“Superb”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
London
“Superb”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Very impressed indeed. Room was spotless. Hospitality was great and Marian couldn't do enough for us. Would stay here again and would highly recommend to others. The pool area was clean and used it a couple of times. My only disappointment was our room wasnt visited at all by the maids and we had the same towels for 3 days but it wasnt the end of the world

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Maria K, Sales and Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us and for also taking the time to write this review. All feedback is greatly appreciated as it is with this that we can constantly improve the service we provide.

I’m delighted you had an enjoyable experience here at Treacy’s Hotel. We are very fortunate to have such a dedicated team working with us who go above and beyond for all our guests. As for the lovely Marian, what can I say! Our hotel would most definitely not be what it is without her. I’m shocked you received no housekeeping during your time with us. I can assure you this is more than a little strange and will be investigating this issue further. I can only apologise for this inconvenience.

Again, thank you for the feedback you provided. I look forward to passing on you compliments to the rest of the team especially the wonderful Marian.

Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Polish first
Dawlish, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Staff very friendly, hotel situated within walking distance of town and entertainment in bar great fun! Comfortable beds, clean and tidy, nothing was too much trouble!! very accomodating! Leisure facilities easy to access and spotless, jacuzzi lovely and sauna ideal to relax in!! Will be returning !!! not far from train station or main bus station either so easy to explore other areas! Food was good with range of choice at each meal! Rooms vary in views and sizes so ask if you have a preference! would recommend this hotel for the price you pay! thanks

Room Tip: request room with outside view!
1 Thank elaine g
Dear Elaine

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read your visit was an enjoyable one.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments about our hotel. Here at Treacy’s Hotel we are very fortunate to have such a great location in Waterford City centre. Our hotel is directly across the road from Waterford bus station, 2 or 3 minutes from the local train station and just a short stroll to the main shopping area here in the city. Our leisure centre facilities, including an 18meter swimming pool, are always very popular with our guests and I’m happy you had the chance to avail of this service. We do indeed have live music every night in Timbertoes bar which seems to go down a treat with our visitors. I’m delighted you found all your meals to your liking. Our chefs only source local, fresh produce to ensure a high standard of quality.
Once again, thank you for your wonderful feedback. I look forward to passing them on to the rest of the team.

Michelle Halloran
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Staff we're very friendly and customer service was of a high standard. I was part or a large group,so was a lot to manage all at once. The overall consensus was that we were comfortable and we'll looked after.

1 Thank Redrocker2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write this review on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted yourself and your group had a pleasant experience staying with us.

I’m thrilled you found our staff friendly and you thought our customer service was of a high standard. Our number one priority is our guests therefore we always strive to maintain and improve the service we provide. Our customer services manager Marian is always nearby to help in any way she can.

Once again, thank you for the feedback you've provided.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very little ambiance in the dining room but the food was great!
The staff were all outstandingly friendly and helpful. The pool and jacuzzi are faultless, exceptionally good for any hotel, let alone in this budget.
Our room was spacious, spotless and the beds and pillows perfect. The ensuite facilities were excellent given the rating.
I would unreservedly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: B block sounds uncool but rooms were very clean, spacious and close to pool and spa. I absolutely un...
1 Thank Newbyexeter
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us and for also taking the time to share the experience you had with us. I’m thrilled to see you had an enjoyable time here at Treacy’s Hotel.

We are very proud of all the services we provide to our guests especially our facilities at Spirit Leisure Centre. I’m delighted you had the opportunity to avail of this service. I’m happy would were pleased with the room you were allocated. We do have a number of different room types available to suit a variety of needs and desires, all of which are contemporary in style while keeping their original charm. Thank you for your compliments on our food. Our chefs are some of the best around and love what they do so I look forward to passing on your comments.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. It is always such a pleasure to hear them.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Have just returned from a Coach Trip to Ireland and we stayed at Treacys Hotel on the first night of the trip and the last night. On the first night we were dealt with speedily and the evening meals was served very efficiently, bearing in mind that there were several other coaches at the hotel.
Very different when we returned on the last evening of our trip. Complete disorganisation. I had requested the room I had on the first evening which was next to my friend. On our return I was on the first floor and she was on the third floor. When I got to my room it was awful, very tiny and overlooking a side street which was very noisy (107). I went to reception and was greeted by a person who was not very friendly and I asked why my friend and I had not been given rooms as requested on the first evening. I could see on the sheet that we had been given rooms 202 and 204 and these had been crossed out. I was eventually given a room on the second floor which was much better and overlooking the river. Still away from my friend.

