“Ireland Trip 2013” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Holy Cross Pub

The Holy Cross Pub
Ranked #28 of 174 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Ireland Trip 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a nice spicy pasta and a steak with mushrooms and onions. Both very good. It was within walking distance of our Bed and Breakfast!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank BandA2013

Kansas City, Missouri
“Ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Pub food but not at its finest. The Irish stew was a bit greasy and had a giant lump of mash in the middle of it - leaving one with lots of mash moistened with stew.

Visited July 2013
“One of the best carvery lunch around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my family went into the holy cross today for some lunch. My god what a carvery lunch we had. There was loads to choose from and the portions were huge. The staff could not have been any more helpful they even found us a nice table to sit at. And I have two fussy eaters for kids and the staff went out of there way to cook croquets that were not on the menu for them. The atmosphere was very homely and very family orientated. I strongly recommend this place for lunch. I shall return.

• Visited June 2013
West Yorkshire
“Really excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stopped off this morning for breakfast with my Mum and Dad. In truth we were waiting when they opened at 9am. A really excellent full Irish for a great price €8 for 2 sausages, 2 bacon, egg, black pudding, white. Pudding, beans, mushrooms, loads of toast and soda bread, and lots of coffee. All three of is finished our plates and were full for the day. Friendly landlord too. Thoroughly recommend

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Youghal, Ireland
“deceptive from outside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stopped there recently with a group.This was my first call here although I have been passing it for years.What a surprise I got when I entered.This place is beautifully laid out,with little nooks and crannies scattered about.This is a place pub spy would have loved.The Carvery was huge and inviting.Portions were enormous,and even the Chef was very pleasant and looked the real deal with his red Goatee.The food here did not disappoint it was superb.The coffee was also excellent and came in big mugs.Certainly worth a visit,and I intend to call next time that I am passing.

• Visited April 2013