel and we had a very enjoyable stay. we checked in on friday afternoon and were very pleased when we went to our room. we were not in one of the upgraded rooms but i was very happy with the size of the room and it was very comfortable for the weekend. the hotel is in the city centre and we were able to walk to the shops for the evening but other than this we spent most of the weekend in the hotel. we spent most of saturday in the leisure centre, which is top class. my wife had a massage in the spa that afternoon while i was in the gym, and she really enjoyed it. i didnt' see the spa myself but she said it was lovely. the hotel is quite large and has a few lifts and corridors but we managed to find our way around. i'd definitley recommend staying in the hotel bar in the nighttime, the music was great craic and the staff are great. we'll be staying in days when we're in waterford again.

Reviewed February 21, 2010

Checked in on Friday with my partner and another couple. We "upgraded" our room, the other couple didnt. Our room was on 3rd floor, easy enough at first but I am not lying when I say it was a 5 minute jurney to get to our room. We had to take one lift, then walk the entire lenght of the hotel, then up a set of stairs to the "new" part of the hotel, then into another lift to take us from 2nd floor to 3rd. With two suitcases and carrybags the stairs were a nightmare. The room was surprising nice (upgraded remember), until we coped that the walls are made from wafers! The kid in the room across from us needs some to thought some mannors and cant shout from everything. The room next to us seemed to never turn off their TV and played the music chanels all the time. Doors constantly slamming and I mean SLAMMING!!!

We ventured to our friends standard smoking room, in the "old" part of the hotel on the 2nd floor. Thank God there was only room for 3 people at a time coz the stink of smoke was disgusting even for a smoking room. The entire corridor stank. Not to hard considering it was barly two feet wide and the floor bounced up and down.

We had dinner included in the price in the restraunt, which was my cracking point. After asking for clean cultlery (food still on my unused fork) and a replacement glass (mine was cracked), starters arrived, very nice. My MEDIUM steak arrived. It was sooooo overcooked. Brown in the middle and rough as anything. So asked for it be taken back as I wanted Medium. After 25 minutes (my friends all finished main meal) I asked where my steak was. Was told the it would be another 3 minutes as to be sure it was cooked through, mentioned to the waiter that its Medium so why cooked through? He just laughed....I was being serious. Another 10 minutes later it arrived burned to a crisp on the ourside and flowing blood on the inside. Manager was immediatly called to the table and surpirisng admitted they had forgot about it and threw it on at last minute. At this stage it was 10.30 (dinner booked for 8) and my appitate was gone. Manager offered me a free meal tomorrow night (not my friends just me) I polietly declined to eat dinner on my own in even a good restraunt never mind this one. So a free meal for me and my partner in the bar next door was provided the next night.

Sorry about the long review but needed to be written, not as if it went wrong, it went very wrong!!!

Best bit was the spa, even though it wasnt technically in the hotel. Even advised by recp to go out of the hotel, throught the road works to the end of the block and enter the spa from the main street as its too complecated to direct to the hotel entrace to the spa. Nice customers service there lads.....!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2010

I had a very upsetting stay at the hotel. A freak accident happened where my personal belongings got destroyed. We were very upset with themanner in which the hotel dealt with it. After a few calls, it got sorted. Breakfast no good, meal poor and carpark too far away.

Reviewed February 18, 2010

Had a lovely stay here on valentines weekend. The staff were nice and friendly, we had a very nice meal in their restaurant on Valentines night, and ate in a lovely Italian restaurant just off the main street on the 1st night.
I would highly reccommend the aroma stone massage in the spirit spa, the girl had healing hands! It was the best treatment I've had in ages, so relaxing.
The only off putting thing about the hotel for me was access to the hotel was a little difficult as the foothpath was closed.All in all a good weekend

Reviewed February 15, 2010

I went to Days for valentines weekend and it was not a pleasent weekend atall....The reception area is nice but thats it the corridors to the rooms look terrible the walls are patched up wit paint the floor boards are spongey for some reason.... the rooms are basic the television reception is terrible every minute or two the reception freezes impossible to watch anything...On our first nite wen we came back from the club the noise from other rooms was very loud one room in particluar beneath us there was alot of shoutng slaming doors etc which turned in to abusive language and threats i am just glad i did not bring my child cause we did not feel safe i called reception to inform them and this was fruitless this continued for another hour at this stage it was 4am.....the hotel is a good ten minute walk from the pub and club area of the city....The free carpark is located about a five min walk from hotel also when we left the hotel we got our car park ticket validated and when leaving the car pak i nserted our ticket in barrier and it did not work i pressed the intercom without reply then got out to look for an attendant after ten mins of searching i found carpark office locked with a sign sayin back in fifteen mins there was a number to call and i called it i was told someone be with us shortly we waited for ten mins this was 20min now in total...we then called hotel to find out if they could help and they just said someone be with us soon as my partner was still talking the Days hotel staff hung up on her eventually after a 40mins were let out of car park ....THANKS DAYS HOTEL FOR RUINING OUR ROMANTIC VALENTINES WEEKEND......Folks you've been warned