“Fantastic service, food and wine !!”
Review of Emiliano's

Emiliano's
Ranked #1 of 188 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic, recommend the mussels as a starter and fillet steak for main.. Waiters are extremely helpful and friendly.. Very relaxing... Would highly recommend!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We arrived without a booking at lunchtime on Sunday last July 27th and received a warm friendly welcome into a very traditional Italian restaurant. The decor was exactly like places we had eaten during a stay in Italy several years ago.

We enjoyed caprese salad to start followed by pasta gamberi and pizza for mains and a tiramisu for dessert. Bread and breadsticks were brought when we arrived and our water jug was refilled several times without request. The food was very good and the service attentive and friendly. Would highly recommend a visit if you are in Waterford city.

1  Thank Catherine J
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were staying in Waterford one night, with a CIE tour, at the Granville Hotel. Emiliano's is only a five minute walk away. First and foremost it's a very traditional Italian restuarant when you walk in and are greeted by the owner and his staff. The vibe is very friendly and you notice many locals entering who the staff knew well.
They gave us a nice large table for 2 right by the window. The only one in the house. HAHA. They must have known we needed a quiet romantic night away from our tour.
We had three appetizers and which were all presented with flair and were delicious. I had the black trout which was delightful and my women had ravioli. Then we had two desserts and coffee. Plus a very good bottle of Montalciano (Tuscan) wine.
We had a very relaxing and fun time watching the interaction of the staff and enjoyed our little corner by ourselves. The owner and the staff couldn't have been nicer.

On a lighter note: After we paid our bill and started to walk back to our hotel. A waiter came running down the street saying that we must have been mistaken as we paid to much. I laughed and said that was your tip for our delightful night. They are not used to such tipping. He was astonished and grateful.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Tripadvisor did it again! I booked a night in Waterford as a treat for my partners birthday. My first port of call was here for restaurant reviews. Emiliano's came out on top so I booked a table! It was SUPERB! First of all the staff were so friendly and helpful. They appeared like magic when you needed something but never hovered. Always attentive without disturbing you or your conversation. The atmosphere was wonderful - it was so busy that there was no music and no need. The natural ambiance was perfect. And the food....wow! I had the Antipasto starter and the Tagliatelle with prawns and spinach. Portions were very generous and every mouthful was divine. The meat on the antipasto board was of the highest quality and the presentation was beautiful. My pasta was seasoned to perfection with nothing else needed (but I do love black pepper and parmesan on my pasta so I added these). My partner got the mushrooms to start and the rack of lamb. OMG!!!!! It was faultless. Meat was beautifully rare and tender with a caramalised onion sauce to die for. Although my meal was delicious - I was very jealous and now need to make another trip to waterford to have the lamb for myself! Emiliano himself was there making sure everyone was happy and we had a very pleasant chat with him. I wish this restaurant was in Dublin so we could eat here all the time. Value was outstanding. Without doubt one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. My only advice is go there very hungry or share a starter! We almost needed to be rolled out :-)

1  Thank Sinead U
emiliano c, Owner at Emiliano's, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

dear costumer thank you for taking the time to write this great from me and my greatful staff review and again was pleasure to meet you regards emiliano ARRIVEDERCI!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We arrived without reservations on a Wednesday night. It was busy but they opened up the upstairs and it quickly filled up with customers. The manager (maybe owner) personally waited on a couple who did not want to sit up stairs (but did) and did not want to wait for an hour for a downstairs table. I thought that was very kind of him. We had a fabulous waiter who was on top of everything. The food was prepared just as if you were in Italy. Truly enjoyed everything!

1  Thank drsped