“Hen weekend 25th - 27th May”

Treacys Hotel Waterford
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Hen weekend 25th - 27th May”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed at the hotel over the weekend of 25th - 27th May for my sister's hen weekend. I had booked the weekend direct with the hotel and from the very first contact I had I was highly impressed. The staff could not have been more helpful with all my requirements and I made contact with them quite a few times for different things changing rooms, times etc and each and everytime the staff where helpful, polite and patient! Before going away for the weekend I had read some reviews which did concern me as I wanted this weekend to be special for my sister, one she would never forget!! I need not have worried, we arrived around 2pm and got checked in staright away, again by very helpful receptionists. All our rooms where close together and although they where a bit of a maze to find you cannot fault a hotel for being big and it was quite amusing at times. What really made this weekend for us was the personal touch from some staff, We had booked a cocktail master class with the hotel and our lovely bar man was Rob, being stuck in a room with a group of 10 hens could be challenge for some men but Rob was very relaxed and easy to get on with. He had us all in fits of laughter and made us some delicious cocktails, as did we for him! We then met Marian during the cocktail class who then escorted us to our dinner in Crokers. Marian was an absolutely lovely lady who made us feel very welcome throughout our stay. We also had treatments in the spa and again all the staff where lovely and our treatments where fantastic! I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone, hen parties, family, relaxing weekend, what ever the ocassion this hotel is highly recomended, in a lovely part of Waterford!! Thank you so soo much to Marian, Rob and the rest of the staff at the hotel!! We had a better weekend than we could have imagined!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear Stefanie,

It is fantastic to read that your hen group had a wonderful time at our hotel! We do understand how hard it is to orgainise a hen party and how important it is to have everything just right, not only for your sister but also for the rest of the group too. I am delighted that you found all that here at Treacy's Hotel. It is great to hear that you really enjoyed the cocktail master class with Rob and that Marian was on hand throughout your stay to help with any queries. You are right to say that we have great staff here at Treacy’s Hotel and that we all work extremely hard to ensure guests have a superb stay.

Once again thank you for your kind words and your recent stay with us. We hope you all have a great time at the wedding and we look forward to welcoming you all again soon.

Treacy's Hotel Spa & Leisure Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Polish first
Kinsale, Ireland
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed in Treacy's in March of last year and while the hotel was lovely the customer service and staff attitude's left a lot to be desired. We decided to book again as with regard to value for money Treacys is the best in Waterford. 2 night's B&B and an evening meal for €104 per person, for a city centre hotel this is an exceptionally good package. Our experience of the staff and hotel in general was much improved; we stayed in what seemed to be a newly decorated room which was lovely. The reception and waiting staff although busy at all times especially during check in/check out and breakfast/dinner times seemed to cope extremely well and the system they used was efficient and well organised. There is now a customer service representative; a must in any hotel organisation - Marian who seemed to be busy any time I saw her. When we needed a taxi to pick us up and drop us to our restaurant, Marian arranged this for us as the front desk was busy dealing with guests. Overall our 2nd experience of this hotel was a massive improvement from the first. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AoifeMcD
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear Aoife,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. All feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm delighted to hear that you had a lovely stay with us and that you found Treacy's Hotel to be great value for money. I am happy to here that on your most recent stay with us that you found staff lovely. I am disappointed to read that on your initial visit you this was not the case however I am pleased that you found an improvement on your second visit.

Once again thank you for your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Travelled from Donegal all the way to Waterford for family confirmation, and could not find fault with this hotel. the staff who appeared o be working extremely hard, and very busy, stopped to assist when we requested simple services such as sandwiches to the room.
Massive hotel - layout unique, great exploration for my children!
Possibly better directions to such places as leisure centre etc. Also, possibly better directions needed to their free car park.
Prices were great value for money. The hotel bar and lobby had great atmosphere and good craic! Myself and my wife were able to enjoy the music in the bar while the kids enjoyed the kids club until bed time. Definitely reccomend, and would be back there when next in Waterford.

Room Tip: Look for the new wing of the hotel, if its not already full.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Charles John O
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Charles John,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for taking the time out to review your time at our hotel. I'm delighted that you and your family really enjoyed your stay with us. You are right to say that staff at Treacy's Hotel work extremely hard and are very helpful. It is lovely to see staff get such recognition.

Thank you for your comments on better signage...we are currently working on this.

