“Great place to stay”

Treacys Hotel Waterford
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Staff we're very friendly and customer service was of a high standard. I was part or a large group,so was a lot to manage all at once. The overall consensus was that we were comfortable and we'll looked after.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Redrocker2013
Maria K, Sales and Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write this review on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted yourself and your group had a pleasant experience staying with us.

I’m thrilled you found our staff friendly and you thought our customer service was of a high standard. Our number one priority is our guests therefore we always strive to maintain and improve the service we provide. Our customer services manager Marian is always nearby to help in any way she can.

Once again, thank you for the feedback you've provided.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very little ambiance in the dining room but the food was great!
The staff were all outstandingly friendly and helpful. The pool and jacuzzi are faultless, exceptionally good for any hotel, let alone in this budget.
Our room was spacious, spotless and the beds and pillows perfect. The ensuite facilities were excellent given the rating.
I would unreservedly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: B block sounds uncool but rooms were very clean, spacious and close to pool and spa. I absolutely un...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Newbyexeter

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us and for also taking the time to share the experience you had with us. I’m thrilled to see you had an enjoyable time here at Treacy’s Hotel.

We are very proud of all the services we provide to our guests especially our facilities at Spirit Leisure Centre. I’m delighted you had the opportunity to avail of this service. I’m happy would were pleased with the room you were allocated. We do have a number of different room types available to suit a variety of needs and desires, all of which are contemporary in style while keeping their original charm. Thank you for your compliments on our food. Our chefs are some of the best around and love what they do so I look forward to passing on your comments.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. It is always such a pleasure to hear them.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Have just returned from a Coach Trip to Ireland and we stayed at Treacys Hotel on the first night of the trip and the last night. On the first night we were dealt with speedily and the evening meals was served very efficiently, bearing in mind that there were several other coaches at the hotel.
Very different when we returned on the last evening of our trip. Complete disorganisation. I had requested the room I had on the first evening which was next to my friend. On our return I was on the first floor and she was on the third floor. When I got to my room it was awful, very tiny and overlooking a side street which was very noisy (107). I went to reception and was greeted by a person who was not very friendly and I asked why my friend and I had not been given rooms as requested on the first evening. I could see on the sheet that we had been given rooms 202 and 204 and these had been crossed out. I was eventually given a room on the second floor which was much better and overlooking the river. Still away from my friend.

The evening meal was not very nice. I ordered the pork and it turned out to be boiled bacon!!

The breakfast was also not very inspiring. Also at breakfast we were given a card and asked to write a piece for them on Trip Adviser. Well this is what I have done. I do not need asking, if service is good I will say so without any prompting.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the main street and river
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Maria K, Sales and Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the feedback you've provided. I’m sorry you had an unpleasant visit with us.

I would like to take this opportunity to address some of the issues you raised in your review. In relation to the disorganisation you felt the hotel had, I must strongly disagree. On the night in question, our restaurant staff served 300 meals and was very well organised. I’m shocked you were dissatisfied with our breakfast. We offer our guests a self-serving continental breakfast includes a wide selection of cereals, fresh fruit and cheese plates along with fruit juices and tea or coffee. There is also a hot breakfast available if guests would prefer this. I apologise you were unhappy with the room you were allocated. However room 107 has a view of the main quays in the city not a side street. Although every effort is made to accommodate guests’ room preference we cannot guarantee you will receive this room. We were fully booked during your stay and the room you received previously was a family room which needed to be allocated to a small family staying with us that night. I’m sorry to see you found your meal unsatisfactory. We did indeed have Pork on the menu that evening but did not have Bacon so I’m unsure how you thought you were served bacon instead of pork.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. During our breakfast service our servers hand out Tripadvisor cards to our guests. It is not mandatory to complete a review and we certainly do not want our customers to feel it is. Feedback is always appreciated but only if the guests wants to give it.

Allison Rockett

Reviewed October 4, 2013

After a long travel day, this accommodation was less than what I was hoping for. Elevators built for 2 and a chopped up floor pla on each room floor. It seemed like you had to go through 4 building.gs to get to your room. Absolutely no air condition and with the window open the city noise was all night long. This is not a place I will come back to.

Room Tip: Close to the elevator if you can
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the feedback you’ve provided. I’m sorry to read it was not an enjoyable one. We strive to make every guests stay as memorable as possible.
In the hotel we do indeed have an elevator for 2 which is over sixty years old so, of course, small. However we also have a larger elevator which fits 8 people as is the normal standard for a hotel. Guests are free to use either of these. All of our air conditioning systems in the bedrooms are in perfect working order and are serviced regularly. However the air conditioning does not work when the windows are open. This is clearly stated in bold print above the air conditioning control in each bedroom. In regard to the street noise you experienced, we are a city centre hotel so unfortunately guests must expect a little street noise. To reduce the noise, closing the window has proven effective. It is a shame you did not contact reception with the issues you mentioned as they could have been dealt with quickly, leaving you to enjoy the remainder of our stay

I’m sorry you will not be returning to us but thank you for your feedback.

Allison Rockett

Reviewed October 2, 2013

By the water across the street. Comfortable very old hotel. Ask for the newer wing. Great
location. Clean rooms. Elevators on both ends of hotel. Charming. There is some road construction down the street but being in the newer wing, we never heard it.

Room Tip: Ask for newer wing.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank OspreyLisaM

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted you had a pleasant and enjoyable visit with us. I’m thrilled you were able to appreciate how charming our hotel is. Although it has been modernised, we have tried to keep the original feel and character of this magnificent historic building here in Waterford City. Our location is always a favourite among guests. We are so fortunate to have our hotel only a short stroll away from the main shopping area of the city as well as having both the bus and train stations less than five minutes walk from us.

Once again thank you for your lovely comments and for the feedback you’ve provided.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel is getting old but the staff was great and the rooms comfortable. It has some great views, and free wifi. The wifi was supposed to only work on the main floor but did work in the hall upstairs. The dinner we had was very good and the ladies serving it were great.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoloVictoriaBCCanada

Dear Guest

I’m delighted to hear your group enjoyed the meals ye were served. Our chefs love what they do and only source fresh, local produce to ensure a high standard of quality. We are pleased to offer our guests free WIFI within the hotel which is always very popular. I’m disappointed you feel the hotel is getting old. Although the hotel was originally built in the 18th Century, it has undergone some extensive modernisation while keeping the original charm and character intact.

Once again, thank you for the feedback you’ve provided. It is very much appreciated.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

we were given one of the newer rooms facing the back of the building and it was perfect: very clean, big, new furniture and comfy bed. location is perfect, 2 minutes walk from the train station and 10 minutes from the shopping area and Viking triangle. the hotel guests have free access to a leisure centre with nice and relaxing facilities. there are also discounts for the spa centre nearby. restaurant is good quality with nice service. would recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank DottorTorn

Dear Guest

Firstly I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and for the feedback you’ve provided. All feedback is greatly appreciated as it is with this we can constantly strive to improve the service we provided and meet our guests needs in a more efficient way.

I’m delighted you were pleased with the rooms you were allocated. Here at Treacy’s Hotel we have a wide selection of room types available to our guests, varying in size and decor to suit many different requirements. We are indeed located within a 5 minute walk from the local train and bus stations while still being a short stroll to the main shopping area of the city. Treacy’s Hotel is extremely proud of all the services we offer our guests including our Spirit Leisure Centre and Spirit Beauty Spa. Each of these can be accessed through the main hotel or by their own separate entrance outside. I’m delighted you had the opportunity to avail of these.
Once again, thank you for your kind comments. It is always a pleasure to pass them on to the rest of the staff.