“Do not stay here”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Dublin, Ireland
“Do not stay here”
Reviewed June 16, 2009

This hotel should not carry the "Days" logo as it does not follow their usual management style. Beware as a traveller.... this hotel is located on a very busy main thoroughfare. There is no where to off load passengers or luggage.
The management is rude and not interested in entertaining complaints in a constructive manner. Their style is defensive and they seem to argue instead of discuss problems. They are definitely not interested in resolving a problem. Do not bother driving to this hotel as " their" car park which they advertise on their web site in fact belongs to a local supermarket and therefore closes when the shop does ie at 21:30hrs. So hard luck if you have been out for the day as we had, and return after this time. You won't be able to park your car! nor will you be able to get it out of the car park after this time either. So you are pretty much restricted to the hotel each night.
The large seemingly lovely TV screen had such bad reception we turned it off. Half the channels were fuzzy with poor sound.
The swimming pool that they advertise is in fact part of a public gym/pool complex so there are all sorts of people using the facilities.
The morning buffet is served in a dining hall akin to one from the 1970's. The carpet was old, filthy dirty and I even found an eyelash on a fried egg which I had to point out to one of the staff.
Do not stay here. This is not up to the Days Hotel standard. It should not be part of this group!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
DaysHotel, Manager at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, June 23, 2009
Dear Foleyka,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our hotel. It is through guest feedback that we assess the standard on our service and learn how we can improve to meet guest expectations. I am disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your stay and felt that your complaints were not addressed by management in an appropriate manner. I would therefore like to take this opportunity to address the issues which you raised in your review.
Our hotel is in a busy city centre location on the quays in Waterford, we do however have a loading bay outside the hotel where we encourage guests to unload their bags before parking their car. This is stated on our website where we also give directions to our high rise carpark and the opening hours. We also clearly state that if you wish to exit or enter the car park outside these hours this can by arranged by contacting reception in advance. Our leisure centre was opened in the hotel in November 2008, and as with most hotel leisure centre’s it is open to membership. It is not, however, open to public use.
I am both shocked and embarrassed that you had an unpleasant experience with our breakfast service. I can assure you I have addresses this issue with management and staff throughout the hotel.
I very much regret that you have formed a poor impression of our hotel. Customer care is paramount to me and I cannot offer any excuses to you if we failed in what we believe we do best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Polish first
dublin
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Just returned from fab weekend with the girls-we stayed in Days Hotel Leisure & Spa Hotel in Waterford! i have to firstly mention how well the refurbishment of this hotel has been-I stayed here a few years ago but it has been completely upgraded & I loved the Spa & leisure centre. We were able to have a pamper day on Saturday & then had mighty craic in the bar that night-The staff were so helpful-any problems we had were sorted out so quickly! We decided to eat our meal in the bar but we had to wait abit as they were so busy but staff were extremely apologetic about this. We all said that we would definitely return to have another great weekend

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
dublin
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Myself & three friends (all in our late 20s) stayed in this place (days hotel) last weekend. Overall, we thought the hotel & Waterford in general was a good experience - and I'd recommend a weekend down here for any lads trip away. Go to Waterford Castle aswell if you're down here for golf - the golf course is on an island and good for something different (lots of water on the first few holes!).
Right so, the hotel:
- Rooms: seemed very new to us - ordered two twin rooms and got a double & single bed in each, which was a bonus. Shower class also.
- Leisure centre: abs top notch. Guy in the gym told us it's only 6 months old. The two times I was there it wasn't remotely overcrowded. Pool / Jacuzzi etc were what you'd expect. Thing I liked most though was the separate fitness room - e.g. to do fit ball exercises.
- food: only had bar food - quite nice.
- nightlife: well, you have to take a 10 min walk into town cause there's no real nightlife here. They had a trad singer on - not really our scene. Residents bar is a plus though.
- value: we'd normally head somewhere cheaper, but the leisure centre here justified the price for us.

