“nice lunch”

Oskars
Ranked #35 of 182 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Oskars is open 7 days a week serving morning coffee and scones for the tired and weary. Our lunch menu is the best of both worlds - Carvery and specials as well as our specially designed A La Carte Menu. The Carvery includes roast of the day, market fresh fish, lasagne, Chicken Pepper sauce, Club Sandwiches, Paninnis, burgers, steaks and a lot more. The Evening menu offers a choice of 10 homemade burgers, steaks & steak sandwiches, bbq ribs, a fresh fish selection including our famous seafood pancake and salmon fishcakes. The Boards in the kitchen will also feature a number of daily specials. Food is something we love, so we want to do it right! SPORTING EVENTS: We love our Sport at Oskars and have dedicated our entire upper floor to it. We believe that if you love sport too, you should experience it like it's supposed to be - in glorious HD on two 12ft Screens, with stunning surround sound. However, if sport is not your bag, we also believe that it shouldn't be rammed down your throat. This is why downstairs you can enjoy a drink or some food, without having to listen to the many excitable commentaries. The best of both worlds - we hope!
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was in Oscars last Friday for a lunch with my friend. The atmosphere was really nice, quiet music in background and really friendly staff. The location is perfect and they have a free car park. Menu was very good so I actually have a trouble to pick something :). Eventualy we both had a panini with homemade chips and salad. Everything was really yummy.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

As said above, the menu at Oskars is quiet extensive and reasonably priced. However the service isn't hectic. The bar/restaurant and the toilets are clean.
The location is perfect. It's a nice place for a coffee or a quick bite to eat and a catch up with friends.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Remember Cheers? That home from home where everybody knows your name? The barman has your favourite tipple in front of you before you can ask and they always have smiling faces and listening ears? Well, Oskars is my Cheers but with the added benefit of having a really great food menu from early morning 'till late evening.

The premises reopened under the new management of super-chef Jim (Flash) Gordon last year (2012) having been closed for a couple of years. Since it reopened I would safely say there hasn't been a week that passed when we haven't commandeered one of our two favourite tables for a couple of hours.

Someties we come for just a coffee and a scone. Mairead, one of the excellent chefs, will always come to our table to greet us and bring the daily newspaper for Mum.

On other occasions we'll enjoy a light snack or a full meal. Whichever we choose, I have never had reason to complain. If we just want picky food then I will order the nachos laden with guacamole, spicy salsa, and melted cheese. They really are yummy. As a snack I'd also recommend the chicken fillet pieces which my nephew enjoys with a peanut dip but I love with garlic mayo.

If you want something more substantial there's a carvery every lunchtime plus a vast a la carte menu of very varied dishes from morning till night. There are specials displayed over the cavery every day and these range from delicious Duck in Tamarind sauce to perfect prawns in garlic and basil to beef burritos bursting with flavour.

Service is always, and I mean always, with a smile. It's also fast and friendly and attentive.

Desserts are to die for and not to be attempted if you are watching your waistline. I drool over the pot o' chocolate. I slaver over the sizzling hot apple pie with caramel icecream. Did I mention the chocolate pizza? Yes, chocolate!

Prices ar reasonable and range from around six euro for a light snack to around twenty for a huge steak dinner. Carvery items are around eleven to fifteen euro.

If you're in Waterford you have to visit. The seating is comfortable, the music great, the staff superb. It's on the main Dunmore Road heading towards Dunmore Est about five minutes past the Regional Hospital.

At night time there's almost always something going on - a quiz, a live band, a comedy club......

During the day childrn ae so welcome that they even have a specially created little area for them with beanbags and movies on their own tv.

There are outdoor smoking areas buth on the ground floor and on balconies upstairs.

2  Thank GourmetGabi
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was in oskars on a Monday with the family and we had sat down for a quick lunch. The waiter came up to us with a big smile on his face and full of chat. much a lovely guy and so friendly with the kids. We had our lunch and all the way through we were looked after with drinks. We ordered 2 bottles of wine and it was served restaurant style even though it was a bar and when it came time for deserts we didn't even need to look at the menu as the waiter read out the menu as if he had held it it his hand and we were very surprised as we've been to a few restaurants and the menu was just handed to us. The food was excellent and the service was even more so. We will be returning on our next trip.

2  Thank Nickie M
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I go to Oskars at least twice a month with my family for Sunday lunch and I have to say it is one of the best places in Waterford to visit and this is coming from a Waterford born lady. The staff are so friendly, helpful and welcoming and I have never had a bad meal there the food is perfect in every way. Their burger is to die for and the best in the South East by far.

1  Thank Emma S