“Very good old world pub”
Review of Geoff's Bar

Geoff's Bar
Ranked #12 of 175 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
“Very good old world pub”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We have been here 3 times, which speaks for itself! Food excellent. Service was reasonably prompt in spite of being always busy. Decor old fashioned with lots of old advertising posters.

• Visited February 2014

• Czech first
Cork, Ireland
“I would definitely go again!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Went twice recently. Both times the food was excellent and I finished everything! The prices were reasonable. It's lovely on the inside. Very big and it's very busy without being noisy. The service is good. Waitress got a bit mixed up with my order but friendly all the same.

• Visited February 2014
Wexford
“Ignored by staff, dirty and smelly”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We seated ourselves and waited for 15 minutes while trying to catch the attention of the waitress. no luck, she seemed uninterested! Very dark and needs a good clean when you look closely. My friend used the toilet which left a lot to be desired so on that note we left. Also the smell of what I can only call 'loo blocs' was so overpowering.

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank TdeFaoite
Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland
“Horrendous customer service”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Myself and three friends were in waterford for the day and rang two days previous to book as we were restricted with time and had heard great things about this place. We booked for six o clock. It was busy with a nice atmosphere when we walked in .we werent too happy with the table we had but we appreciate sat will be busy so couldnt swap. A table close to us sat down and a staff member came over in less than 5 mins and asked them if they wanted to order. So we got dropped menus and staff member stated " ill be back in a few" nobody came near us after that . After 25 mins we went to bar to be told " sit down and somebody will be with you". Order was eventually taken and my friend asked instead of mixed leaves could she get some veg to be told we dont serve veg. Despite there being veg stir fry on menu!!we waited for our food and we v annoyed to see a different table who ordered after us being served there food first. We called the staff member over and said nicely was our food on the way as we had been there over an hour. He said he would check. And no sooner had he left when a very rude staff member landed on us stating "excuse me ladies its actually only 40 mins ye have been here" his attitude towards us was condesending and rude. He smiled and fought us every step of the conversation when we explained just how long we had been waiting. We aired our concerns and he didnt pay any attention just told us what a successful busy restaurant it is. We paid for the minerals and left the premises. I am glad to see a business doing so well in jan it loses custom like that. I work in customer service and its definitely in my top 5 worst dining experiences and I didnt even get to taste the food.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank lizzybee21
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“The best bar in Waterford!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I've been going to Waterford for 15 years to visit family, and Geoff's is the ONLY place to go! Lovely food, big drink choice, loads of different rooms! You can sit at the 'big table' and enjoy watching the ebb and flow, or you can tuck into a little nook and enjoy a quiet pint. The best Guinness in town, reasonable prices and lovely friendly staff.... This'll be my 'local away from home' for many years to come!