Once again thank you for your stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel recently and I must say it was such a good experience. I have read many reviews on this website which were diminishing the name of this wonderful hotel. Don't pay any attention to them. People conyed that the staff were rude, I can honestly say I have never been greeted with such a warm welcome. All the staff were very pleasant, so I don't know where they got that idea from. They are much nicer than some staff in other hotels in munster I have stayed in. A certain member of staff in another hotel I have stayed in was more interested in objectifying me than doing his job. This would never happon in Treacys, in my opinion. I feel i was treeted like an invidual here.The food is very tasty and well presented and the sauce etc. were all neatly placed on the tables in the bar, which is very cosy. The rooms are so nicely decorated and they look so well and everything matches so well. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are lovely and warm. I will definitely return. I was very impressed.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank JenniferMKavanagh93
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. All staff here work very hard so it is great to see staff receiving such a glowing review form you. I'm delighted that really enjoyed every aspect of our hotel from our food to our rooms.

Once again thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stayed in this wonderful hotel and were graciously greeted on our arrival and nothing was too much trouble. All members of staff we met were fantastic and offered fantastic Irish hospitality, plus they went out of their way to assist us when we need medical assistance. The meals were wonderful and filling. The location is great and everywhere is accessible from the hotel. This hotel was our introduction to Ireland and remains in our minds as a fantastic introduction to Ireland. Well done.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris P
Dear Chris,

I'm delighted to hear that you really enjoyed the Irish hospitality at our hotel. We do love to engage with our guests and offer them the best holiday possible. I'm trilled that you loved our food too. We hope you continue to have a great holiday in Ireland and thank you for taking the time out of your holiday to review your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed May 1, 2012

