“Great for a romantic weekend!”

Treacys Hotel Waterford
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Dublin, Ireland
“Great for a romantic weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2008

I stayed in Days hotel Waterford last weekend for valentines with my girlfriend. We stayed on a 2 night package including 1 evening meal, it was quite reasonable! The hotel has been newly refurbished and our room was lovely & quite spacious.The tv's were great , plasmas in the bedroom!
The reception was very nice & staff there couldnt be more helpful.We had our dinner in the restaurant on the Saturday night , it was busy but still romantic, the service & food was excellent.I would reccommend this hotel for value & service.Its's nice to still receive traditional Irish hospitality!!!

• Liked — The room was class
  • Disliked — it's very city centre - though you could drive out of the city in 5 mins
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Polish first
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2008

I had lived in Wateford before, and the old Bridge Hotel had a terrible reputation to be a dive, and just somewhere you wouldn't normally recommend. When I had to return to Waterford last weekend the Bridge Hotel, now the Days Inn, was my last choice, and I wasn't looking forward to having to stay there at all. But I'm delighted to say I was totally wrong about it! We got a warm welcome on arrival, and could see the bar was lively and couldn't wait to get down to it.
They have completely refurbished the hotel, and our bedroom was lovely, done to a really high standard. Wonderfully comfortable bed and perfect furnishings, with an iron and board in the room, such a nice touch.
I was worried about the noise from the street but the window was completely sound-proof, and opened wide to enjoy the beautiful view of the river if you wanted.
Overall I have to say that I'm looking forward to another weekend in Waterford, and I'll definitely choose The Days Inn for my accommodation again. I really hope they lose the stigma attached to the old Bridge Hotel and people realise how great a hotel it now is, and how proud all the staff members seem to be of it.
A well deserved two thumbs up!

• Liked — Everything! Comfy bed, view, service, value for money...
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rosetose
tipperary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2007

Having stayed in the days hotel in Kilkenny a few months earlier (an experience we very much enjoyed) We decided to stay at the Days Hotel Waterford when we visited the city for a Christmas party which was als0 going to be held at the hotel,The first thing we noticedwas that the hotel does not have its own car parking and instead your are offered a parking pass for a multistory cark park about 5 minutes away for the price of 5euro for the duration of your stay. the down sound of this is your are expected to collect the parking pass before you go to the car park which can prove a hassle due to getting on street parking near the hotel .on entering the hotel the decor is very nice and the receptionist was very friendly.the rooms were similar to the kilkenny hotel and quite spacious and comfortable on the friday night we had dinner in the hotel restaurant the decor of which was very nice but the service was very poor and the menue was very basic infact the following nite we ate from the bar menu in the adjoining bar and found the bar menu offerd a lot more choice than the restaurant menu. all in all after the great experience we had at the kilkenny Days hotel we found that waterford Days a big disapointment and its hard to believe there both part of the same franchise!we definitely wouldnt stay there again!

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — the restaurant
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank southernalliance

Travelers are raving about these Waterford hotels

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2007

After driving around the Irish country side for the day my boyfriend and I ended up in Waterford. We had not booked a room for the night and ended up finding one available at the Days Hotel Waterford. The lobby looked nice and there was a pleasant pub attached. When we got to our room the happiness with our choice was long gone. It looked like something that was right out of a horror movie, the room that everyone gets killed in. It was not very clean and the door that was on our side to the connecting room was unlocked. There was also a ceiling access pannel - our room was on the first floor. We decided to stick it out since it was only for one night. About an hour later some type of nightclub opened up below our room. The music was so loud and you could feel the base. We called the front dest to change rooms and they were very nice about it. Even though the next room we got was much better than that first I would NEVER stay there again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everythng
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dawnmeister
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2007

We stayed at this hotel last weekend, The hotel has a very relaxed athmosphere and very helpful staff. The amenities like the tea/coffeee facilities, flat screen T.V., free wireless broadband were excellant. The music in the bar was great and got a real old singsong going. Food was good and the bar menu was great good value for money. The hotel was only about 5 mins from the city center.

Overall a delightful experience!!!!!!
Would definitely stay there again

• Liked — The rooms were very big and airy
  • Disliked — Parking was charged
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
6 Thank josh13
Cork
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2007

We travelled to a wedding in Waterford in September and needed somewhere to stay last minute. This hotel was recommended as being quite reasonable. The advertised price was 90 euros but when we arrived we were told there was only one room left and it was 150 euros. We did not mind paying extra but expected a nice room for this. As we were in a rush to the wedding we did not view the room until we returned at 1.30am. Outside the door was a non smoking sign but on entering our room the smell of cigarettes was very strong. There was an empty cigerette box and butt on the floor. The nose from the busy road outside was also very loud and we could hear our neighbours television through the wall at 2am. As we had been told this was the last room we did not complain until the following morning. The staff were extremely rude and abrupt and did not offer any compensation. This was a most unpleasant experience and I would definately not recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Not Clean
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Castleview30
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2007

The text below was the email I sent to Days hotel. I did not get any satisfaction at all from them.

let me start by saying that our holidays are spent around Ireland staying in various hotels in various counties.

We stayed in Days Hotel Waterford last weekend - arriving Sat 2nd June departing Mon 4th. This was the first time we stayed in any Days Hotels and I must say I was very very disappointed. We have stayed in many hotels around Ireland but this hotel really does not live up to what it advertises on the Internet.

Firstly, the phrase "you couldn't swing a cat" comes to mind when I saw the room. It was tiny. There was 2 single beds (the room was booked as a double). The staff changed the bedding to make it a double bed. There was no table, one chair which is very annoying considering we always have the breakfast in the room. The pictures on the Internet have all rooms advertised as having a table and chairs.

The staff in general were courteous.

On our last day, we ordered breakfast at 10 (which arrived at 9:45) just as I sat on the bed to eat my breakfast (nowhere else to sit!) there was a knock on the door (it was 9:55). I asked if I could help, it was the girls wanting the clean the room. They asked "when are you vacating the room". I really couldn't believe it, we just got the breakfast and they were asking us when we were leaving. by in mind checkout time is 12:00

I have photos of the room we stayed (room 253).

I really would like an explanation as to why the rooms advertised on the Internet are different to the actual rooms in the hotel.

I await hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Anne Melly