“lovely food”

Munster Bar
Ranked #17 of 174 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waterford
“lovely food”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My family have been to the Munster now for years, and we cant fault the food in any way, It's always freshly cooked and piping hot, the service is great and the staff are very helpful and chirpy, it is a family run restaurant and bar and the Fitzgeralds go out of their way to make your stay a very pleasant one, and of course the price is very good for the quality. Would highly recommend it,

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Molly050

McGregor, Minnesota
“We keep returning to this lunchtime gem!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Every time we are in Waterford, we make sure to eat lunch at the Munster. Friendly staff. (Never too busy if you wait for carvery to end at 2 pm before ordering off menu) The sandwiches are to die for! It's rare for my husband and I to agree on a place for pub-food, to both find something we love on menu and to go back again and again and be continually impressed with the food. Seriously great combinations of brie and meats and breads and sauces and perfect crisps and decent prices.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank caseyjDESIGN
Perth, Australia
“Great food, great time.”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The Munster Bar lived up to it's reviews , the food from the bar was so good we went twice , the Irish Stew was the best I've ever had and my husband had Sausages , onions and mash , we had both two nights in a row , the apple tart with custard was delicious .
The staff were fabulous , very helpful and made us very welcome .

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Glenbanjup
Waterford, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect meal... perfect night!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

One Saturday night before a night in the theater me and my boyfriend went to the Munster bar for a pre theater meal and drink. All I can say is that we will definitely be doing this again and recommending it to friends! We booked a table for 5.30, we went into the bar for a two drinks as we were early.. where we received beautiful wine served by a lovely helpful woman. After our drink we walked upstairs to the beautiful warm restaurant where we got a beautiful tasty meal for an amazing price! It was busy and yet we were still on time for the show and had wonderful table service! A perfect night and a perfect meal!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ruth W
Lismore, Ireland
“Lovely bar, good service and the best chowder in Ireland.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Lovely bar, good service and the best chowder in Ireland (so far).
I have long reckoned that the best chowder I've enjoyed was to be had at the Moorings Bar next to Dungarvan Castle in West Waterford. However I have to say The Munster Bar has put it up to the best - and because of the lack of flour (to any discernible degree) I found the mélange lighter and though not as "meaty" as the Moorings offering - it was most satisfying.
My wife at first did not concur but eventually (by the end of the substantial bowl) gave The Munster Bar 1/2 point more that the Moorings - in fairness no other comes close.

• Visited October 2013