“Great Spot”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Visited Waterford for the weekend with my husband and another couple. We stayed in a hotel in city centre and unfortunately the food was not to our taste. After trying a few of the local eateries we were looking for somewhere to enjoy a Sunday dinner. After asking in several shops, we were recommended to pop down to the Three Ships. So glad we followed the advice - my husband and his friend both had carvery, which (as big men) they both thoroughly enjoyed - large selection and everything was cooked fresh. My friend and I decided to opt for the Ala Carte menu, which was extensive - I had curry and she had chicken goujons - both were delicious! All in all - lovely pub, friendly staff and delicious food! Well worth a visit!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were the only customers at the time, that should have given us a clue.
Enough said.
The whole place could do with a good cleanup.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Nice big clean pub that's a nice stop for a few pints and friendly conversation. We've heard their breakfast is good too (and breakfast can be hard to find in Waterford so we're looking forward to trying it!!! ) It took 2-3 visits for the bartender to warm up, but once he did we felt genuinely welcome and had a great time chatting. Will return to Three Shippes. Liked the atmosphere, and free WIFI too. We heard they have live music on some nights which I bet is great since there's plenty of space to spread out. We recommend!

1  Thank caseyjDESIGN
Reviewed November 25, 2013

it was my first time in the three shippes and it wont be my last, i had food there the 2 days i stayed in waterford, and i could`nt fault it, great wholesome food, at a decent price, i was with friends there on Saturday and they decided to dine there as well instead of going else where and they were`nt disapointed, the staff are very friendly and cater for your every need, the next time i`m in Waterford i know where to go for a good meal, and a pint,

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This bar used to be great for food. The visit this year was a bit disappointing. The food was pleasant but, like many places in Ireland, cutbacks have affected quality. The Three Shippes is still worth a visit however.

2  Thank JkbGlagow