“Great venue for wedding”
Review of Woodlands Hotel

Woodlands Hotel
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for two nights attending wedding, the meal at wedding was delicious. The food was very fresh, served by very efficient staff. The food was very well flavored with herbs , compliments to the Chef. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful at all times, lovely rooms and very comfortable. Breakfast was very good, will have no problem recommendation this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: We had room to front it was very spacious and airy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed in the Woodlands hotel this weekend as we were attending a wedding which was held there and could not fault it from the moment we arrived to the time we checked out. The staff were very professional,friendly and most welcoming. There were a couple of things that the wedding party needed help with and the manager was excellent giving assistance and additional staff to help out. The weding itself was fantastic and the food was to a very high standard. I would definetly consider it a very good location to have a wedding.The room was immaculate and the bed was extremly comfortable. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on Monday night on the rate of€45 not inc breakfast. I was in Waterford for work and I was very pleased with my hotel choice. The girl on reception was very helpful. She checked me in and out. I didn't have dinner in the bar or breakfast but I did go for a swim in the leisure centre. The pool was great. I had a good swim and used the steam room. My room was very close to the leisure centre so I threw on a track suit and showed in my room which suited me perfectly. I had full coverage on the free wifi which was great. I needed to do some work so the wifi was a great bonus although my Vodafone coverage was very poor. For €45 it was a bargain. I will be back. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner and our 6 month old daughter . Even that we didn't book a family room they gave us one for the same price . Best bed I ever slept in . My partner and I are both in the hotel business and have worked around Europe and Ireland . Great hotel staff very friendly and helpful . Can't recommend it enough . We had bar food , which was great and the carvery looked good too .

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Excellent choice for any one. Staff are friendly and very helpful, food is good, depending on the length of stay.
Easy access to Waterford and surrounding areas.
Rooms very clean and the internet access is FREE.. Big chain hotels could take a leaf out of this hotels books..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a one night stay in the woodlands. The staff are amazing. Reception staff member Sandra made us feel so welcome. My son has special needs but nothing was too much trouble for them so thank you.
The bar food is amazing too and plenty of it. All fresh. The breakfast is great. Buffet style.
Thank u to all the staff for making our time away so good.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The staff at the Woodlands are excellent, from arrival to departure they were welcoming, helpful and friendly. The rooms are huge, the beds are very comfortable and the entire place is clean and tidy. The pool is an excellent bonus and was the perfect temperature.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ClaireOMahony01, Sales & Marketing Manager at Woodlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Andy R,

Thank you for your kind review. I was delighted to read you found the staff welcoming, helpful and Friendly. I will ensure to pass on your comments to the team who I am confident will find this very motivating.

We hope to welcome you back to the Woodland Hotel, Waterford in the near future.

Kindest Regards,