“Dissapointing”

Tower Hotel Waterford
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed January 29, 2008

The saving grace of this hotel is the friendly and helpful staff, otherwise the product is poor and we did not enjoy our experience.

Insulation in the bedroom is terrible so awake half the night from street noise and guests returning at all hours. As our room was near the lift the noise started again early on Sunday morning so we left exhausted after a poor nights sleep. Dinner was poor, served carvery style, it was the first time I had to cue up for my food. The Caesar salad was the worst ever and the Baileys Cheesecake was missing the Baileys. The coffee was almost grey it had been brewed so long. We returned two pints of Guinness that were definitely off and the bar staff were among the slowest ever.

Breakfast was not much better, it seemed like the cheapest of products had been selected and cooked without any flair.

• Stayed: January 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,238)

Reviewed November 21, 2007

From check-in to chek-out the friendly service stood out the most, am sure we were annoying with some of the requests but nothing was too much. Was visiting friends in area and had dinner in the restaurant with them one of the nights which everyone was delighted with. Really enjoyed our stay there..... keep up the good work!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2007

Stayed here with my boyfriend for a lovely weekend. So handy for everything in Waterford. Staff were extremely helpful. Even helped us jump start our car which had broken down. Great breakfast. Lovely room.

• Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed November 19, 2007

If you are visiting Waterford on either business or pleasure then you must stay at the Tower Hotel.

It is in an excellent location and has a free car park just behind the hotel which is really handy - we left the car there for 2 days as you can walk to all the shops and bars from the hotel.

Our room was lovely, big, bright and spacious with a lovely view over the river.

The bar, restaurant and leisure centre must have all been recently renovated and are very tasteful. The staff are lovely, really friendly and informative, they gave us lots of information on what to see and do in Waterford.

For a 3 star hotel they have lots of dining options which surprised me, there is an excellent bar food menu or you can have dinner in the carvery restuarantr or A La Carte in the Bistro.

Both my husband and I really enjoyed our stay and would definitely reccommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2006
Reviewed November 15, 2007

Stayed in the Tower Hotel with a group of girl on a reunion from College. We had been to college in the now WIT a "few" years ago and decided to meet and catch up with each other over a weekend. We found the staff extremely helpful and courteous. We had dinner and a couple of bottles of wine in their Bistro on the Saturday night after a hectic day of shopping in the city centre. Went for a swim and sauna each morning to set us up for the day, which was badly needed. Really lovely atmosphere and place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2007

stayed in this hotel for a weekend with 11 other women friends (not hen party) we go to different hotels every yr once a yr at christmas,to catch up.
this was the worst ever we stay in between 3-4 star hotels with leisure facilities i would give this hotel one star.
the reception and bar looks like it was newly done up but the corridors and rooms are in a bad way.Do not stay on the first floor in rooms between 120-146 as the smell of food cooking in the kitchens come up along this corridor and can be smelt in the rooms which was quite sickening.Our room was very shabby and in need of a good overhaul the cutains were hanging off the rail all that was needed was a few curtain hooks.the nets were torn and filthy the window wouldnt close so noise was heard from the streets all night.Talking of noise the guy who sorts out the empty bottles started work at 4am and was still heard at 9am.i do not recommend this hotel for people who want a quiet weekend with good food as the evening meal was self service and cold if you want a lie in in the morning the chamber maids knock in at 9 and then 10mins later they ring you so no sleep in.take my advice stay away from this hotel we wont be returning.

• Stayed: November 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank bernithebolt
Reviewed November 10, 2007

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and have to admit I was a bit disappointed. I knew I wasnt going to be in the lap of luxury but for a 3 star hotel I was expecting more (and I'm not fussy). The lobby and bar are quite modern and have obviously received a make-over in recent years but the rooms were really quite poor. They reminded me of a dublin bedsit that I lived in while at college - not something I really wanted to be reminded of. It just seemed very grubby and old fashioned. I also found the rooms to be a bit cold. Speaking of cold - the air conditioning in the restaurant would blow you out of it! Overall I think if I was going back to Waterford I would look for a different place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Shopaholic1981