“Disaster”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Cork, Ireland
“Disaster”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Was unfortunate to be booked into this hotel by a family member. Arrived tired and weary, left more tired and weary. reception more interested in collecting E 62.50 P.p E125 overnigth than our comfort.
Room was small , toilet wouldn't flush and unable to "Sleep" due to vibration underneath room, Eventually moved to another COLD room in our night attire where we got some sleep.
Nobody interested in customers and no reduction for a very uncomfortable experience.
Would look after us on next visit. No Thanks!!
. S .Geaney

Room Tip: Didn't find anything
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Niamhy790
Maria K, Manager at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Hi Niamh760,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All reviews are very helpful and appreciated. I'm disappointed that you didn't find our staff here courteous and friendly and that your room facilities were not working properly. This is not standard practice in our hotel. I would love if you could take a few more minutes of your time to go through with me all details of your stay. My email address is sales@thwaterford.com if you could contact me on that.
Thanks again for your review.
Treacy's Hotel Waterford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Eire
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Having read the reviews after I booked a special offer for this hotel I was a bit apprehensive. The rooms were small and basic but clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Had a meal included in price and didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised. I paid a €5 supplement for my monk fish but it was worth it. The food was devine. The pool area was small but adequate. Overall very good value for a city centre hotel.

Room Tip: I would expect rooms at the front to be noisy.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SylviaDublin
Maria K, Manager at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Hi Fiona,
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you found our staff very helpful and friendly and you found our food fantastic. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I went down with my girlfriend for the weekend in Waterford and we had a wonderful time down in Treacy’s Hotel. It was very reasonable priced accommodation with wonderful facilities. The rooms were clearly recently refurbished as they were in top class shape. The new spa and leisure centre was great too. I personally loved the pool (and Jacuzzi!J) and my girlfriend really enjoyed the spa treatments. The location of the hotel was fantastic too. It was literally the closet building to the train station which made the travelling from Dublin so easy! It is still in the city centre so we didn’t need to get taxi’s anywhere. One other thing I found great was that there was music every night we were there and even on Sunday morning which was a first for me!

All round it was a great stay which I would highly recommend.

Hi Seamus,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your kind words. I'm trilled you found our facilities top notch, our rooms wonderful and our city centre location just what you were looking for.
We look forward to welcoming you and your girlfriend again soon.

Treacy's Hotel Wateford
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights everything was nice check in staff sharon was friendly and helpful and dealt with her through out my stay food good free car park and nice pool would go again

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank goldballs
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your lovely review. I'm delighted you found our facilities great and our staff courteous. We look forward to welcoming you again.
PA
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed at Treacy's for one night with a Trafalgar tour. My bed was visibly broken - thought I was going to roll off into the sea. No one was at the desk, so no help. Sleep was impossible. Next day I found out that someone else had the exact same problem. Waited at the reception desk for over a half hour, but no one showed up. The light on the desk was broken and I couldn't reach the shower water nozzles without standing in the tub (hence scalding my feet). bad news.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your valuable feedback on our hotel. All reviews are greatly appreciated. From my research of the night in question, your Trafalgar tour arrived in the middle of the night. At this time we have only one member of staff manning the reception desk and this is the night porter. The time that you were waiting at reception was the time our night porter was busy unloading your coach.
I apologies sincerely for the problem with your bed and lamp that we were unaware of on the night. I really wish that we had become aware of these issues on the night as we certainly would have transferred you into a more suitable room.
I would like to speak to you again about your stay at our hotel. If you wish to do so you can contact me at sales@thwaterford.com.
Thanks again for your stay with us and your review.
Treacy's Hotel Waterford

