“Our Wedding :)”
Review of Woodlands Hotel

Woodlands Hotel
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had our wedding here on the 21st of June this year and all I can say is wow. We had our ceremony and reception here and it was perfect :) All the staff were amazing and looked after us so well. We have kids and they accommodated us with them in every way. The food was fantastic and everybody thoroughly enjoyed it. The Manager and the Events Coordinator couldn't do enough for us. They helped us organise everything and the day was just perfect. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing about the day. They were so professional and friendly. The Bridal Suite is just fabulous. So romantic :) I couldn't recommend The Woodlands enough. Its a fantastic hotel, in fact I just had to go back there today for lunch ;)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Woodlands Hotel

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Just Returned from a stay in this lovely hotel. I can't praise the staff enough from the moment we arrived we were greeted by a friendly receptionist called Sandra she was efficient and helpful and the other girl on the desk that was the late receptionist was also very friendly. We were travelling with my parents and my Dad is very ill anything we asked for was brought with out fuss we ate in the hotel each night and the food was gorgeous. The Waitress Nancy was so nice and cheery and treated us like family. Would definitely return here. The only negative I have to say is that our room was over the function room and it was quite noisy on one of the nights as there was a large group in and also the lift was quite noisy other than that I would return and maybe request a different room on another floor. I had not the heart to complain as the staff were so nice. Breakfast was also excellent. Well done to all

Room Tip: Maybe request a room not near the lift would not reccommend Room 113 and 108 otherwise fab
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2013

my son had his wedding at hotel, every thing was perfect , manger could not do enough for us , staff , food , bedrooms where excellent, the wedding room was done so professional, and also so airy, i would recommend this hotel for any occasion , well done to all involved you made our day perfect.....

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2013

stayed here with my family. Rooms were clean and staff were very nice on average,breakfast was varied and suited all our needs, we ate in the bar one evening and it was extremely tasty, but there was one member who stood out especially, I think her name was Bernie and she was working in the bar, she could not do enough to help us, she was very friendly and advised us of places to visit with our children while we were in waterford. Its the little things like friendliness that encourage people to return to the hotel and we will def be back in the summer, well done Woodlands :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for two nights attending wedding, the meal at wedding was delicious. The food was very fresh, served by very efficient staff. The food was very well flavored with herbs , compliments to the Chef. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful at all times, lovely rooms and very comfortable. Breakfast was very good, will have no problem recommendation this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: We had room to front it was very spacious and airy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed in the Woodlands hotel this weekend as we were attending a wedding which was held there and could not fault it from the moment we arrived to the time we checked out. The staff were very professional,friendly and most welcoming. There were a couple of things that the wedding party needed help with and the manager was excellent giving assistance and additional staff to help out. The weding itself was fantastic and the food was to a very high standard. I would definetly consider it a very good location to have a wedding.The room was immaculate and the bed was extremly comfortable. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on Monday night on the rate of€45 not inc breakfast. I was in Waterford for work and I was very pleased with my hotel choice. The girl on reception was very helpful. She checked me in and out. I didn't have dinner in the bar or breakfast but I did go for a swim in the leisure centre. The pool was great. I had a good swim and used the steam room. My room was very close to the leisure centre so I threw on a track suit and showed in my room which suited me perfectly. I had full coverage on the free wifi which was great. I needed to do some work so the wifi was a great bonus although my Vodafone coverage was very poor. For €45 it was a bargain. I will be back. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2013