i have waited 2 days to post this review as i wanted time to deliberate on my experience of this hotel.....alas here it is.......we did not even get past reception! we had booked this hotel the week before and booked by telephone as i like to deal with people personally and find out everything i want to know rather than trawling through pages on the internet. of course first question we asked, is there a pool, answer yes....check. is there parking facility, yes but its not onsite but a 2 minute drive and a 4 minute walk back to hotel( i should have hung up at this stage!), but was informed there a was a parking bay outside which would allow us to pull in and unload and then park up for the evening. dear oh dear nothing could be further from the truth. arrived at our destination to find that indeed there is a parking bay outside but unfortunately all cars in this area were parked up and looked like they were they and they were not moving(mostly waterford plates) it seems its not a temporary parking bay for guests but basically a parking bay for whoever was lucky enough to get one(fair plays to those who did get a space i might add!) but for the typical tourist like us hoping to spend our hoildays at home rather than abroad and doing our little bit for the economy then tough crap, you snooze you lose........this seemed to be the attitude from the receptionist whom i spoke to after basically hopping our car off the possibly3/4 foot high kerbing to enable us to park basically half on/ half off the road right at the top of the road at a traffic lights!! on entering i questioned her on the possibility of an alternative parking place to unload as it was teeming rain and we had a 4 year......DEAR GOD DID I ASK THE WRONG QUESTION! the reply i got was.....do you want me to go out and physically move the cars for ya!!( as you can see empathy for a customer was minimal. I preceded to ask was the area for hotel guests to pull into and unload or not...answer....yes. next question...does the parking spaces belong to hotel.......answer....they do. next question why the bloody hell is it so hard to manage it and just keep it for guests then.( i admit i asked with an expletive use of english), then lord above she turned again and said she did not have to listen to 'THE LIKES OF ME' after using the F word when i asked could they not manage a few F'/.,king car spaces for jesus sakes. after walking away to go talk to my wife i said i would go park the car and return (very wet) in 5 minutes and continue on with attempted holiday. hopped in car and drove off to find the elusive car space provided for me basically no where near the hotel, then arrived at the entrance of car park only to find a sign stating the open hours to be( cant remember opening hours) but closing hours were stated as 7pm monday to thursday but NO BLOODY WEEKEND HOURS GIVEN!!!! looked at watch and found the time be 6.30pm and thought to myself there is a strong possibility that if i put car in i might not get it out!!(had plans for dinner and needed to drive there). drove back down to hotel livid at this stage to find out what actual time it closed at! hopped car again off footpath and basically parked in the middle of the road at the traffic lights again and entered hotel to be met by a tut from receptionist as if to say.....that idiot back and then asked what time car park closed at only to be met by the eyes to heaven attempt and a cursory response. my wife called me(still sitting in lobby with 4 year old) and sat there with jaw open as she preceded to tell me that the receptionist had done nothing but run me down to duty manager and continually referred to me 'as your man over there'. at this stage enough is enough, picked up mobile called the the tower hotel down the road and begged them to give me a room, they had only 1 room left with 2 single beds available, looked across at the scowling receptionist and thought to myself id rather sleep on their hotel floor rather than a bed in this one. went to receptionist told her of decision to not stay in hotel and handed back room keys only to be met by her reply of.....'no problem( not even an attempt to try retain the custom). then asked to speak to the duty manager who at this stage knew there was a issue but decided he would rather stay out of it and basically do the opposite of what a manager should do...'meet the problem head on and try fix it, but it in this hotel i was probably expecting way to much. finally spoke to him and it was obvious he had listened to the version of events she had given and seemed like a deer in the headlights, no clue what to do. expected a phone call from senior management over the last 2 days as i thought surely any hotel that has a guest walk out after just checking in then there must have been a serious problem......NOT AT TREACYS HOTEL!!!! i have traveled to many countries and stayed in lots of hotels but congratulations to M the receptionist and P the duty manager you guys have pushed all the buttons and basically blown all the opposition away and taken the coveted WORST PLACE I HAVE BEEN TO IN MY LIFE AWARD. SO STEP UP AND AND TAKE A BOW, YOU HAVE DONE TREACYS AND WATERFORD PROUD.... to the staff at the tower. thank you thank you thank you. we enjoyed our stay and we enjoyed giving you or hard earned money oh and thanks collen the manager who on hearing about our experience and also on the lack of a 3rd bed in our room promptly rang our room and said she would have a 3rd bed placed in our room in 15 minutes.....you see folks the difference.....one bends over backwards and helps and one just lies over the counter basically saying i dont give a crap. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank harryholiday36
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear Harry,
Firstly I am delighted to hear that on booking with our hotel that you received all correct information on both our leisure facilities and on hotel parking. Again I would like to reiterate what both our receptionist and manger told you, yes the loading bay at the front of our hotel (which holds up to four cars) does belong to our hotel however unfortunately we cannot control how people park outside.
I do believe that nothing was going your way on the Sunday you arrived at our hotel. I can understand that your four hour journey from Sligo in awful weather conditions caused you great annoyance. Your wife did state to our receptionist when you were in our carpark "that it had been a long journey". The terrible teeming rain and your frustration at not immediately getting a car space outside our hotel caused you great anger along with the size of the kerbing. All this anger in you was fully taken out on our receptionist. We can not control the weather which you speak about through out your review nor can we control the size of the kerbing either. You arrived at our hotel livid. Our receptionist stood no chance with you.
Your quote from our receptionist "Do you want me to go out and physically move the cars for ya!!!" is complete lies and fabrication on your part. Our receptionist not only checked your wife & daughter into our hotel with no problem she also gave you all parking options providing you with a map too. On arriving at our carpark you were so irate from the dealings of your day that you could not even read carpark opening hours which clearly state 7am - 10pm.
Again you arrived back to our hotel from the carpark (200m away) completely furious and completely soaked from the rain. You then began to use abusive language towards our receptionist. Language that no employee should ever have to tolerate from anybody. We do not and will not accept intimidation on our staff.
I do hope and can only assume that you treated the staff at the Tower Hotel in a better manner that you did here. We do have video coverage of your time with us which clearly shows how difficult you were to deal with. It is unfortunate that you did not get to your room or get to enjoy all facilities and aspects of our hotel.

Regards,
Sales & Marketing

Travelers are raving about these Waterford hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The hotel is quite nice ad has some lovely facilities,including the sauna and spa. The hotel bar was great and quite reasonably priced. The main restaurant was also very good.
However, other guests were incredibly noisy,especially early in the morning and late at night. Some consideration from them would have been good, especially as the walls in the hotel are so thin. On occasion it sounded as if they were actually in our room. Two guests had a row the one night which continued for some time. The room was also incredibly hot with no way of turning the temperature down. The thermostat was already at 0!
Swimming caps are needed for the hotel pool, which is a real pain and put me off swimming.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank welsh_lass_12
Maria K, Manager at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear Welsh_lass_12,

I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel & our hotel facilities lovely. It is great that you noticed the great value for money in our bar here at Treacy's Hotel. I'm happy you also enjoyed food here in Crokers Restaurant too.

I'm sorry to read that wearing a swimming hat put you off swimming. There is a number of reasons why we request swimming hats to be worn, firstly for hygienic reasons and secondly as it makes it easier for our lifeguards to identify all swimmers in the pool. It is in the best interest of our guests that we ensure swimming hats are worn.

I apologies for noisy guests that interrupted your sleep and that your room was incredibly hot. We encourage all guests to contact reception if they have any kind of a problem so that we can rectify the issue straight away. ]

I would like to thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time out to review our hotel .

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.