“Great Carvery & friendly service”
Review of The Munster Bar

The Munster Bar
Ranked #20 of 180 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Not only do they serve really good "pub" carvery food, they offer 1/2 size portions that are more than enough for the average person.

I miss this type of pub food in London but have found it again in Ireland.

Across the street from to Waterford Retail Center on the Mall in Waterford.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We were directed to a "Great" place to eat by a Waterford Crystal Factory employee. Right across the street we went in and were immediately met by a very nice atmosphere and friendly staff. After a long day of train travel and factory tour we were definitely ready for some good food and cool refreshment. The Seafood Chowder was very delicious accompanied with a Smithwick's and followed by a huge plate of fish n' chips you can't go wrong. My wife was totally taken with the home made brown bread that was served. It was absolutely out of this world. The bread was so good we asked for a few extra pieces to take with us that we ate with breakfast the next morning. My wife is still talking about the brown bread.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My best friend and I, both in our 50's, made our first trip to Ireland last year. We rented a car, had no tour guide and were off to explore. We were disappointed in the Waterford Crystal Factory and were hungry after our visit there so we walked across the street and discovered this jewel. We were there at mid-day and I was so excited to try the seafood chowder I had heard so much about and the brown soda bread. I also tried a couple of other items but we were hooked on the seafood chowder and ordered it at several other places during our visit to Ireland, but none compared to the Munster Bar. The owner/manager, or whoever it was in charge that day, was very friendly. The price was reasonable and I just can't say enough about the quality of the food. If/when I ever return to Ireland, this is one place I can't wait to return to. The atmosphere was wonderful, servers were friendly, the place was very clean, and again, the food was beyond what we expected/hoped for.

1  Thank NCGrandma
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The food is consistently good here and the service is usually excellent. Had the early bird as a pre theatre dinner and the portions are very generous. excellent value 50 euros for 2 including a bottle of house wine(starters and main). Dessert was extra but delish, coffee not so good this time a bit weak for our taste.
Otherwise a very enjoyable experience which is added to by the cosy atsmophere of the surroundings.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Great value food on special menu. Lovely atmosphere. Nice to sit and have a quiet drink afterwards.