“Relaxing, friendly helpful staff and food to die for at the Tower Hotel Waterford”

Tower Hotel Waterford
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Tipperary
Reviewed October 27, 2009

We went to the Tower to celebrate our 10th anniversary, our room was warm overlooking the marina, clean and welcoming, staff were so friendly and available to answer any queries we had. We dined in the restraurant and the food was heavely and well presented with a wonderful selection to choose from. The leisure centre was clean and inviting and a great place to chill out . The hotel is so central with shops and pubs nearby within walking distance. It was lovely to relax in the bar at any time of the day or evening. All in all a wonderful experience in a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cork
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I would not recomened this hotel to anyone.

When I checked out of the hotel I paid my account using my Laser Card and then the hotel decided to charge double the amount to the Credit Card I used to secure the booking without my permission - So I have paid 3 times the amount for our stay
When I rang the hotel they did not apologise and said that this is the norm that they charge the card you used to secure the booking even though when I checked out I used a different card to pay and spoke to me as if I was stupid as if that was the normal thing
I styed in hotel all over the world and this is not the norm.
All they said was that it will be refunded in a couple of days.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I am just back from a weekend at the Tower.
1st things 1st, there have been a few reviews complaining about the decor & that the hotel needs a bit of a face lift.
In one respect I don't disagree the hotel could do with a lick of paint & bit of a revamp but for €150 for 2 adults 2 nights Bed & Breakfast and 1 evening meal with a bottle of wine what are people complaining about??
The staff more than make up for the scruffy aspects of the hotel. The check in staff couldn't do enough for us. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 1pm & the receptionist (I cant remember her name but she had short blonde hair) offered us complimentary Tea or coffee while we waited. She didn't have to offer us anything given that the check in time is 2pm.
We had dinner in the restaurant on the Friday night, I was astounded at the quality of the food; I have the chicken liver parfait & the medallions of beef, the beef was cooked to perfection & melt in the mouth, my wife had the vegetable soup & the sirloin again the quality of the produce & cooking was 2nd to none; the hotel are extremely lucky to have such talented chefs working in their kitchen.
Not to take away from the waiting staff they were great, the Maitre Dit couldn't do enough for us.
All in all its great value for money.
I'd would definitely return to the Tower

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mclaren1Ireland
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I was only here for one night, but I found this Hotel to be a nice Hotel. Nothing too fancy, but the Hotel tries to look expensive. The room is ok, but the shower facilities were a little below standard.
We had a TV and a writing desk and cupboard. The bed was comfortable.
The food was nice but nothing special. All in all, if you are staying here for a short period, this hotel would be ideal. Wouldn't recommend it for a long stay in Waterford

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Truly average hotel in Waterford in need of some restoration, Staff were friendly, bedrooms were average, bathroom looked in need of a makeover.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
London
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I would have said that the Tower Hotel suffers from faded grandeur, but that would be to presume it had grandeur in the first place. This is a characterless place. My double room was showing its age, with mould growing around the bath and a curtain rail about to fall from the window. A teaspooon lay mysteriously on the bathroom sink for no apparent reason. I had one of the worst pints of Guinness I can remember in the bar, with a head that looked more dark brown than creamy white. The hotel corridors stink of food - it put me right off my breakfast. The hotel is in a decent location, but views of the river from the third floor are marred by the detritus lying on the roof below. The reception staff were friendly, but all in all, I would not recommend.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Ireland
Reviewed August 24, 2009

We stayed at the hotel at the beginning of August for 2 nights. We had a number of rooms booked and we were well looked after. Everything went to plan, we had a very smooth, organised checkin with all our rooms on the same floor. The bedrooms are nice and spacious. Breakfast was brilliant with a great selection of everything. The hotel is located in a great spot, very close to everything. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2009