“Good location but very noisy”

Treacys Hotel Waterford
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The hotel is quite nice ad has some lovely facilities,including the sauna and spa. The hotel bar was great and quite reasonably priced. The main restaurant was also very good.
However, other guests were incredibly noisy,especially early in the morning and late at night. Some consideration from them would have been good, especially as the walls in the hotel are so thin. On occasion it sounded as if they were actually in our room. Two guests had a row the one night which continued for some time. The room was also incredibly hot with no way of turning the temperature down. The thermostat was already at 0!
Swimming caps are needed for the hotel pool, which is a real pain and put me off swimming.

2  Thank welsh_lass_12
Maria K, Manager at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear Welsh_lass_12,

I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel & our hotel facilities lovely. It is great that you noticed the great value for money in our bar here at Treacy's Hotel. I'm happy you also enjoyed food here in Crokers Restaurant too.

I'm sorry to read that wearing a swimming hat put you off swimming. There is a number of reasons why we request swimming hats to be worn, firstly for hygienic reasons and secondly as it makes it easier for our lifeguards to identify all swimmers in the pool. It is in the best interest of our guests that we ensure swimming hats are worn.

I apologies for noisy guests that interrupted your sleep and that your room was incredibly hot. We encourage all guests to contact reception if they have any kind of a problem so that we can rectify the issue straight away. ]

I would like to thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time out to review our hotel .

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Used this hotel for a stop over on the way to Killarney. Service was good as were our meals .
The hotel is right on the river front and a fair walk to the Waterford Glass factory outlet but not far from town centre which was lovely, so clean and mainly pedestrianised. Only real complaint is that the water was less then tepid in the morning so had a very cool shower!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review our hotel. I'm delighted to hear that you felt service here at Treacy's Hotel is great and food is lovely too. I would have to agree with you that we are situated in a great location with beautiful views of the River Suir. I'm sorry to hear that water from shower was only tepid. If the hotel was aware of this we could have resolved the issue straight away.

Once again thank you for your stay with us and for your feedback given.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Three rooms later we finally got an acceptable room. The first simply smelled. Moved to the one next door, which seemed ok until after dinner (when the waiter John Treacy was counting rolls - "a third"? I had had 2 and was asking for more for others) - Patrick is a kind and smiling wonderful part of dinner - ack to the third room when we found blood stains on the sheets and pillow cases (I did take pictures). On to the third room. Beds uncomfortable, noise from outside too loud - can't imagine if the windows had actually been open! - breakfast was not good. Floors squeak everywhere and nothing is level. Happy to leave and will never return. Other reviews talk about the need for upgrade and the owner's response is that this is an old Irish theme - yes, indeed, old Irish from the 60s. An upgrade is sorely needed - believe the reviews.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel or stay home.
5  Thank Mary S

We stayed on Saturday the 14th March 2012
We arrived to a very grumpy receptionist, we told her after using the toilets in the lobby that two of the toilets were blocked and she just looked at us as if she could not care less, we were delighted to return back to hotel to find a lovely very helpful girl on reception on the Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.
Rooms in block B are very confusing and hard to get to your room. We got confused each time we returned to our room and we were sober. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.The bar food was lovely and plenty of food but the bar was cold. The breakfast was disappointing, the food was plentiful but not hot, just warm. All the eggs were hard and even the fresh ones that arrived were the same.No staff serving teas or toast, you help yourself to everything. No nice pastries for breakfast the choice was just bread.We are planning a group booking with this hotel later in the year but on two minds now as some of the group are elderly and not very mobile and breakfast would cause a problem because of the self service.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hilly2338
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear Hilly2338,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review our hotel. It is only with such feedback that we can improve the quality and service at our hotel.
I'm delighted to hear that you where really happy with your hotel room and that you found bar food lovely. I am sorry to hear that you arrived to a grumpy receptionist. We pride ourselves on fantastic customer service so needless to say we are taking this matter very seriously. I would also like to thank you for informing us of the problem in toilets.
I am sorry to hear that you found it difficult getting to your room in Block B, Marian, head of customer service would of been delighted to show you the best and quickest way to your room. I apologise if Marian was not available but a number of other staff members are always available to show you to your room.
I am glad that you found plenty of food at breakfast but disappointed that food was only just warm. We have great reputation for food and we want to keep it that way. I have spoken to our head chef on this matter.
In regards to your group booking later this year, we can accommodate for any need or wish from guests as long as we are notified in advance. If you would like to discuss in further details please do not hesitate to contact me on 051-877222 or sales@thwaterford.com.
Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Have just come back from a great overnight stay in Treacys in Waterford. It is a lovely hotel. We were upgraded to a beautiful room in Block B. Could not fault it. It was lovely. From the time that we checked in to the hote, to the time that we checked out, we had no complaints. Ate in the bar part of the hotel during the day and it was lovely. Car parking in the multi story car park a couple of streets away was great too. No problems with it. Marion - head of customer service thanked both my husband and myself for staying with them when we were checking out- which I thought was nice and asked if we will be back. Will definitely go back again and I would not have any hesitations in recommending this hotel to anyone. Location for buses or trains is excellent also. Right on the quays. Overall the experience that we had in this hotel was faultless and the management should be very proud of their staff they way that they operate in the hotel. Common courtesy doesnt take a lot but it definitely means so much.

1  Thank Skinny132

Dear Olivea,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your stay at our hotel. I'm delighted to hear that you will definitely be back to stay with us and that you could not find fault with our hotel. It is great to read such a motivating review of our hotel. All management and staff work extremely hard and it is lovely to see our guests notice this too.
Once again thank you for your stay with us, it was an absolute pleasure to have you with us!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend with my partner. It is a nice hotel on arriving receptionist very professional and was so helpful all weekend her name was sharon. The room was nice and we used the pool and our dinner was lovely. the hotel is close to shops and we had a god time in the bar. would be back

1  Thank sarah o

Dear Sarah,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your stay at Treacy's Hotel. I am delighted that you will definitely be back with us. I'm happy that you enjoyed your room and facilities at our hotel. It's great to hear that you found staff very helpful and friendly.
Once again thank you for your recent stay with us and for you kind words.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Very nice hotel. Nice and clean rooms. Food is Excellent Plenty on plate. TV in room not all channels work and one's that do go sometimes. I had bus with me was lucky to get parking as coach parking was full of cars at rear of hotel. Most of the Bar staff were great. I had to wait 10mins before my food order was taken was told be with you in a min twice. Other than that we had a good stay. I will be back again.

Room Tip: Was in room over bar very noisy not good room if you're having early night.
1  Thank Magoo80

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you really liked our hotel and found food to be excellent. I'm sorry to hear that you could not get parking at the back of hotel in the coach area. I'm not sure why this was the case. When we are aware of buses coming to our hotel we do our utmost to ensure that there is parking available.
We are experiencing a few problems with our TV reception at the moment. This is due to the changeover to Saorview. I know a lot of hotels are experiencing the same problem. However if you informed reception we can sort this problem for you.
I am sorry to hear that you had to wait 10mins before your food order was taken. I can only assume that this was due to bar being busy. It is very rare that any customer would need to wait that long. After your long wait I am delighted to hear that you loved our food.
Once again thank you very much for your recent stay with us and your kind words.