Treacys Hotel Waterford
  • Restaurant
Granville Hotel(Waterford)
Woodlands Hotel(Waterford)
1,245 results
All reviewskids clubtracey's hotelleisure centrecoach tripgreat weekendsaturday nightlast weekendbar foodfood was lovelyenjoyable staybar staffstaff were lovelybit datedtop classboth nightsmariancraic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Myself and my mum stayed in treaceys hotel have to say its a brilliant hotel,the food was beautiful the staff were so friendly and helpfull especially marian the manager I would advice anyone to stayat this hotel

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Maria K, Sales & Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Gill,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your experience here at Treacys Hotel. I am delighted that you and your mam had a great stay with us and that you really enjoyed our food here. I will pass on your compliments to our head chef and kitchen team.

Thanks again for your lovely review.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Myself my boyfriend and another couple stayed here for valentines weekend...I have been in this hotel twice before and am heading back in September..this hotel is so nice the staff are so helpful and always go out of their way to help..the bar is always lively and always has something on the restaurant has gorgeous food..we went to the spa and enjoyed a massage and facial and then relaxed in the pool and jacuzzi... I cannot wait to come back again!

1  Thank Laura G

Dear Laura,

Thank you once again for another return trip to Treacys Hotel Waterford. We are delighted that we keep exceeding your expectations and that you return to us for more. It is always an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to your return in September.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at Treacy's hotel recently for a weekend. What a lovely relaxing weekend. The hotel is very central with free parking facilities nearby which we were informed about on check in. Our room was very comfortable but it did lack a view (we were looking out over the back with only walls to see) however as we did'nt specify anything when booking this was not the fault of the hotel. Our deal included dinner on one evening and the food was very good as was the service. Breakfast was self service and could not be faulted and a complimentary newspaper was included. But we think the best thing going for this hotel is the staff, from check in to check out each and every staff member was extremely friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble and everything was done with a smile. Overall great value for money, great atmosphere and we will definitely consider returning to stay in Treacy's again.

1  Thank ursula b

Dear Ursula,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your kind words. We are delighted that you truly had a great experience with us and that you enjoyed all facilities we have here on offer. We are extremely privileged to have such a fantastic team working here at Treacys Hotel. I will pass on your compliments to all departments, everybody will be ecstatic. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Let me start by saying that the best thing about this hotel is the staff. They were always helpful and a pleasure to deal with from the moment we arrived.

My boyfriend and I go for weekends away quite a lot, but never anything too fancy and we are always on a budget and looking for deals.
We stayed in treacys hotel for 2 nights and got a deal of 2 nights B and B and one evening meal for quite a good price but to be honest I still feel like we were ripped off!
Usually we would never complain and wouldn't be very fussy at all but I can safely say that treacys is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
Our room was TINY, the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in by far. Small and cramped and dark and definitely not suitable as a double room and there was a horrible smell of damp in the room. The bathroom was small, the hot water was only luke warm at best and the toilet didn't flush properly.
When we first arrived we noticed something that looked like blood or rust on the top of the duvet, we asked at reception for this too be changed and they were very apologetic and got it done straight away. When we came back to the room the duvet had been changed but the new duvet had a hole in it, nothing major really, just annoying when we had already had to ask for it to be changed.

our evening meal, that was included in the price on the deal we got, we had on the first night and it was appalling, if I was in a restaurant and hadn't already paid cash when checking in i probably would have walked out! We had a very long wait for our orders to be taken, drinks and food to be brought out etc. the staff were again very apologetic and told us that it was because there was a function on in the function room, which to be honest isn't really good enough, if there is a function on they should have had more staff on to accommodate this. When the food did come out it certainly wasn't worth the long wait, flavourless, over cooked, cold and bland.

The next morning we went down for breakfast, hoping this might be better. It wasn't. The breakfast is served in a buffet, help yourself style. The pudding was undercooked, no selection of breads, only white or brown sliced pan and even this was stale. there was only one toaster so you had a long queue if you wanted toast. the " fruit selection" consisted of prunes, melon and tinned pineapple, not very exciting at all. Best thing about it was the coffee!

On our 2nd night the smoke alarms started going off at half 2 in the morning and again at 8 in the morning, and in fairness when we were checking out the staff were again very apologetic and said it was beyond their control which is understandable and gave us a 20 euro voucher off our next stay, not that I'd ever come back!!! On top of our already noisy night, on our last morning there were builders in the corridor right outside our room so there was a lot of banging and noise which started at 10 am and so it was not the relaxing end to our stay we had hoped for.

Overall I really can't speak highly enough of the staff in this hotel they were really accommodating, friendly and helpful, but management and owners of this hotel are clearly trying to save money by doing things on the cheap which shines through! Would definitely not be back nor recommend this place to a friend. Certainly not the luxury accommodation or one of the best hotels in Waterford that they claim to be!

2  Thank T_D1987
Maria K, Sales & Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your experience at our hotel. All feedback is greatly appreciated as it is with this that we can help improve the quality and service at our hotel.

As mentioned in your review we are extremely privileged and lucky to have such amazing people working here at Treacys Hotel. Our team are always friendly and helpful to all guests and regularly get complimented on their great work. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff members.

I am however sorry for what appears to have been a disappointing stay with us. Treacys Hotel was originally built in the mid 18th Century and with recent modernization we have tried to retain the charm of the building for this reason we do have a variety of sizes of rooms. We do try accommodate our guests as best as possible and if we were aware that you were very unhappy with your room we would of done our utmost to change this for you.

We out-source the washing of all our linen. We undertook tests to analysis the stain that was found on your bed sheet and found it was indeed rust. This spot of rust may have got in contact with your linen when it was removed from the washing machine and when it was in close contact with large machines. I apologies for our oversight on this matter. I have spoken to head of housekeeping on this issue which will be taken very seriously.

As you will see from other reviews we have received very positive positive feedback for our food offering especially the food in our restaurant. I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy yours. We are at present in the middle of changing around our breakfast room and making our buffet breakfast easier to navigate around. I have raised your issues on our food to our head chief who is going to look into the matter.

It is unfortunate that our smoke alarms were set off in the early hours of the morning. I apologies for the inconsiderate guests who were smoking in an undesignated area. We do have deterrents in place to prevent guests smoking however they do not always work. We are duty bound to provide our guests with a safe nights sleep.

Once again please accept my apologies, and I do hope you will return to us again in the very near future and afford us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the service we provide.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went on a hen party to this hotel recently, some mixed reviews on tripadvisor so hadn't sent my sights too high, but have to say, this hotel definitely exceeded my expectations. Lovely reception area with lovely staff to check you in. The rooms are clean and a good size. When we were seeking out our room, we came across Marion, from Customer Services, who brought us to our room and was very helpful. She told us she was back on duty at 6pm if we needed anything. Some of our group had spa treatments and really enjoyed the experience while the pool area is lovely, Good atmosphere in the bar in the evening, with live music, the hotel was full so plenty of people around. Our package included a three course meal, which was lovely, served by very friendly and pleasant staff. As the hotel was appeared full, breakfast was very busy, but Marion was again on hand to assist everyone and keep things moving, as a result while it was busy, there was no delay in getting a table or food. Would recommend this hotel and hope to stay here again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leewicklow

Dear Lee,

Many thanks for your kind words.We are delighted that you and your group enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope you all have a fantastic day at the wedding and wish the bride and groom many happy years together.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.