“Everything we hoped for”

Dooley's Hotel Waterford
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Everything we hoped for”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Having had a sleepless night on the overnight ferry from Pembroke the staff were very helpful and made a room available for us early so that we could get some rest, and tidy ourselves up, before exploring Waterford. The room was excellent, as were the public areas and the breakfast was really good. Overall we thought that Dooley's was excellent value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Paignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed here for four nights last week on a coach holiday last week. This has to be one of the best hotels in this part of Ireland. All the staff were very friendly and efficient. The food was excellent and a slight variation of the menu was no problem. ie ice cream instead of cream. We had a rear room which was clean and quiet, those in the front rooms were unable to have windows open at night due to high traffic noise. For those that are interested WiFi costs 3 euros per 24 hours.

Room Tip: For a quiet room avoid one that over looks the road and river.
2 Thank djsmv
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Great family hotel, staff were really friendly and the service was excellent. Room was very comfortable and better than the 3 star rating, I was very impressed. The food was excellent and was one of the reasons for choosing Dooley's as I had read previous reviews. I wish to thank Renata, our waitress in the restaurant and also Rachael at reception who arranged my booking and arrival treats for my family. I have stayed at many hotels at home and abroad and I must say that my stay at Dooley's ranks among the top 5 hotels I have stayed at. The room service breakfast was definitely the best standard ever experienced in any hotel and the quality and choice of food in the restaurant was better than most 5 star hotels. I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely return to Dooley's very soon.
Thank you so much for a lovely few days

Room Tip: I was on the 1st Floor and I had absolutely no complaints. The linen has to be the best quality ever...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Daniel D
North, South Carolina
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Very nice hotel with comfortable furnishings. Great pub-style bar and excellent breakfast. Only one night here while on a tour but really enjoyed our stay. Very nice, friendly people. Handy location in the city, walking distance to Waterford Crystal and on the river.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cands2
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed in Dooley's Hotel last weekend for my sisters hens, we had originally booked another Hotel in Waterford but because the reviews for the Hotel on Trip Advisor were so bad my sister wanted to change Hotel, I rang Dooleys not thinking I would get any accomodation and I spoke to Denise in reservations who kindly found rooms for all of us. The hotel is situated right across from the bus station which was brilliant. The rooms are grand, nice and cosy. We had dinner in the restaurant on the Friday night, the food was fab, I had soup and steak and it was the gorgeous, nicest steak I had in ages, the restaurant staff was lovely, I didnt want desert as I was full and the manageress asked if I was sure I didnt want desert, the staff are very nice and accomodating. The bar staff were equally nice and very friendly. The breakfast was buffet style but there was plenty of food, it was delicious, sorted us out for the day. We only stayed for 2 nights but I will definitely return for another weekend with friends later in the year as its only a 5 minute stroll to shops and all the pubs. You have to try out the Hotel restaurant as the food is lovely.

3 Thank Ruby M
Reviewed May 5, 2012

This hotel is in a great location in Waterford, very central and parking across the road. The hotel room was comfortable however the hotel itself was a little dated. I stayed for two nights with my partner in this hotel. Staff on reception were not overly welcoming when we arrived. After the first night of staying there, I had a horrendous experience in the morning. One of the cleaning staff decided to let themselves into my hotel room without knocking while I was in the shower and I had to ask her to leave. An hour later, another member of cleaning staff let themselves into the room without knocking while I was getting dressed. And a half hour later, a member of staff knocked on the door, I answered and they were wondering if we were still in the room. We were inappropriately disturbed on two occasions and I was very upset about this. Overall, this hotel was physically good but I was very upset with the service.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank bambiam88
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Dooleys in Waterford is a true gem. The staff are very friendly and helpful and offer that special feeling of being very welcome and more than just a paying guest. The hotel is spotlessly clean and offers up a tasty traditional Irish breakfast. I look forward to another stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends