“What a Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Westmeath
“What a Hotel”
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Came to this hotel recently with my girlfriend and my gosh were we impressed. The food and the staff especially were excellent, very good atmosphere in the restaurant and bars. If you like amature photography of city/sea scapes then Waterford city is the place to come and see.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northern Ireland
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Fantastic website and booking experience.
From check-in until check-out, very very bad.
At check-in, staff was very rude. I mentioned that there will be two adults staying instead of one and they charged me more for the additional person than the price I had already paid for the room.
The room was very very very dirty, as soon as I took my shoes off and I could inmediately feel dirt on my the sole of my feet. I had a look at them and found toe nails stuck the sole of my feet. Decided to take a shower and foudn two set of hair balls in the bath. Came out of the shower and found more sets of hair balls all over the room. Went to connect my hair dryer but was afraid of getting electrocuted. Wires on two of the electric sockets in the room were sticking out. Then, decided to go to the bar for a drink and was given a dirty glass with lipstick all over. Not only the one time but in the two times I ordered a gin and tonic.
At check-out, once again another very rude and very arrogant staff who was actually the Front Office Manager.
I will not recommend this hotel to anyone, my worst experience in hotels ever.
I only expect cleanliness from a hotel and in this respect the hotel has lots and lots to learn and improve on.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Kernow
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Thanks to the staff for all their skill over the weekend, and to the management for supporting Waterford's Festival of seafaring, music and song. Stayed at the Hotel with a group of singers as part of the Festival and enjoyed it all. Big room, big breakfast, helpful and friendly staff, what more do you need? We certainly intend to return again.

• Stayed May 2010
meath
Reviewed May 25, 2010

This hotel made our first anniversary one to remember.The staff were so nice to us and everyone from the time we got there till we left.We were upgraded to a suite which was lovely and a complimentary drink on the night.The food was great and my tea was poured for me after dinner.We will certainly go back there and tell people about it.Thanks alot to the hotel.Edel and Bernard.Meath

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Took a weekend away with my boyfriend. Wasn't too sure about it booking it at first but Tower Hotel Waterford was a great choice. Hotel is right in the centre so you can leave your car in the free carpark and stroll into town. Rooms are lovely. Staff couldn't be more helpful. Even helped jump start my car!
The downstairs bar and restaurant are a must! Bar was relaxing during the day and lively at night. Restaurant food was great. Will definitely recommend to friends.

Aberdeen Scotland
Reviewed May 7, 2010

Two of my colleagues and I stayed 3 nights in Tower Hotel Waterford. Having to make a meeting on the Friday morning we decided to have an extended weekend. On arrival the check in was very quick despite what seemed to be quite a large function. As our UK mobiles signal was loss receptionist kindly connected us to UK, much appreciated. I have to say the food was fantastic as was the breakfast. Service was excellent. The rooms were very comfortable. The tower location was excellent for the night life as few lively pubs and clubs only a short walk which the staff recommended to us. Nice pool and sauna to relax. In all trips to Ireland was enjoyable and would look forward to returning sometime, value for money and would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 7, 2010

Just back from a well deserved break in the Tower in Waterford. After reading some negative reviews on Tripadvisor I was a bit apprehensive about out stay but was presently surprised. Our check in was very efficient and staff are very eager to please, we were advised that we had one of the newly refurbished rooms which are fab highly recommended. Great leisure centre and spa facilities, my partner had a facial and back massage for only E 45.00 ! Breakfast was great - we also ate in the bar at lunchtime the day we arrived as our room was not ready and in the restaurant one night as we one meal included in our package both were delicious. There's a good atmosphere in the bar in the evenings and its lovely to sit and look out on the river at night. There is free parking and free wifi in the rooms. This hotel is a 5 minute walk to the main shops and pubs. We will definitely be back and recommending to all our family and friends.