The evening meal was not very nice. I ordered the pork and it turned out to be boiled bacon!!

The breakfast was also not very inspiring. Also at breakfast we were given a card and asked to write a piece for them on Trip Adviser. Well this is what I have done. I do not need asking, if service is good I will say so without any prompting.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the main street and river
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Maria K, Sales and Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the feedback you've provided. I’m sorry you had an unpleasant visit with us.

I would like to take this opportunity to address some of the issues you raised in your review. In relation to the disorganisation you felt the hotel had, I must strongly disagree. On the night in question, our restaurant staff served 300 meals and was very well organised. I’m shocked you were dissatisfied with our breakfast. We offer our guests a self-serving continental breakfast includes a wide selection of cereals, fresh fruit and cheese plates along with fruit juices and tea or coffee. There is also a hot breakfast available if guests would prefer this. I apologise you were unhappy with the room you were allocated. However room 107 has a view of the main quays in the city not a side street. Although every effort is made to accommodate guests’ room preference we cannot guarantee you will receive this room. We were fully booked during your stay and the room you received previously was a family room which needed to be allocated to a small family staying with us that night. I’m sorry to see you found your meal unsatisfactory. We did indeed have Pork on the menu that evening but did not have Bacon so I’m unsure how you thought you were served bacon instead of pork.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. During our breakfast service our servers hand out Tripadvisor cards to our guests. It is not mandatory to complete a review and we certainly do not want our customers to feel it is. Feedback is always appreciated but only if the guests wants to give it.

Allison Rockett
North Oaks, Minnesota
Reviewed October 4, 2013

After a long travel day, this accommodation was less than what I was hoping for. Elevators built for 2 and a chopped up floor pla on each room floor. It seemed like you had to go through 4 building.gs to get to your room. Absolutely no air condition and with the window open the city noise was all night long. This is not a place I will come back to.

Room Tip: Close to the elevator if you can
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the feedback you’ve provided. I’m sorry to read it was not an enjoyable one. We strive to make every guests stay as memorable as possible.
In the hotel we do indeed have an elevator for 2 which is over sixty years old so, of course, small. However we also have a larger elevator which fits 8 people as is the normal standard for a hotel. Guests are free to use either of these. All of our air conditioning systems in the bedrooms are in perfect working order and are serviced regularly. However the air conditioning does not work when the windows are open. This is clearly stated in bold print above the air conditioning control in each bedroom. In regard to the street noise you experienced, we are a city centre hotel so unfortunately guests must expect a little street noise. To reduce the noise, closing the window has proven effective. It is a shame you did not contact reception with the issues you mentioned as they could have been dealt with quickly, leaving you to enjoy the remainder of our stay

I’m sorry you will not be returning to us but thank you for your feedback.

Allison Rockett
Osprey
Reviewed October 2, 2013

By the water across the street. Comfortable very old hotel. Ask for the newer wing. Great
location. Clean rooms. Elevators on both ends of hotel. Charming. There is some road construction down the street but being in the newer wing, we never heard it.

Room Tip: Ask for newer wing.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank OspreyLisaM
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted you had a pleasant and enjoyable visit with us. I’m thrilled you were able to appreciate how charming our hotel is. Although it has been modernised, we have tried to keep the original feel and character of this magnificent historic building here in Waterford City. Our location is always a favourite among guests. We are so fortunate to have our hotel only a short stroll away from the main shopping area of the city as well as having both the bus and train stations less than five minutes walk from us.

Once again thank you for your lovely comments and for the feedback you’ve provided.