Travelers are raving about these Waterford hotels

belfast
Reviewed October 10, 2011

had the misfortune of having to stay in this hotel unexpectedly.
had to pay flat room rate and was late when i got there.
the hotel and bar was very busy with what looked like a mixture of hen and stag parties and associated drunks loitering around the doorway smoking.
that normally doesnt bother me but i dont think a hotel should allow smoking at its entrance for the bar customers , myself and other guests had to try get around them all with bags and that.
check in was brisk and all had to be paid in advance , i can understand that with the damage all those hen and stag parties might cause.
car parking was offered but was a few blocks away in a shopping centre so of no use to me on a saturday night plus it sounded one of those annoying ones where you had to get the ticket validated anytime you wanted to use your car.
the room i was in was tiny , the TV didnt work , the bathroom was small and had no toiletries.
the bed was comfortable enough and the room was very dark with the lights out and surprisingly quiet given the commotion downstairs in the bar.
however this was short lived.
what seemed like an endless troupe of drunkards marching up and down the corridors all night put and end to any chance of a sleep.
it was 3am and i went to the lobby to get a drink of water and the bar was in full swing and a load of people crashed out in the lobby.
around 5 am it seemed to quieten down in the corridor but then someone opened my room and walked in cool as you like.
i presume an employee out on the drink , i was very late checking in and they probably thought the room would be empty where they could get a few hours sleep.
i was kinda looking forward to breakfast and slept late to around 10am , the bar was still going when i walked by , although this looked like hangover drinking and not a continuation of the night before.
sadly breakfast was as poor as the rest of the stay and i got my stuff and fled vowing never to return.
such a shame ireland still has these hotels misleading visitors.
if its late drink you want and the freedom to go running and shouting around a hotel till 5 in the morning then this is the very place.
however if its a few pints and a decent nights sleep then forget it.

2 Thank hawkwind23
Drogheda
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Just arrived back from this hotel yesterday. Arrived on Friday for a two night stay. On arrival at 4.00, after a three hour drive, I was informed that if paying by cash then I would have to provide them with the full amount there and then. I was paying by a combination of cash and credit card (a family member's card as a present). I did not have the amount of cash on me at the time and was told that I could not be allowed into my room until I had provided them with the cash. So I had to walk 10 minutes down the road in the rain to a bank machine. I don't understand why they could not have told me this on the phone when I spoke to them the day before. When I arrived back at the hotel with the cash I was informed that I still could not enter the room until I gave them the card number which I didn't have on me. All I wanted was to put my feet up for 5 minutes. Another girl named Sharon came over and told me that this was fine. She was the only nice member of staff at the front desk and I only dealt with her for the remainder of the weekend. We had booked a double room and when we got up to the room, we realised that what we actually had was two single beds pushed together. After complaining about this, we got a family room (which they also tried to charge us full price for).
The package that we booked included two back massages. The girl who did my massage though didn't put the gel on at the end that she was supposed to put on me. So now I can't sleep, or drive, or do my job properly. I have had to see a doctor about my back and as a result I'm out of work for the next week. By all accounts, avoid this hotel! The food was nice and all of the other staff were lovely but the experience was terrible and I would urge everyone to not book a stay in this hotel!!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
DaysHotel, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Rosanna.
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to send in the review of our hotel as it is only by such feedback that we can hope to improve our service. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the food and general service of our staff. I am disappointed that you did not give us the opportunity to rectify any issues you had while you were staying with us.
I am shocked to hear of your issues at check in, I have reprimanded the receptionist and assure you that this is not the standard of practice in our hotel. While it is our practice to take a credit card swipe or payment by cash/laser on arrival we would always let people check in and come back to us at a more convenient time. I do apologise for the room allocation, however, I would say that our single beds are ‘zip and link’ beds, the single mattresses zip together to make a double and the bases link together at each end so as not to come apart. I do not understand the remark of charging full price for the family room as we charge our rooms on a per person basis, regardless of room size, that is unless it was an upgrade room which does have an additional cost.
In relation to your comments for Spirit Beauty Spa, I am very sorry to hear you had discomfort after your massage. Your spa package included two deep tissue back, neck and shoulder massages and as they were deep tissue massages your therapists work deeper into the muscles then your regular swedish massage. For this reason you can experience stiffness and discomfort for a few days post deep tissue massage.
The Instant refreshing gel is sometimes applied after deep work on the back. This is only a refreshing gel that can temporarily help to cool down the area for approximately thirty minutes after treatment. This gel has no influence over the after effects of a massage and for this reason some therapists choose to use this product and some therapists choose not to use it.
The spa manager was on duty for your treatments and I do feel that if you had addressed your complaint with her on the day I would have most certainly ensured that one of my therapists of myself had given you some instant refreshing gel, if even to take home with you. As you did not confront me on the day regarding this matter I was unable to rectify it for you.
We have extremely high standards at Spirit Beauty Spa and our customer satisfaction is of upmost importance to us. This is the first bad review Spirit Beauty Spa has ever received since we opened three years ago. It is the first bad review ever submitted on trip advisor and on any other website.
We would apologise for any inconvenience caused, and hope to welcome you back in the future,

Kind Regards,