“Friendly staff, but coffee and food are average”
Review of Hook and Ladder

Hook and Ladder
Ranked #16 of 185 Restaurants in Waterford
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The idea behind cafehome is to showcase a number of various store concepts under the one brand, with each individual concept retaining its own individual ethos and style.The first of these concepts is Hook & Ladder, where we’ve created a unique atmosphere with expertly trained staff, showcasing a broad range of Irish artisan foods, plus a range of furniture and accessories. One truly unique aspect to Hook & Ladder is that all the café fittings – from the cutlery & crockery, to the seats you sit on – are available for purchase.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Visited this cafe twice. The staff were very friendly even though they were very busy during the Christmas period. Coffees are passable, and their cakes are quite nice. The disappointment for me was with the small Irish breakfast, the low quality products used led to a rather tasteless (other than the overpowering use of salt, common in cheap bacon and sausage). Stick to coffee and a cake and you will enjoy this little cafe.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Hook and Ladder is such a unique place. I absolutely loved it ! It makes a welcome change from the same old cafés. The coffee is to die for and I bought some beautifully made cream cakes. I felt like it was more like an outing in itself to visit hook and ladder their selection of really cute vintage kitchen stuff in the shop was so cute. I know they have a cookery school as well and if they can show me how to make the jam pastry thing then sign me up !! I will definitely return !

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Cannot recommend this place highly enough! It is such a unique concept! I really enjoyed the food particularly the desserts - they are amazing! I was pleasantly surprised to find out they also run cooking classes and demonstrations that are available for group bookings. Great idea for parties! This is so much more than a cafe - I would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Had lunch here today with friends, café has a lovely atmosphere however it is very overpriced. I had the quiche which came with a tiny side salad- two mouthfuls and coldslaw- which has on forkful. This was priced at 7.50 which I thought was a bit steep considering the portion size was quite small and also the quiche was warm on the edges and cold on the inside. My friend had a toasted sandwiches which was served on a side plate with a handful of crisps for 6 euro. I am all for supporting local business however the prices need to be lowered in my opinion.

3  Thank lou1Ireland
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a salad for 8.50 and it was very bland and unimaginative with no dressing...no different to something you'd make at home! The coffee was great tho and the staff very extremely friendly and welcoming! Some of the deserts looked amazing although I didn't have any!