clonmel,
Reviewed May 15, 2009

I stayed in Days Hotel Waterford for the weekend with my husband-we both really surprised at how wonderful the hotel was for such a low rate-we paid 99€ each for 2 nights B&B & 1 evening meal-which I must say was gorgeous. I really enjoyed the Spa & was able to book a massage & facial whilst my husband enjoyed a swin & the gym in their new leisure centre. The rooms are all newly decorated & lovely and spacious. the only problem we had was working the TV but the manager vame straight up to our room & fixed it. I have to say that the staff were extremely helpful & friendly. On the Saturday night we really enjoyed the music in the bar. We will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Myself, my mam and 2 children have just returned from this hell hole, and I have to say if offered another stay for free would not return. I decided to book with the supervalu tokens as it looked like a great deal 220 euro for 2 nights stay and an evening dinner. We were given room 114, so tired and weary we settled down for the night. The next morning we went down to breakfast, the breakfast area looked like it was still in the dark ages. It was grubby and dirthy. When I proceeded to go up and get food from the hot counter I found that four of the plates on top were dirty. There was grease stains on them and looked like thay had not been washed properly. As I was feeling uneasy I watched as the manager washed the tables without the use of a sanitiser, then proceed to go over and take fresh bread out for customers with his drity hands, having failed to wash his hands. That night the children were tired so we decided to go to bed early, only to kept awake most of the night from the air condition compresser that was being used for a function below our room. It started at 8 and by 11 I had had enough so I rang reception who sent the duty manager to the room. The manager came in and witnessed the noise, he actually sympathised with us and promised to go off and see what the problem was. At 11.30 he rang the room to say he had turned off all compressers and could not work out were the noise was coming from. So left with no choice we just had to grin and bear it. On checking out the following day I brought this problem to the duty manager who argued that he never had any complaints from that room and could not think where the noise was coming from. He stood there for at least 20 minutes very defensive arguning even though the night manager had witnessed the loud vibrating from the previous night. What I found most offensive was the managers attitude which was appalling, did he ever hear the 'customer is always right'. If he had of just apologised and taken on board that the night duty manager had witnessed it I would of just accapted his apology. In the end he agreed to give me a refund of the nights sleep we had lost, all of which was 40.00. I was disccusted because he came out with an evelope sealed and had not intended to tell me exactly how much he was refunding me until I challanged him. What was more upsetting was that he left me and my children stand there for 15 or 20 min waiting for it, and then just ignorantly gave it to me with gritted teeth. I really felt that because I was a sinlge parent on with my two children he didnt care, I know for a fact that if I had of had a big strapping man he would not of spoke to me the way he did. What ever you do stay away as, not only was the place filty but you could not see out the beedroom window as it was so dirty, and I still havnt mentioned the shower and the lack of hot water. I could go on and on so just do yourself a favour and stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Waterford hotels

Dublin
Reviewed January 22, 2009

Last weekend to get over our January blues of being back at work, myself and a few of my girlfriends headed off to Waterford for a bit of a laf and to relax.
We hadn't booked anywhere before we arrived, but had looked up a few places over the net so had a fair idea of what was available.
When we got there we just went into Days. The rates were very reasonable for being bang in the centre of town - saved us getting any taxis whatsoever for the whole weekend. we also got free parking in the car park across the way!
The rooms were what sold it to us really though, very spacious and the marble bathroom was huge! defo enuf space for all our stuff.
on friday night we went to the leisure centre. used the pool and looked at the gym (didn't stress ourselves enough to get into gear tho!). we booked massages and some of the girls pedicures for sat.
went out friday night, the main nightclubs are just a stones throw away.
the breakfast was a welcome call on sat morning! very good quality.
after lazing about for the morning and going to a few shops, we went for a swim and then for our treatments. v impressive!
sat night we went for dinner in the hotel. i was surprised at the high quality food in a hotel, the standard was more along the levels of a private restaurant.
the staff were also very wiling to help at any given call.
We left early on sunday morning!
Overall a very relaxing and much enjoyable weekend.
worth a look into if ever down that side of the country.
i'll defo be back!

• Liked — The Rooms
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
tipperary
Reviewed December 18, 2008

I stayed in days hotel waterford on a 2 night break with 3 friends of mine, we had heard about the spa and decided to try it out the hotel.I stayed in room 225 , it was very spacious and the decor was nice.
We used the spa and pool on the middle day and really enjoyed the day, the staff in the spa were lovely.
I loved the shopping in waterford, and the hotel was so close to the main street it was great, and the car parking , even though not on site was very handy.
All in all a good stay , and staff were friendly.

• Liked — room was spacious/ spa
  • Disliked — weather
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
DaysHotel, Genaral Manager at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, January 20, 2009
Dear Customer, thank you to you and your friends for the feedback on your stay with us here at Days Hotel Waterford. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable experience and look forward to being of service to you throughout 2009. Kind regards, General Manager, Days Hotel Waterford